Dball

Help removing hydro deck lift bar

Dball

As the title says reason i am trying to remove it is i am putting a snow plow on and i have the longer bar to have downward pressure any help would be grate thank u all 

Ed Kennell

I just use plastic cable ties to hold the deck lever up out of the way when I install a plow/dozer blade.   If you do want to take it off, there is a hairpin clip in the round shaft. Remove the clip and slide the shaft into the bushing.  You can then remove the bushing on the opposite end.  Then slide the shaft into that bushing hole and remove the other bushing.  You will then have enough clearance to remove the deck lever assembly.

• Like 1

Dball

Thank u sire i couldnt see the clip 

• Like 1

pfrederi

Some of hem use e clips which are pretty small and if covered with dirt invisible.

• Like 1

Dball

Is it really nessasary to remove the deck lift to install the down pressure bar ?or can it be some how zip tied up out of the way 

gwest_ca

You might be able to do that if the added lift link will clear it. I had to remove mine because the link was binding on it.

Garry

pfrederi

Are you really sure you want down pressure for snow plowing???    If you want to scrape a paved surface try tipping the blade forward.  Most all of what I plow is gravel or grass and I have skids on the plow.... i don't want the plow to dig in so floating s ideal.  There is a concrete apron in front of my shop that I try to scrap clean...To do that I use the 3 hole down on the back of the blade.  it is heavy enough to do a decent scrapping job.  Plowing all the time with down pressure will wear out your blade edge pretty quickly.

Edited by pfrederi
  • Like 2

wallfish

The down pressure is useful sometimes but I use it on a manual lift tractor. Just push on the lift bar to add pressure but it floats all the time. Using down pressure on a hydraulic lift would be much less useful because it will not float, but scraping in straight lines on a flat surface would work. Adding a little weight to the blade might be a better solution than down pressure but tipping the blade as Paul suggests covers most situations.