Rhondalea

Model 104107 - fixing and selling - need advice

Rhondalea

We are needing some advice! We have a model 104107 and do not know the year. From what I have found, it's early 70's, I think. We've been doing a lot of work on it (decals, paint, new battery-starter-fuel pump-3pc set of blades). The muffler is almost new. It's a beauty! We also have 2 look-like-new attachments: snow plow and grader. Ok....so that is what we have.....and it's all set to go to someone who will appreciate the power and the awesomeness of this machine. We want to get this listed (Locally? Across the States? Ideas?) and sold before the snow flies here in Iowa. So I'm asking for knowledge on what year this is, what y feel the complete package should sell for, and suggestions on placing an ad. I have more photos, if needed. Thanks much!!!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 5

953 nut

:WRS:    1-0140 is the model number for a '72 Charger 10 Automatic. That appears to be what you have. As to value, hard to say, I don't know how strong the demand is in your area. You could list it on this site in Classifieds and ask whatever you think it is worth and be open to offers.

• Like 1

jellyghost

I am not a serious collector (or a marketing expert), but I follow the CL listings in Missouri, Iowa, Nebraska, and Kansas.  That is a really nice setup, and I am curious about how much you want to ask.  I see similar setups listed in the 1200-1500 range, and I think they look reasonably priced.  I have also seen a very nice restored Wheel Horse with lots of attachments listed for over 2k, but the seller has been walking the price down over time.

In my opinion, I don't think your market is collectors.  Your market is the guy getting ready to drop $1800 on a box store riding mower without attachments.  You just need to persuade him how much more awesome it would be to own this!  I would consider putting it on a trailer with a for sale sign and showing it off.

• Like 2

KC9KAS

@Rhondalea :WRS:

Nice looking tractor and attachments. The mid mount grader often sells for $200-$300. The snow/dirt plows go for $100-$150.

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• BrianKoch
      By BrianKoch
      Gentlemen,

I’m looking for grader blade model 7-1112 for my ‘68/‘69 Charger 12. 

Thank you
    • jebeli
      By jebeli
      Lets make a deal. The whole collection for $3000 or one tractor and half the items listed below for $1500. 
      I am moving to town so am willing to do a partial trade for a wheelhorse more approproiate for a suburban lot- lawn ranger, surburban models, bcs walking tractor, other?
      I could possibly deliver or meet half-way or ship.

Both tractors run great and are in good working order. Second owner of both machines. I work with these machines everyday so they are not perfect but are, in my opinion, in excellent shape.
      42in high-shoot snow blower
      42 in rear discharge deck
      Snow blade
      Front mount deck hanger with 42in side discharge deck
      30in lawn seeder
      Brinly single bottom plow with cleavis or sleeve hitch
      50in grader blade
      Extra transmission
      36in rear tiller - leaks a little
      Full set of tire chains for each tractor
      Various body pieces
      7.5 cubic ft pull behind cart - may need tires
      Extra set of rims
      All required belts, pullys, brackets, manuals, too much to list. 

• LengerichKA88
      By LengerichKA88
      We have a Charger 10 that I’ve had on here and gotten help with, but I’d never really looked at the ID Tag. 
      Today while looking around it I took note of the model number, so as to help with narrowing down parts in the future. The model number listed on the tag is 1-7931. 

After a google search, “1-7931” returns as a Charger 9. Would this be a case of using left over tags, or possibly an error?  The tractor has an HH100, and is badged as a Charger 10, but from the Charger 9 manual I found, I couldn’t find an engine model number listed, just “9hp”. 

Picture of the tag is included.

• LengerichKA88
      By LengerichKA88
      I liked, but didn’t find an applicable thread, so I made a new post. 

We got a 69 Charger 10 last Friday. The brakes don’t really stop it, kinda slows it to an idle speed. Still too fast for the brakes to be engaged. FIL did some reading and it’s apparently the gears that stop the tractor, so now we’re looking at servicing and possible actually doing work on the trans. That’s fine, not a problem, figured we’d get into this eventually, so with the one known issue at hand, how would/have you gone about tackling this trans? 
      Trying to get voices of experience that might be able to save us a headache or two lol. TIA! 
    • Builderchris
      By Builderchris
      I need some help. I just purchased 3 garden tractors, plus implements, from a guy on Craigslist and I'm having difficulty identifying one of them. It looks to me like it's a C100, but honestly for all I know it could be a Raider10 or a charger10 just as easily. I'm really not sure. The tag under the dashboard reads, Model T10, Serial # 329650. When I googled Wheel Horse T10 I got nothing. Can one of you great Wheel Horse guru's help me out?

Thanks 
      Chris