fordnut

New Horse Hauler

fordnut

After 3 1/2 years of using my '00 sierra 1500 (5.3L v8, 4.10 gears, 4x4) for hauli'n it became time to trade her in due to the 3-4 clutch pack in the 4l60E deciding to go at 110k. The new hauler is a '17 Jeep JK sport with the 3.6L and 6 speed manual trans. the trailer is a carry-on 6x12.  

11850408_445177375674072_431316721_n.jpg

1024161210a.jpg

Ct0S8_9WAAAa8jh.jpg

• Like 3

857 horse

I have a 2010 silverado/.....but i do really like a jeep..................

Bottom line..............I like it,,,and thats all that really :banana-rock::banana-rock:counts !!!!!!!!! 

howard857Horse in VA

roadapples

I`m a chevy guy, but considering your handle I was expecting a ford...

• Like 1

benji756

If your 00 chevy looks as good in person as it does in the pictures and it only had 110,000 miles on it it would be well worth putting a tranny in, sharp looking truck and I like your jeep and trailer as well.

• Like 1

tunahead72

Just curious, how's the new Jeep/trailer combination working for you?  Have you had much seat time with them together yet?

fordnut

The jeep pulls the trailer with ease and a lot better than the truck did. I put a lot of work into the truck (over $7k in parts and me supplying the labor) but it had been burning a little over 3 quarts of oil in the span of 5,000 miles. When the trans decided to let go it was the straw that broke the horses back. I'm crazy about Ford trucks but the price of the new trucks and insurance on them is ridiculous for someone my age (20). The jeep fit the bill when it came to replacing the truck in regards to the options I wanted.(crank windows, manual transmission, manual transfer case, and the insurance is reasonable). It's not a truck but it's a fun little ride that can haul a horse!