WheelHorseNut

Custom 1975 B80 Escutcheon Plate

KC9KAS

I bet you will be able to sell those on :rs:

ztnoo

It will/would be interesting to see how much light those LEDs put out.

Maybe a night shot after installation???   light bulb.gif  fingerscrossed.gif  camera.gif  munch.gif

They appear to be pretty compact dimension wise. btw, what are the dimensions?

They possibly could be used for lots of 12V lighting situations.

How much amperage do they draw?

WheelHorseNut
1 hour ago, KC9KAS said:

I bet you will be able to sell those on :rs:

Hah!  Maybe!  I'll have to perfect it.  This is the beta version.  I'll probably make a second one as I learned a little bit with the logo area on the first one.  The cutout part is fine but I tried to go deep with the logo and I didn't need to.  I may do it a little differently than I did this time as far as marking the logo.  That'll be version two.

1 hour ago, ztnoo said:

It will/would be interesting to see how much light those LEDs put out.

Maybe a night shot after installation???   light bulb.gif  fingerscrossed.gif  camera.gif  munch.gif

They appear to be pretty compact dimension wise. btw, what are the dimensions?

They possibly could be used for lots of 12V lighting situations.

How much amperage do they draw?

I'll definitely get you a picture of it at night.  It won't be until this weekend.

It is very compact!

It's a 2" rounded square on the face.  Depth is about 2.5"

Here are the stats on the light:

-----------------------

Waterproof: IP67 
Life Span:3000H 
CREE LED:10W CREE LED 
Voltage: 9-60V DC 
Color Temperature: 6000K 
Casting aluminum alloy housing 
Premium PMMA Lens Material 
Adjustable Stainless Steel Mounting Bracket 
Shape: Square 
Theoretical Lumens Output: 1000 LM 
Operating Lumens Output: 800LM

Current: 0.63A@ 12V,0.315A @ 24V 
Light Angle: FLOOD BEAM 
Operation temperature -45 ~ 85 

------------------
Hope that helps!

- Jeff

• Like 1

AMC RULES

:handgestures-thumbsup: Looks awesome...  

could you share the Amazon link here please? 

WheelHorseNut
4 minutes ago, AMC RULES said:

:handgestures-thumbsup: Looks awesome...  

could you share the Amazon link here please? 

Thanks!!  Definitely, Craig, here it is: Mini LED Headlights

I grabbed it from Safari in my iPad, if it doesn't work properly, I'll repost the link from my work computer.

Thanks again!

- Jeff

• Like 1

AMC RULES

No need, works perfectly...and, very nicely priced too.  :text-thankyoublue:

619O8rPysWL._SL1001_.jpg

WheelHorseNut

Great!  Yeah, I thought they were reasonable as well!  And they're bright!

AMC RULES

Can't wait for that night time pict...

:handgestures-fingerscrossed: maybe a little video too.  :handgestures-thumbsup:

WHX??

Thanks a lot Jeff ...now you got me lurking for a set of lights!! Nice to see led's are coming down in price and still have some quality. 

• Like 1

WheelHorseNut
17 hours ago, KC9KAS said:

^^^Tried to get rid of this but, for some reason the forum won't let me

@WHX8

Haha!  No problem -- glad I could help :) 

Yeah, I was happy to see that they offer protection from water and solids (IP67) - 6 = max dust and dirt rating and 7 is immersion up to 1 meter for 30 minutes, so it should be more than adequate for our tractors unless I drive it into the lake and even then... lol

Edited by WheelHorseNut

WheelHorseNut

OK, the beta version has been completed.  I'm already going to revise the way I do the logo and the red border.  It's going to be much better!

But, anyway, here's the first version.  I used the masking ability of the paper on the acrylic for paint.  I got a little giddy and wanted to see the finished product but the paint was still a little tacky.  My next version will be perfect.  I know exactly how I'm going to do it.  I'll bang out the new one tomorrow.  I'll do the redesign tonight.  Should have something to install on the tractor tomorrow!

EscutcheonBeta1.jpg

Edited by WheelHorseNut
Spelling
  • Like 6
  • Excellent 1

KC9KAS
23 hours ago, WheelHorseNut said:

Operation temperature -45 ~ 85 

Is the 85* going to be a problem that close to the muffler/heat of our GT's?

WheelHorseNut
6 minutes ago, KC9KAS said:

Is the 85* going to be a problem that close to the muffler/heat of our GT's?

I don't think it will... there's a good amount of airflow there.  I'll test it out and let you know!

AMC RULES

EscutcheonBeta1.jpg

Looks like, if you painted the black plastic white...

them LED's would virtually blend right in.  :handgestures-thumbsup:

Edited by AMC RULES

WheelHorseNut
5 hours ago, AMC RULES said:

EscutcheonBeta1.jpg

them LED's would virtually blend right in.  :handgestures-thumbsup:

You know, I may consider that... I'm gonna see what it looks like on the tractor first to see if I like it the way it is.  I agree, though, I think they would blend right in!  Grab some white plastic paint, paint 'em up.  It would almost look factory!

My new version of the logo and the border are gonna make this thing look really cool.  I'm excited to get to making it after work today.

wallfish
4 hours ago, WheelHorseNut said:

them LED's would virtually blend right in.

Or mounted to the back with only circles cut into the plate :twocents-02cents:

4 hours ago, WheelHorseNut said:

My new version of the logo and the border are gonna make this thing look really cool.  I'm excited to get to making it after work today.

Can't wait to see what you got

Hacksawhero123

I really like it. It's awesome that there is so many people with different abilities here. The sky is the limit. 

Mark. 

• Like 1

WheelHorseNut
1 hour ago, wallfish said:

Or mounted to the back with only circles cut into the plate :twocents-02cents:

Can't wait to see what you got

It's funny you say that -- that was my original intent, to be honest.  Just do the circles -- easy to do and I may make a trial out of cardboard to see what it looks like.  After I thought about it, I had the idea that the plate would help keep the lights located right where I wanted them.  There are ways to do it with just the circles but it would require just a tad more work.  I'm gonna give that a second look, though.  Thanks for keeping me not lazy :)

I'm going to get to cutting shortly!

- Jeff

46 minutes ago, Hacksawhero123 said:

I really like it. It's awesome that there is so many people with different abilities here. The sky is the limit. 

Mark. 

Thanks Mark!  It really is a great community here!

• Like 1

WheelHorseNut

Something like this...

Layout2.jpg

• Like 2
  • Excellent 1

WheelHorseNut

I have something pretty cool but I don't have time to post it yet -- gotta leave work to go out with the wife!

Tomorrow morning!

AMC RULES

:rolleyes:

WheelHorseNut

Lol... Sorry Craig!  I've been dying to get back to it to assemble the grille.  Here's the first look.  I laser cut everything -- all the parts... The horse head, the wheel, the red border, the hub and the lugs (not yet put in on the pic).  Next I have to mount the lights in the metal body of the tractor and we'll be good.  The thing is, this shiny piece is going to make my tractor look like a piece... Of you know what.  Lol.  Guess it'll have to get broken down and painted next year!

image.jpeg

• Like 5

AMC RULES

Well worth the wait.   :greetings-clapyellow:

clueless

Sir, when your done, I'm willing to take your first prototype off you hands.:rolleyes: