Steiny

312-8

Steiny

What can be done bout throttle cable sticking when it get below freezing

1995 520H+96+97

On my 520H, the throttle cable ran down to engine mounting bolt, then up to carburetor.

I moved it to the top of the engine.:greetings-clappingyellow:

Jerry77

I had the same trouble with my 312-8 ...shot plenty of  P-B blaster down it where it goes up to the carb -did this each fall and it seemed to help ..  The blaster is great to use on electrical components too..like the light switch on door jambs etc..:twocents-02cents:

• Like 1

Hossenfeffa

Mine had the same issue the first winter I had it. The best solution is to remove the cable, take it inside where it is warm, hang it up and let it drain. I was very suprised at the amount of water that came out of that thing. Lubed it up, re-installed it, problem solved.

doc724

Don't wash your tractor in the fall :-)

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Mtndewlover
      By Mtndewlover
      Been a member for a long while but this is my first time posting. My Father has a 417-A and I believe C series (can't remember off the top of my head but it's from the early 80s) so needless to say they got me into wheel horses and I've wanted my own ever since... Fast forward 15 years later and my wife's late grandfather passed an old GT 1100 down to us. The poor thing sat in his front yard for atleast 8 years... Probably longer going off how old the zeroturn he got to replace it was 👎. Finally got around to messing with it and so far we have spark! Looks like he replaced the throttle cable with an aftermarket unit, the cable is too long and hangs up when trying to choke, my local toro dealer said it's no longer available but did give me the part #109132 I've found one website that offers it but says it's "on order" with no eta... Any suggestions? I'm also trying to find a carb kit, spraying some gogo juice in her got her going but there multiple places on the carb leaking... One of which is a bronze colored ball on the side!? Sorry for the long post and for those that stuck around thanks for reading! If you have any tips, tricks or suggestions that would be much appreciated! 

• Bach-Ed
      By Bach-Ed
      Before I re-invent the wheel, I'll ask.  I'm putting a CH270 Kohler on my 857 to replace the trashed K engine.  It appears the throttle cable needs to enter at the right side rear of the engine, instead of at the front on the K.  I know there are a multitude of brackets that would make the job relatively simple.  BUT where would I find details and where to order them from.  If push comes to shove I'll fab something but I have a feeling a "factory" bracket would  be a lot less work and need less refining.
      I know you all like photos so here are a couple.  The last one shows how I think the cable will eventually run, maybe?  Or will some kind of bell crank be the ticket?
      Ed