FrKsHwZ

Front Blade for?

FrKsHwZ

I was sent this photo via an inquiry about this blade, it was said to come off a WheelHorse but he wasn't sure what kind it was.  There's no identification numbers on it per seller.  I never seen one in person but this thing looks very tall. 

IMG_1363.JPG

DennisThornton

More will chime in but I think it's safe to say you have the most popular style that would fit the most C, 300, 400 and 500s.  Very useful attachment!

• Like 1

FrKsHwZ

I see that it's missing some parts, isn't there suppose to be an adapter for rear axle?  The guy is asking for an offer, but then again I don't think it will fit a Charger 12? If I can get it cheap enough, I might get it anyways.

WVHillbilly520H

Yep it's definitely a :wh: plow/blade and it has both set of holes at the rear (for a 3/4" diameter rod that hitches into the quick hitch)for short or long frame tractors,Jeff.

IMAG2549.jpg

Edited by WVHillbilly520H
  • Like 1

FrKsHwZ

Thanks Dennis & Jeff..! What do they go for, What's a fair offer on this, I checked eBay and there's a range of prices. Thanks

Last year I bought two a 54 inch and a 48 inch for $100.00 each.and they where complete

• Like 1

KC9KAS

The rear hitch set-up for the blade will cost you $30 +/-, so keep that in mind if that plow is missing the hitch.

WVHillbilly520H

Around here in VA they start at $150+ and usually the rear quick hitch isn't included then another $50 for that or if your good at metal fab just materials and sweat labor, BTW the older actual WHEEL HORSE plows are heavier better built than the newer TORO ones just my :twocents-02cents:,Jeff.

RedRanger

Indiana = $100 for the blade and another $40 for the mount.

Price is going to vary depending on location.

FrKsHwZ

Well I went to look at it in person, an 1hr drive bc I saw a Wheelhorse off in the distant of the pictures that were sent to me.  Well to come to find out she had a 1970 Raider 10, the plow was all complete, the assembly was still attached to the rear axle.  The deck and seat pain were rusted through, the other parts were in good shape but didn't run.  Apparently she just bought the house as a foreclosure and found a garden tractor underneath a tarp. 

They would like $75 for the tractor and blade, but just my luck I cannot afford anymore projects, and to get the adapter off the rear axle, I will probably need it to soak in WD40 for several days before I could try to attempt to take it off, plus being an HR away...I'm still tossing it up in the air.

WVHillbilly520H

IMHO get it, $75 for the whole pgk you can get your $ back selling just the tractor and no project but have yourself the good heavy older :wh: plow,Jeff.

FrKsHwZ

Also comes with a complete Brinly Clevis Hitch, the bolts will need to be replace but other than that it is solid like the Blade.

WVHillbilly520H

The plow and clevis hitch are definitely worth more than the asking price I would pick it up in a heartbeat,Jeff.

Edited by WVHillbilly520H

Tankman

For the price, take it all. Selling off what you don't want will get your moola +++ back. :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

FrKsHwZ

I'm going to pick it up 2morrow in the AM, will post some pics..!

• Like 1

Texas Todd

:wwp: