Duramax7man7

Received my 2" Version 1 Hitch! (photos)

KC9KAS

Very nice!

Thanks for the photos.

• Like 1

Duramax7man7

Thank you! Glad you liked them! :) 

SALTYWRIGHT

I HAVE THE SAME HITCH. VERY WELL MADE.  RUSS

• Like 1

cschannuth
On ‎12‎/‎17‎/‎2016 at 3:32 PM, Mastiffman said:

Hey Gang,

Just figure that I'd show some shots of my hitch fresh out of the box and installed and in use... I'm not using this thing for much other than a ballast weight setup of 100lbs but it's PERFECT for it! So worth the money with a well built attachment. Will have many uses in the feature!

Thanks Fellas!
20161217_090527.jpg20161217_121402.jpg20161217_121353_HDR.jpg

Very nice.  How much weight do think the hitch could handle?  Thanks.

GlenPettit

Craig:

I'm easily moving around a 3,000# trailer on a reasonably level gravel drive, backing up and turning it (with lug tires and a weighted front),

I'm sure the tongue weight is 5-600# but then a little bounce will make that well over 1,000# -- and this receiver system has absolutely no problem

handling it.  I have had two of these hitches for last 3-years and they are great, highly recommend them.

Especially like the extended hitch distance when towing a cart, much easier to turn (but it can be a shin nicker, from experience).

Note:  With weight behind the axle, it will lighten the front some and reduce steering, especially in snow,  must have extra weight up front too.

Glen

IMG_0113.jpg

That's a 7/8" tractor hitch pin with d-rings holding the receiver to the tranny (TSC - $10, not supposed to freeze/rust in place) and the hitch was for ATV's, with 3 uses.

Edited by GlenPettit
  • Excellent 1

cschannuth
1 hour ago, GlenPettit said:

Craig:

I'm easily moving around a 3,000# trailer on a reasonably level gravel drive, backing up and turning it (with lug tires and a weighted front),

I'm sure the tongue weight is 5-600# but then a little bounce will make that well over 1,000# -- and this receiver system has absolutely no problem

handling it.  I have had two of these hitches for last 3-years and they are great, highly recommend them.

Especially like the extended hitch distance when towing a cart, much easier to turn (but it can be a shin nicker, from experience).

Note:  With weight behind the axle, it will lighten the front some and reduce steering, especially in snow,  must have extra weight up front too.

Glen

IMG_0113.jpg

That's a 7/8" tractor hitch pin with d-rings holding the receiver to the tranny (TSC - $10, not supposed to freeze/rust in place) and the hitch was for ATV's, with 3 uses.

Thanks very much. I assumed the hitch could handle it no problem. I was more worried about the rear axle and where it attaches to the transmission tunnel since it probably gets a lot of torque put on it. Thanks again. 

Duramax7man7

I"m sure the hitch can handle hundred's of pounds easily! The Axle will break long before the hitch will. that's for sure. 

Blackhood Bill

Where did you get this from. I also wonder if they make it where it can move up and down with hydraulic lift.

WVHillbilly520H
32 minutes ago, Whnewone said:

Where did you get this from. I also wonder if they make it where it can move up and down with hydraulic lift.

A vendor here in our classifieds, Rupert's Brother welding, ...do you have a sleeve hitch? I'm sure I could draw you up something to be made to use with it. 

IMAG4136.jpg

Edited by WVHillbilly520H
  • Excellent 1

Blackhood Bill

That picture gave me an idea. Thanks

• Excellent 1

Machineguy
2 hours ago, Whnewone said:

That Hillbilly is a pretty sharp guy! :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Thanks 1

WVHillbilly520H
12 hours ago, Whnewone said:

12 hours ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

A vendor here in our classifieds, Rupert's Brother welding, ...do you have a sleeve hitch? I'm sure I could draw you up something to be made to use with it. 

IMAG4136.jpg

12 hours ago, Whnewone said:

Or you could go here...https://www.ccspecialties.org/3points_sleevehitches.html...that is if you have a sleeve hitch,  if not go here...https://www.wheelhorsepartsandmore.com/hitches-liftkits.html#!/Hitches-&-Rock-Shaft-Kits/c/23548047/offset=12&sort=normal...if you are trying to use it for trailers or wood splitters...i made a couple for myself and dad like this 1 on his 1200.

Screenshot_20180928-064338.png

IMAG4062.jpg