WVHillbilly520H

New to me 520xi

WHX??

Nice score Jeff..... Nothin like having 60 in "trim mower"!!!!

• Like 2

WVHillbilly520H

Jim, I meant the 60" deck on the Dxi for mowing the biggest part of the property then the 48" deck on this one for trimming, but hey you never know,Jeff.

• Like 2

Wishin4a416

Good score. I like those machines. I had a hook in one but the deal fell through. :(  Good Luck!!

• Like 1

ACman

Jeff...You are the 520 guy :handgestures-thumbupright: another good score ! Can't wait to get mine up and running . With this mornings temps at 25 degrees that white stuff isn't to far away :wacko: . Let's hope your Dxi works with a new pump . Those are good engines , Allis Chalmers , Simplicity , Massey Ferguson all used that diesel (you probably already know that) with great success . An AC5020 fwd is one of my bucket lists tractors.

• Like 1

DougC

Congratulations on the find and successful negotiations. A long drive, but well worth it for that tractor!   :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

Wishin4a416

Looks like you had a frost last night. We did too. 23 this morning.

• Like 1

Forest Road

I have 1100 hours on one w a loader. You'll be fine! Looks like a great find. Good luck !!

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H

Thanks guys and yes frost on several occasions lately, so now it's time to invest in a real horse barn for the ever growing herd come spring.

• Like 4

PeacemakerJack

That is a great find! I have a little over 14 months of seat time on my wife's Dxi and I love it. It has the 60" deck with Gator blades and the super awesome 45" two stage monster blower.  I think the xi series was one of the most invisible and underrated of all wheel horse tractor lines and that is good for Any of us wanting to buy one today! Based on my experience, I wouldn't hesitate to suggest one for regular hard working duty.  Keep us posted...

• Like 2

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Jeff, BIG CONGRATS, NOW your moving up in the world. Can't wait to hear your feedback on that bad boy.

Glenn

• Like 1

WVHillbilly520H

It's kinda funny back in '98 when I bought the 520H Anniversary my dealer had just gotten his first shipment of xi's in and I was looking at those too, but at the time he suggested I get the classic for a couple reasons 1)price/discount 2)availability of used implements 3) tried and true reliability, instead of just making a sale of new tractor and implements he was trying to help me save some $ and keep in my budget at the time, maybe I should've bought an xi back then but I've been pleased with my 520H since new, and I guess if had $5900 I know where that N.O.S. 522xi with 12 demonstrator hours is still sitting waiting for a home,Jeff.

IMAG1747.jpg

IMAG1742.jpg

Edited by WVHillbilly520H
  • Like 5

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

I have a 522xi with about 225hrs on the clock. I am not home to check. But thats getting ready for my 2 stage and cab. cant wait, the power steering, tilt wheel, cruise. Its like being in a Caddy. lol

Glenn

• Like 4

WVHillbilly520H

Well today I got it off the trailer and got about half hour of seat time mowing the wild onion tops off and mulching some leaves, very quite compared to the ONANS but still tractor like, seems like a little tighter turning radius than the 520Hs even without power assisted steering still easy enough even with that 60" deck, now 18+ years of column/handle shifts that foot pedal is a bit odd to me but doable (learning curve) all in all I'm pretty happy with it and more eager to get that diesel running,Jeff.

• Like 3

WVHillbilly520H

This evening I mulched up leaves and clipped the tops off more wild onions on about an acre, I believe the hydro linkage needs adjusted its a bit "jerky" and to me doesn't reach "top" speed forward,and gas gauge is about 50/50 works but not accurate, battery light stays on, and oil temp gauge didn't seem to move after 45 minutes to an hour, all minor issues I suppose, this one mows in reverse without a key switch under the seat, cruise control works and that 60" deck does shorten up time spent vs my other 48" decks,Jeff.

• Like 2

fatboycowen

The battery light stays on, on mine too. Still charges. I haven't had to put a charger on it in the 2.5 years I've had it. It does turn off after a long period of use.... Not sure why.

• Like 1

doc724

My battery charge light also stays on.  Like Fatboy, mine still charges.  I have been looking high and low for the OEM who made this sensor without success.  Toro price is ridiculous for the replacement.  Just take out the bulb.

• Like 2

WVHillbilly520H

I wonder if it's from using a lower Amperage rating than factory spec, like 280CCA which is in my 520xi vs the 350CCA I run on the Onan powered 520H's? ,Jeff.