WHX??

Wardrobe Malfunction

AMC RULES

Looks like that ol' :wh: scratch fever...

has bitten you again.   :lol:

• Like 3

WHX??

:lol:

ACman

Could have been worse...ever watched the movie "Something About Mary" ...how'd get the beans above the frank :laughing-rolling:!

Need to show this pic to my son and light a fire under his butt and get my 520H and thrower going . He's out right now with the Kubota BX2230 with loader and 5' back blade . We've got probably 8" and not supposed to stop until 4am tomorrow . They already called school off for tomorrow.

Edited by ACman
  • Like 3

WHX??

I was havin so much good seat I never even noticed I got bit till I got her back in the shop!!!:lol:

AMC RULES

By the title...   :ychain:

was almost scared to look. 

20161211_120754.thumb.jpg.34ede7504cc904beacdca66eede76a08.jpg

With a game face like that...     :lol:

who knows what's going on in that cab?  

• Like 6

Shynon
19 hours ago, WHX9 said:

So this new to me cab reared up and bit me a little......the zipper on the left side that you have to reach thru to turn the chute did a little abrasive work on my arm. Lesson learned button down yer sleeve or wear gauntlet style gloves! Have had worst injuries via the rolling pin but still could have been avoided.  Was so nice & cozy in ther no jacket! Plan to extend it into the cab but a 2 stage is in the future.

20161211_155514.jpg

20161211_120754.jpg

Excuse me right side...

And I thought you were going to tell us you put on the wrong hat:text-imsorry::hide: (Green Bay Packers)

Edited by Shynon
  • Like 2

wallfish

Whew, clicking on that title was kind of like a car wreck, you just have to look but i was glad not to see your plumber crack posted in here Jim.

You can add an electric chute control motor to those single stages. 2 large washers and a short piece of pipe will make the drum and weld it all to a piece of rod. Connect a motor to it and save all the original hand crank pieces so it can easily be swapped back.

• Like 4

Ed Kennell

Hey Jim, Extend that chute crank back into that nice warm cab and you can keep your zipper closed.:ychain:

May as well install a chute deflector inside the cab while you are at it.

IMG_4140.JPGIMG_4144.JPG

• Like 6

WVHillbilly520H

Ed I like that mechanical chute deflector control thanks for the tip and inspiration ,less $ and aggravation than the electronic styles in my opinion, and the solid stone deflector really helps with getting that snow up the chute as I've done that myself on my single then put it over on my 2stage and my here's my crank extension it too was on the single now on the 2stage ,Jeff.

IMAG2445.jpg

Edited by WVHillbilly520H
  • Like 4

Ed Kennell

Yeah , it works well now Jeff.   I used a throttle assembly off the old walk behind tiller that I converted to the front mounted MAD MAX tiller.

I originally had the cable connected directly to the chute deflector and in that set up the cable had to be extended to close the chute against the force of the snow. This did not work very well as the cable assembly works much better at pulling than pushing.  So I added the lever on the chute and now the chute closes fine when I pull the cable.  

Sorry, I didn't mean to hijack your thread Jim, :text-offtopic: but if you do something like this, hopefully this may help.

I just noticed the picture was not the final version of the linkage.  The  pivot is now in the center of the lever and the cable is on the front end.

Edited by Ed Kennell
  • Like 1

WHX??

I know I know....problem is I didn't want to get too involved with this single as I have got the two stage waiten in the wings... then it's gonna be power everything....by the way no pic...thank God... but after the Packers game I did make a clean up round in my skivies....wife threw up her hands and went to bed!!! Man these cabs are comfy....minus the zippers of   course!

• Like 7

WHX??
13 hours ago, WVHillbilly520H said:

Ed I like that mechanical chute deflector

That is a good idea  Ed ...the short chutes don't have that kind of adjustability and what they do have is useless... right along with the cable chute rotator ...what a pain.  I would like to just cut the crank off and add a 3/8" rod coupler to bring it in the cab. Trouble is the single piece crank arm on the right side singles moves quite a bit from up position to down and is hard to reach with the blower in the up position, even with the zippered opening all the way open. 

• Like 1

oldlineman

Just thinking maybe you could adapt something like this to let your adjustment rod move up and down  :twocents-02cents: 

spin_prod_951013812.jpg

• Like 3

WVHillbilly520H

A piece of 5/16"-3/8" rubber hose clamped to either end makes a great flex coupler,Jeff.

• Like 3

Ed Kennell

Yeah, you definitely need some type of flex coupling and a support if you extend the crank into the cab.

WHX??

I like your idea Jeff ..no cost kinda thing and wouldn't take much. Don't want to spend a lot of time & energy on this as that two stage is staring me down. I have to make a complete crank assembly for that. Gonna be the first thing in the shop after the holidays. I get time this week  I'll get you that label & pay you for the  anti sway bracket. I saw somewhere (McMaster or Motion) has those universals for a 3/8 rod with set screw.

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H

Jim, if you want I'll get you the full dimension(when I get home from work) on my crank handle with extension so you can make it one piece and one less part to keep up with, BTW ain't no rush on the label/bracket deal when you get to it,Jeff.

WHX??

That would be great Jeff. I would guess there has to some type universal joint in ther as well? I don't have the support that is mid mount on the right either and don't know if I need it as there is what looks like a tab on the cab subport. I was going to di a thread on the two stage looking for pictures & help on it once I can get at it. It really sucks that all the stuff that is supposed to come with the 2-stg is missing so lots of stuff to make but what I paid for the blower I guess I shouldn't complain.

WVHillbilly520H

Jim, on your older single I would just cut the handle off above the washers/spring retainer (circled in pic of my 417 cab donor) then do a solid extension with the next size up pipe or metal tubing like I did with crank handle and it wouldn't need any extra support from the mid tach-a-matic, then on the 2 stage(unlike the tall chute single) there is no universal joint because of how the lift linkage works basically lifting it level to the grill/hood unlike the single pivoting in the front tach-a-matic, and my crank handle 3/8" diameter rod now measures 44" from the worm gear to the first bend inside the cab then approximately 3" 90° bend to another 90° bend 4" for your hand, basically just like the handle on the single, hope this helps,Jeff

IMAG0407_1.jpg

IMAG2664.jpg

IMAG2582_1.jpg