Bigpat5123

Tall chute conversion

moe1965

L99ks like you are ready .   I did a total rebuild.  my first wheel horse project  both tractor and blower here in North East Ohio .    bring it on20160925_163957.jpg

• Like 3

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Pat, good deal.

And Moe, nice clean job.

Glenn

lynnmor

The tall chute can be hard on the plastic retainers, you might want to have a few spares on hand.

Bigpat5123
4 minutes ago, lynnmor said:

The tall chute can be hard on the plastic retainers, you might want to have a few spares on hand.

Yes I noticed there was too much play at the connection. I can't imagine wearing through a set of retainers in a season but will definitely see how they look in the spring. I will keep the old ones as backups for now.

lynnmor

It's not the wear, they will break easily.  If the tall chute contacts a snow drift, there is a lot of leverage.

Bigpat5123
23 minutes ago, lynnmor said:

It's not the wear, they will break easily.  If the tall chute contacts a snow drift, there is a lot of leverage.

10-4. I was thinking that the retainers will eventually wear being the softer material of the two contact surfaces for the chute to base connection. Thanks for the advice.

peter lena

hello big pat , I too have a 36/42 short chute  rebuilt blower that I want to convert to tall chute. looking for possible leads or ideas. I would even look toward having a mid chute set up, obviously made from a series of parts. I am a retired millwright , so any reply could change my course. almost anything I have  has not been tweaked , not concerned about staying stock  w/h . thank you for a reply , pete 

Bigpat5123

Pete, unless you have a donor blower it is hard to upgrade. I made a custom chute that worked quite well that I would sell. It has everything you need to attach to your short chute and can be modified however you want. Here is a picture for reference. Let me know.

blower chute 1.jpg

blower chute 2.jpg

Sarge

As a retired Millwright - I'm sure with some drawings of both model blowers you could fabricate the parts needed for the conversion - given access to the tools needed. Biggest difference in those models was the addition of a bolt-on cutting edge designed into the housing's bottom - that housing is quite a bit stiffer, too. Being able to replace the area that scrapes the ground was the way all of them should have been built. I think there were also some changes done to the auger design itself - not dead sure on that one but they do throw the material a lot more efficiently. Most folks here upgrade all the various single stage models with rubber paddles or added metal to minimize the clearance between the paddle section and the housing - makes a huge difference. I have an older and smaller model box blower - rubber paddles on it gave it around a 40'+ throwing distance, much better than stock and less prone to plugging it up with wetter material.

Sarge

Bigpat5123

Sarge, The biggest difference and advantage to the tall chute was the chute assembly which includes the rotation mechanism. The new tall chute blowers have a worm gear and teeth on the bottom of the chute. This is a much different setup than the old cable style. This part is not so easily reproduced. Of course something else could be used to make rotation better if you have the time, materials and expertise. Good Luck and have fun!

peter lena

hello pat , and thank you for the fast reply, yes I am interested at what cost?. part of my detailing was adding gravely blower swivel wheels on the blower, much better rolling and steering. also detailed the chain drive idler drive ,along with Kevlar drive belt. use lubriplate chain and cable spray on drive , the cranking speed is very solid and smooth. added  conveyor belt material to center auger blade tip  for faster pick up, better with sloppy snow. let me know about the chute price , thank you pete

Bigpat5123

Pete, I would sell you the chute and whatever other accessories I have laying around but I would have to see what shipping would be. If you PM me your zip code I can give you a delivered price. Let me know.

peter lena
53 minutes ago, Bigpat5123 said:

Pete, I would sell you the chute and whatever other accessories I have laying around but I would have to see what shipping would be. If yo

Pete, I would sell you the chute and whatever other accessories I have laying around but I would have to see what shipping would be. If you PM me your zip code I can give you a delivered price. Let me know.

u PM me your zip code I can give you a delivered price. Let me know.

51 minutes ago, Bigpat5123 said:

peter lena

pat , my zip code is  06339 in conn,  my email is  retired1946@att.net

gwest_ca

I have never seen one but appears some of the Toro walking snowthrowers are another option for a tall chute

Garry

Sarge

This kit is interesting, looks like the cost for the 26-1110 kit is just over $100 - look into the compatibility list for tractors , goes all the way back to the 300 series , 44" 2-stage throwers and even the Xi series equipment.

https://www.ereplacementparts.com/chuteextender-p-689990.html

5a8ce03985f5c_Screenshot-2018-2-20Chute-Extender26-1110-01forToroLawnEquipmenteReplacementParts.png.9243d344457145903e059e5d29d922ac.png

Sarge

peter lena

hello pat , this is pete , you can send me a reply on cost and shipping to my email , retired1946@att.net  thank you for a reply, pete.