Hacksawhero123

It runs!!!!

953 nut

:woohoo:                    :WRS:                         It is always amazing how durable these old horses are.             :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 2

dells68

Park one of these machines from Home-Cheapo for a few years and go back and see what you'd have - nothing!!!!!!  That's why they don't make wheel horses anymore-they made machines that lasted and weren't designed to be replaced every 5 years!!! 

• Like 5

Wishin4a416

Thats good news. They do have a sound of there own.

• Like 2

ClassicTractorProfessor

Great news my 1277 sat in the weeds and leaves covering it for several years...winched it on the trailer got home put a hot battery and fresh gas to her and drove her off the trailer. Can't beat an old Kohler for durability. The C160 has always been one of my dream tractors...I've got a tractor bought soon as I can get my ducks in a row to go get it...the old man that found it for me originally bought it new in the 70s but he can't remember what model it is, secretly hoping inside that it's my dream C160 I've been looking for :). Good luck with your new tractor but beware, these horses tend to get lonely and somehow multiply 

• Like 2

Wheel-N-It

That's some serious good Wheel Horse fortune!  I hope you stay active on Res Square. We need some more members from the Lone Star State.

• Like 1

Hacksawhero123

By chance I did run across what I think was a c161 8spd buried inside the building at a local shop. Shop owners machine. The kid said he drove it in about ten years ago and hasn't moved since. Most likely for sale. It's in Baytown Texas. 

• Like 2

Retired Wrencher

:WRS:     Mark looks like good worker for you. Get it running and enjoy it. At least it is sun backed not rusted like up here.

Edited by T1257 RETIRED WRENCHER.

AMC RULES

:greetings-clapyellow:          :text-woo:

kohler one.jpg

• Like 4

pfrederi

I know a lot of people like the sound of the 16 singles at a low idle...BUT..  these are splash lubricated and Kohler recommend the idle be set at 1200 rpm which is a lot faster than you think.  Cars of that era idled at 500+/-

idle.JPG

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• PMeadows
      By PMeadows
      Thinking about selling my 1974 C-160 and hoping to get a feel for interest. It has working hydraulics, front plow, single row rear plow, 42" belly mower deck, 55lb wheel weights. Runs fantastic, no smoke. Lights work, amp meter works, has plug in cigarette lighter (doesn't work). Left rear wheel cylinder has slow leak.

• RJ Hamner
      By RJ Hamner
      The C-160 just wasn't running right. Started with new points, plug, filters. 
      I had put an aftermarket carb on it but had found a good Carter N in the correct size so I rebuilt it.
      Got it started this afternoon and had it running at about half speed to warm it up so I could make the final adjustment to the carb.
      It purred along for about 4 minutes and just quit.
      First thought was "out of gas".  Looked in the tank and sure enough it was really low so I filled it up.
      Tried to start it again .....NOTHING
      Went and rechecked everything ....NOPE
      Got out the can of starting fluid...NOPE
      Pulled the plug and noticed the gap was ZERO.  Re-gapped and tried again.  Same thing again no gap.
      Pulled the head.  Looked normal.
      When I cycled the engine I noticed that the exhaust valve didn't fully retract.
      Was able to remove the exhaust valve with two fingers!!!!!
      Guess I am in the market for a new set of keepers and a few gaskets.
      The guys at McHenry's Small Engine Love Me

• tractorman99
      By tractorman99
      Hi everyone,

I bought a wheel-horse c-160 a while back, and did some work with it.
      One day the rear axle housing broke:

I was thinking about changing the part or soldering the broken pieces.
      Does anyone know where to order this part? Or has any idea of the potential cost of a soldering job?
      Thank you in advance!

• RJ Hamner
      By RJ Hamner
      Picked up this C-160 a couple of weeks ago from Joe out in SW PA.  It had been on the Classified page for a while so I went out for a look.  Got her home and got a new battery, new plug, new plug wire and some fresh gas.  She purrs like a BIG kitten!  Drove her around the yard a few times and put her on the lift.  Got some of the parts I am going to need at the BS and some more from Jay in GA.  Wife told me I have to finish the all the trim work in her "home theatre" in the basement so......... I do get a few hours in.  After all, "Ya gotta let the finish dry between coats"

• Mike_W
      By Mike_W
      Been looking for a C-160 Auto with Hydro lift for some time and an acceptable one finally showed itself on CL. Good runner. Needs a replacement seat and a choke lever. Also a battery mount. Anyone point me to how these batteries are held in place? A bigger (younger) brother to my 876

I had a post on my 876 but I see the images are gone from the post, here is a picture, Love this tractor.