clueless

Brake band adj?

clueless

Put a NOS brake band on the B80 the old one was shot. Bought the new one from a local dealer going out of business a few years ago. Put the new one on got the nut turned all the way up, the pedal still goes way down before the band catches, not like my 312 and 416, did I do something wrong?

Coadster32

Perhaps a few washers/spacers above the nut might get you in the ballpark of where you'd like to be.

• Like 2

WHX??

:text-yeahthat:Most of mine are rigged that way ...never could quite figure out why one has to do that....they didn't leave the factory that way.

• Like 1

Don1977

It the nut is run all the way up on most 8 speed Wheel Horses the parking brake won't work.

• Like 2

pfrederi

In 49 years neither my Father nor i could ever get the parking brake on my L107 to work.  If you set it so it would hold it was darn near impossible to get it to engage,, easy to engage it wouldn't hold... real men don't need no stinking brakes:P

• Like 1

R. L. Addison

Try some Bellville washers. I have not done that yet, but they do a fantastic job in many industrial applications (forge press brakes & many more where they take a beating). They can be set up in various configurations for flexability.