WVHillbilly520H

Kioti CK20

pacer

TOOOOO cool!! nice going!!

• Like 1

857 horse

To cool for me......bring on the Snow....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Nice job on that, but you always do nice work.

Glenn

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H

It's been almost a year since I posted this and dad nor I ever really used it to push any snow, just didn't get enough of the white stuff last year, so with that being said I really wanted to go all hydraulic for this machine and patience has prevailed I finally found what I really wanted locally and at real good price $400 for a John Deere model 390 going for over $1500 on :techie-ebay:right now(don't go all fussy it ain't green :laughing-rofl:) full hydraulic front dozer blade that I'm going make fit and function on this little orange beast, keep a watch for more pics as get this installed and functioning, Jeff.

Screenshot_20171101-092724.png

Screenshot_20171101-092756.png

• Like 4
  • Excellent 1

Pullstart

I imagine that long frame and the parallel A frame will be a great addition... not knowing how much of that you'll keep I guess.

WVHillbilly520H
1 hour ago, pullstart said:

I imagine that long frame and the parallel A frame will be a great addition... not knowing how much of that you'll keep I guess.

Going to try and adapt the whole system as pictured, they were originally designed for the 770,870 ect series JD compact tractors so it "should" be a straight forward swap with some fabracation for the mounting brackets.

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H

Made a little progress on my new snow plow adaptation/mounting shouldn't be to bad to fab up some sub-frame mounting brackets that will work/function like it was made for it, this thing is built like a take sub-frame is all 1/2" thick with 1.125" pins (manual says 725lbs for the whole assembly), definitely needs new hoses and quick couplers to fit the Kioti, any help from the hydraulic gurus would be greatly appreciated, there's an aluminum block bolted to the blade sub-frame that the hose go through to the dual angle cylinders what's its purpose? (I'll get a pic of it up later if it helps or same as 1st screenshot) ...(refer to pics above and last 2 screenshots)also the angle cylinders only have one fitting/hose is this what they call single acting? and also one is extended the other retracted and after pulling the old hoses I still can't get them to move/budge is this OK or a problem? The lift cylinder has two fittings/hoses double acting? but with hoses removed it moves freely with minimal effort again OK or a problem, thanks Jeff.

IMAG3736.jpg

IMAG3737.jpg

Screenshot_20171105-104735.png

Screenshot_20171105-110216.png

Screenshot_20171105-110350.png

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H

Just got back from WV getting a little closer to having this blade mounted and working, JD did use heavy materials for this frame and blade, made the rear brackets first so I could mock in place and figure out what to do for the front, had all 3 cylinders rebuilt, cleaned all the pivot and cylinder pins of rust, measured for hoses to order from surplus center and a few adapters JD did some weird sizing 1/4" hoses with 1/4" on the cylinder ends but 3/8" on the cushion valve and quick disconnects here's a few pics so far, Jeff.

IMAG3843.jpg

IMAG3844.jpg

IMAG3845.jpg

IMAG3846.jpg

IMAG3847.jpg

IMAG3848.jpg

IMAG3849.jpg

IMAG3850.jpg

IMAG3851.jpg

• Like 2

WVHillbilly520H

Making more progress with the rear mounts figured out I got the fronts fabbed out, the biggest slow down is the fact the tractor is in WV without many of needed cut off, drilling and welding tools needed and having to bring it all back to VA to do the necessary big drilling/cutting/welding, the frame is 5/8" thick with 1/2" reinforcing and the moldboard is 3/8" thick,  anyways once I get the front mounts welded up and bolted on its getting the hoses and fittings and hopefully I'll get some pictures/videos of it in action, Jeff.

IMAG3855.jpg

IMAG3860.jpg

IMAG3861.jpg

IMAG3862.jpg

IMAG3863.jpg

IMAG3864.jpg

• Like 4

WVHillbilly520H

I got the front brackets welded together yesterday ,the hoses and extra fittings ordered, once they show up I'll get it mounted up and hopefully working with pics and videos to follow, Jeff.

