Deadguy

Two more?!?!?!?!?

Deadguy

In case any of you were wondering what a B80 with 23x10.5 Carlisle ags with wheel weights looks like, this is it!  I am thinking tri-ribs for the front....

IMG_0710.JPG

IMG_0713.JPG

Edited by Deadguy
  • Like 2

Deadguy

The Charger has been put to work too!

IMG_0715.JPG

• Like 2

Deadguy

Still going through the Charger one bit at a time.  Today I installed the new choke and throttle cables, and went through the dash electrics.  What do you know, the cigarette lighter socket does work after all!  I have never seen a tractor with one of these before.  

IMG_0748.JPG

• Like 5

WHX??

Lemme guess and you don't even  smoke?!?!... Well they do come in handy for charging cell phones, cameras and the once in  awhile hand spot light for looking for that errant hitch pin you do not  want to find with the mower!

• Like 3

PeacemakerJack

:text-yeahthat: Jim--Sounds like the voice of experience right there!:ychain:

Glad you got those old horses up and running and pushed into service.  Looking forward to watching the progress on that Charger especially:handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 3

Deadguy
9 hours ago, WHX9 said:

Lemme guess and you don't even  smoke?!?!... Well they do come in handy for charging cell phones, cameras and the once in  awhile hand spot light for looking for that errant hitch pin you do not  want to find with the mower!

That must be why Wheel Horse named this model the Charger:D

• Like 5

PeacemakerJack

@Deadguy that's funny right there!:ROTF:

• Like 1

Sarge

Whole different era and way of thinking - still have the original lighter in my 1277 - and it works as well .

Many modern chargers won't work in the old style cigarette sockets , they are designed for today's "charging outlets" instead .

Sarge

• Like 1

Deadguy
On 12/27/2016 at 0:29 AM, PeacemakerJack said:

:text-yeahthat: Jim--Sounds like the voice of experience right there!:ychain:

Glad you got those old horses up and running and pushed into service.  Looking forward to watching the progress on that Charger especially:handgestures-thumbupright:

The Charger now has lights!

IMG_0757.JPG

• Like 3

PeacemakerJack

Awesome!  Are you familiar with the classic John Carpenter movie "Christine"?  That picture looks just like the vintage moment where Arnie realizes that Christine (a possessed 1958 Plymouth Fury) can heal herself. He says, "show me" and she puts herself together and the high beams come on...classic!

• Like 2

Deadguy
1 minute ago, PeacemakerJack said:

Awesome!  Are you familiar with the classic John Carpenter movie "Christine"?  That picture looks just like the vintage moment where Arnie realizes that Christine (a possessed 1958 Plymouth Fury) can heal herself. He says, "show me" and she puts herself together and the high beams come on...classic!

You know, I did not even think of that when I took the picture, but now that you mention it, it sure does remind me of that too!

• Like 2

TDF5G
17 hours ago, PeacemakerJack said:

That's a cool movie.

Deadguy

Here is the progress on the 16hp B80 (B160?).  It is now set up for its intended job, woods and trail maintenance. It now has Deestone tri ribs on the front, and loaded 23x10.5 Carlisle ags with 50 lb weights on the rear.  Also has 2500 lb winch, light bar, machete, log skidding chains (in the underseat tool box), and rear cargo carrier with 14" and 20" chainsaws, splitting maul, two cycle fuel, and bar and chain oil. Now it just needs a backup light and it should be done.  Oh, and perhaps a shovel and hatchet too.

IMG_0758.JPG

IMG_0760.JPG

IMG_0761.JPG

IMG_0762.JPG

IMG_0763.JPG

IMG_0764.JPG

• Like 4

TDF5G

I like your hitch carrier.  That would be real handy.

:handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 2

Sarge

Mad Max looking , like it ....

Sarge

• Like 2

PeacemakerJack

Boy @Deadguy your tractors are getting some of the great movie car comparisons!  Gotta love it...

• Like 1

Deadguy
1 hour ago, Sarge said:

Mad Max looking , like it ....

Sarge

Now it just needs a big supercharger sticking through the hood!

• Like 2

Sarge

That could be arranged....lol .

There's an obscure guy over in England or somewhere that builds miniature blowers for small engines but can't find his site right now - that would be awesome ..

Sarge

• Like 1

Deadguy
1 hour ago, Sarge said:

That could be arranged....lol .

There's an obscure guy over in England or somewhere that builds miniature blowers for small engines but can't find his site right now - that would be awesome ..

Sarge

I am sure paying for a custom made blower shipped from England would be awesome too!  I wonder what the fuel consumption of a blown K341 would be...

Sarge

Not a whole lot , from what I understand trying to keep a connecting rod in any of the single cylinder engines is tough when running a blower or turbo - some of the Kart nuts are running some wild turbo setups on the 5hp size engine classes - with some interesting explosions to boot . There are a lot of builds out there including some OEM stuff as this isn't any sort of a "new idea" when it comes to gearheads . If you don't mind going blind , read up on Kart engine mods with turbo and supercharger systems....or this page -

http://www.elsberg-tuning.dk/supercharging.html

There are some truly sadistic nuts out there , guess I do fit into that crowd ...

Sarge

Deadguy
47 minutes ago, Sarge said:

Not a whole lot , from what I understand trying to keep a connecting rod in any of the single cylinder engines is tough when running a blower or turbo - some of the Kart nuts are running some wild turbo setups on the 5hp size engine classes - with some interesting explosions to boot ....

There are some truly sadistic nuts out there , guess I do fit into that crowd ...

Sarge

Yeah, I think I will do what I can to keep my connecting rod! Who has ever said that their K341 was lacking power anyway?