rwmastel

New Wheel Horse Owner

T-Mo

:text-welcomeconfetti::WRS:

Welcome.  And nice tractor.  The Kohler Commands are good engines, and the rest of the tractor, is of course, Wheel Horse, so it will last you a long, long time.

Again, welcome to Red Square and to Wheel Horse.

• Like 2

rwmastel

How do I get myself on the Member Map?  That map is the coolest thing!!!!  I'm going to see if I can get my car club(s) to use it.

Tankman

Nice, very nice, Horse!  :text-welcomeconfetti:

maxiblue

Welcome to RED SQUARE and nice horse

rwmastel

Thanks everyone.  And, I think I got myself on the map!  I posted a question about Power Flow bagger over in the attachments forum.

RedRanger

Nice tractor.  Looks very original and well taken care of.  :wh:

Daddy Don

:text-welcomeconfetti:

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Rodd, welcome aboard, and thanks for the pictures. Nice rig.    :text-welcomeconfetti:

Glenn

Upper Canada

:WRS:

I bought my first Wheel Horse just a little over a year ago. It was a 314-8 as well. That is one purchase you will not regret. Also they are addictive. I now have 5 :wh: and don't plan on stopping at 5.

• Like 3

DougC

Hello and    :text-welcomeconfetti:  to the forum!    I like your new :wh:.    :handgestures-thumbupright:

cschannuth

I have a 2000  314-8.  It is very smooth and quiet compared to my older Horses.  Congrats.

• Like 1

SylvanLakeWH

:text-welcomeconfetti:

JC 1965

:WRS:

Irv

:text-welcomeconfetti:Nice machine, you'll love it!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• OldWorkHorse
    • Rugerhound
      By Rugerhound
      Greetings everyone! 

I'm a new member to this forum and a new Wheel Horse A-100 owner.  I'd been looking for an inexpensive fixer-upper riding lawnmower to make my yardwork a little easier for an aging fellow like myself.   Snagged this A-100 for $250 that's in really decent shape for the most part.  The mower deck has some problems however, but the actual tractor is in great shape.  Doesn't look as though it was used much, and still has all the original tags on the Briggs  & Stratton stickers on the housings.  Engine sounds fine but the needle isn't shutting the fuel off properly, so it runs rough until it's revved up a bit.   The pedals have scarcely any paint worn from them.   Quite remarkable for a '77!  

So I have one of the blade shafts bound up, another that doesn't feel all that nifty.  I don't know if those bearings are sealed, or whether anyone might be able to clean 'em up and repack them for continued use.  Pulleys are in rough shape but I may be able to salvage them.    Any info on the bearings in the mower deck would be very helpful!   (Including recommended grease type, etc.)  

Also it needs a key... The Ignition switch is an INDAK 103991 which appears to cross to a Toro.   New switches are available, but does anyone know if it's possible to just purchase a replacement key?  

I'm guessing it takes typical non-detergent 30W oil...  It's a '77 model Briggs & Stratton 10 HP.  (Model 251707, code 77040412)  What fluid does the gearbox take?  

Thanks!!  

Regards,  Pete (Aka Rugerhound)
    • koalassquad
      By koalassquad
      My wheelhorse 314-8 won't charge the battery while its running, it used to but now it doesnt. The wiring is stock as it came from factory. Runs good, just have to jump/charge It every time
    • ninak
      By ninak
      Hi, I have a 314-8, 42" deck with metal deflector, electric deck lift, wheel weights, 714 hours, runs and looks great.
      I'm going to be selling and would like some help with the value, amount to list it. In looking at different sites it seems there are a wide range of list prices.
      I know this is a good machine but I'm just not familiar enough with them to know pricing. Any help is really appreciated.
      Here's a few pictures.
      Thanks!

• rwmastel
      By rwmastel
      Hi.  I just picked up my first lawn/garden tractor and it's a '99 314-8 with a 48" mower deck side discharge.  If I end up not liking the side discharge, can I fit a Power Flow to this deck/tractor combo?  This was the best pic I got of the mower ID sticker, if that helps.