• Like 2

WVHillbilly520H

After nearly 70° yesterday, today in WV was hovering between 15-20° as I removed the FEL and actually got the 4 way hydraulic blade installed,plumbed and mostly working (up/down works great as well as angle left but angle right is slow to not at all, might be the cushion block/valve between the single acting cylinders, as ALL cylinders were rebuilt by a reputable shop), so here's the finished product till I get that last little snag taken care of, pics and a couple videos, Jeff.

IMAG3969.jpg

IMAG3972.jpg

IMAG3973.jpg

IMAG3975.jpg

IMAG3978.jpg

IMAG3980.jpg

IMAG3981.jpg

IMAG3985.jpg

VIDEO0061.mp4

VIDEO0062.mp4

• Like 4
  • Excellent 3

Sparky

Very impressive! Picks the front end right up!

I really like how high the blade lifts. I sometimes wish my WH blade would lift a bit higher but of course I'm limited by the front axle.

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H
1 hour ago, Sparky said:

Very impressive! Picks the front end right up!

I really like how high the blade lifts. I sometimes wish my WH blade would lift a bit higher but of course I'm limited by the front axle.

Thank you sir, I was raised on cub Cadet and the way they mounted the blade is similar to this where they pivoted under the grill shell and would lift 8"+ compared to our  :wh: design which attaches rather quickly/easy and actually gives a traction boost by applying the load to the rear axle, now that I have conquered this I'm thinking of a way to do one similar on a WH, sub frame mounted to mid and front attach-a-matics they plumb into the hydro with separate control valves think old JD 3/400 series ect, Jeff.

Screenshot_20180114-122534.png

Screenshot_20180109-190515.png

Screenshot_20180109-190457.png

WVHillbilly520H

More updates and pictures, made it to WV today to figure out why the blade wouldn't angle one direction my first thought was maybe one of the rebuilt was cylinders hanging up second thought the "cushion valve" was bad so first thing today I pulled the hoses and cushion valve and replaced with hard piping and tried it out, this time it worked flawlessly so yep the cushion block/valve wasn't letting fluid to the left cylinder, going to try to get the hydraulic shop to test and hopefully repair as JD wants nearly $600 for a replacement no rebuild parts, or go with a different unit from Surplus Center :think:, @pullstart here's the latest all mounted up used the full frame and fabbed a couple brackets, Jeff.

VIDEO0063.mp4

IMAG4048.jpg

IMAG4049.jpg

IMAG4050.jpg

IMAG4051.jpg

IMAG4052.jpg

• Like 1
  • Excellent 3

WVHillbilly520H

I took the aluminum cushion valve to another another hydraulic shop to see what was wrong with it and if it could be repaired and it was a simple fix thank goodness, so as soon as I get some more swivels it will be going back on, the blade is wider than the tractor straight but at full angle I believe snow will fall back into/under the tires so I'm making some "cheap" extension wings just for snow duty, I cut down a 55 gallon steel drum today and trial fit till I get some flat bar or angle iron for bracing, once I get everything done and it warm up for good I'll pull it all off and paint it all dark gray matching the tractor frame color, Jeff.

IMAG4173.jpg

IMAG4175.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

WVHillbilly520H

i have an update on the front blade, of course the snow storm last Wednesday mom said about a foot of wet heavy snow there so while i was on the phone with her i asked if she would take a few pics/vids of dad moving snow on Thursday with the Kioti, so today i had to take him for an eye appointment and i got them downloaded to the laptop, he also had the 1450 Cub Cadet out with the single stage Wednesday of the snowfall, not to bad for an 80 year old man huh?... enjoy Jeff.

MVI_0512.MOV

IMG_0494.JPG

IMG_0495.JPG

IMG_0497.JPG

IMG_0507.JPG

IMG_0508.JPG

IMG_0509.JPG

IMG_0510.JPG

IMG_0484.JPG

IMG_0482.JPG

IMG_0483.JPG

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Thanks 1

elcamino/wheelhorse

I hope I can get out about when I become his age.

• Like 1

1995 520H+96+97

:text-yeahthat:

• Thanks 1