T-Mo

Get Your Snow Equipment Ready

rjg854

I'm about as ready as I can be

20161204_125529-1.jpg

• Like 5

Lane Ranger

The 1975  B-80 with 42 inch snowplow and the 1967 Lawn Ranger with the 32 inch snowblower are ready for the workout to come this winter!

005.JPG

004.JPG

006.JPG

004.JPG

• Like 6

elcamino/wheelhorse
17 hours ago, WHX9 said:

Don't feel to bad Jeff ain't had time to mess with my new to me  2 stg....did get the single and  this new to me cab on tho!

20161203_163136.jpg

Will let you know when I need that anti sway bracket 

I like the barrel stove in the back of your shop. How many barrels have you used up ?

• Like 2

PeacemakerJack

:ROTF:

how much front end weight do you think you'll need to counterbalance that???

WHX??

Good one factory Dog!! :handgestures-thumbupright:

16 hours ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

I like the barrel stove in the back of your shop. How many barrels have you used up ?

Not a barrel stove EL Cam but does look like one.... actually a commercially made stove made in a small town here in WI. Don't know if they still in business. Kinda like a barrel within a barrel.  I got it years ago in a tear out and other than a few grates been really good. Wouldn't be a good pic but I can work out there in my skivvies when it's -10 out! :lol:

Did get a little snow this weekend to try it out! Gotta do something (extend) with the chute crank tho...real PITA reaching through the zippered opening and when its lifted dang near rips the clear plastic below it and impossible to turn. Would like to convert it to a tall shoot with the left side worm gear. as the cable thing jams up and not good in the slushy stuff. Anyone who has a short chute knows what I am sayin! Not going to do too much with it as I have a two stage that is eventually going on.

20161204_104314[1].jpg

20161204_104736[1].jpg

Have to go check out @JERSEYHAWG / Glenn 's thread on lighting as well!

• Like 4

WVHillbilly520H

Glenn, the newer tall chute single  has the chute worm gear on the right side (sitting on the tractor) and I made a crank extension for the single and now use it on the 2stage for getting it back inside the cab,Jeff.

IMAG0437.jpg

IMAG1704.jpg

• Like 2

WHX??

Thanks for clearing that up abit Billie.... if we ever get Glenn a cab he willl get it!!!

Oh and sorry @DougC that was your thread...lets just crap on Glenn cause he ain't got a cab!!!! :blink:

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn
5 hours ago, WHX9 said:

Thanks for clearing that up abit Billie.... if we ever get Glenn a cab he willl get it!!!

Oh and sorry @DougC that was your thread...lets just crap on Glenn cause he ain't got a cab!!!! :blink:

Jim, thats kind of a smart a$$ comment you made , heres a real set up,   *** for tat bro, my new rig. guess you missed the pics. So just for you. Now whos crappin on who, :lol:

Glenn

20161126_205534.jpg

20161128_150106.jpg

20161128_161807.jpg

20161128_150205.jpg

20161128_150120.jpg

Edited by JERSEYHAWG / Glenn
cause I have manners
  • Like 9

WHX??

Holy Schmidt  Glenn I did miss that one.... Now that's a real setup!! :handgestures-thumbupright::handgestures-thumbupright::handgestures-thumbupright:

PeacemakerJack

Glenn can you run that without weights or chains?  I wouldn't have a prayer with mine without out those two items.  I'd pretty much just sit there and spin...:auto-swerve:

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn
2 hours ago, PeacemakerJack said:

Glenn can you run that without weights or chains?  I wouldn't have a prayer with mine without out those two items.  I'd pretty much just sit there and spin...:auto-swerve:

I have not used it yet, I am just setting it up for the first time. I just put the wheel weights on tonight. I am having Tom make a hitch for me to ad more weight. The chains will be the last to go on. The past 4 years I always needed weights and chains on my other wheel horse snowblower setups.  You just happened to see the pictures with the tractor not done yet, also I am doing the cab lights tomorrow. It is a BEAST. Cant wait to try it.

Glenn

20161206_181240.jpg

Edited by JERSEYHAWG / Glenn
  • Like 4

RMCIII

Glenn did a mix-n-match. IH red and black, except it's New Holland/Ford black.

RMC

• Like 2

PeacemakerJack

Glenn that is one sharp

looking setup! I can wait to see some pics and video of that thing in action.  I know that I really was impressed with mine even though I only got to use it a couple of times last winter.  The only thing I need is a cab!!!! Of course if I get one setup, I'll want to stay in there all day and clear the neighborhood!  I like the look with the black attachment...

• Like 3

WHX??
8 hours ago, JERSEYHAWG / Glenn said:

The chains will be the last to go on.

Good Idea...looks like you just had your drive way seal coated and they will leave marks if not careful. Keep us posted on those lights as I need to upgrade mine to leds. The ones I have sink the voltmeter too much & the ones on the front are useless when the blower is raised.

• Like 2

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn
7 hours ago, WHX9 said:

Good Idea...looks like you just had your drive way seal coated and they will leave marks if not careful. Keep us posted on those lights as I need to upgrade mine to leds. The ones I have sink the voltmeter too much & the ones on the front are useless when the blower is raised.

Here are the lights installed on the cab. If you go to the electric section where I started the cab Light thread you can read on these, inexpensive, 18 watts, 1800 lumens low profile led.

Glenn

20161207_142043.thumb.jpg.e61f6b63c70420a2eff52de719470a01.jpg

20161207_142107.thumb.jpg.dbca3bdabb366bc7769270e5f56ffa55.jpg

20161207_142136.thumb.jpg.59a8a47ccbaf41dd3698d2527d33ab38.jpg

• Like 4

PeacemakerJack

I'm a big fan of LED lighting in general but to me it seems that it really finds a home on GT applications.  If good LED's are used, they are very bright and a great source of light but unlike their incandescent or halogen counterparts they reduce the draw on the electrical system greatly.  I put those VLEDS headlight bulbs in my 523 and I don't regret it for a minute.  Whenever I do get a cab set up that is definitely what will go on there like you did Glenn.  Good call!  I also like how streamlined those lights look.  

• Like 1

Fun Engineer
16 hours ago, JERSEYHAWG / Glenn said:

Here are the lights installed on the cab. If you go to the electric section where I started the cab Light thread you can read on these, inexpensive, 18 watts, 1800 lumens low profile led.

Is that an Original Cab Company cab Glenn? If so, your going to love it. I have one on my JD X530. 

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn
1 hour ago, Fun Engineer said:

Is that an Original Cab Company cab Glenn? If so, your going to love it. I have one on my JD X530. 

Hey Dave, it came off a GT22 new holland with the 2 stage, I am guessing but it has to be a Original Cab Company product. It sure has all the earmarks of one. Thanks.

Glenn

Fun Engineer
1 hour ago, JERSEYHAWG / Glenn said:

Hey Dave, it came off a GT22 new holland with the 2 stage, I am guessing but it has to be a Original Cab Company product. It sure has all the earmarks of one. Thanks.

Yes it does.  Don't mean to hijack your post just want to offer you some more information  

I posted some info and link to my cab modifications on your post in the electrical section. Here's a picture of my setup. You will have more than enough light. Original tractor lighting is disconnected .  I also have a small 18 W on the rear that is connected to my reverse switch.  Only comes on when I push on the reverse peddle. Also included a picture of my control panel.  Let me know if you want details. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by Fun Engineer
  • Like 5

AMC RULES

:rolleyes: What's on first? :scratchead:

• Like 2

Fun Engineer
1 hour ago, AMC RULES said:

:rolleyes: What's on first? :scratchead:

Nothing yet😉

• Like 2

Terry M

Dave, Nice set-up for the electrical "switch box"...I think the wig-wags would be pretty cool to have.. :handgestures-thumbupright:  Maybe a video someday ??

• Like 2

Fun Engineer
1 hour ago, Terry M said:

Dave, Nice set-up for the electrical "switch box"...I think the wig-wags would be pretty cool to have.. :handgestures-thumbupright:  Maybe a video someday ??

It's snowing here today and tomorrow so I'll head out tonight when it's dark and shoot some video. 

Replacing a head gasket today on the 603 and modifing the choke. 

Edited by Fun Engineer
  • Like 3