62WheelHorse

Charger 12 snowblower 6-1211

62WheelHorse

Hello RS,

I recently picked up this snowblower tag reads 6-1211 for my 68 charger 12. I need some help verifying the length of the mounting brackets. I believe they are part number 6424 on the parts diagram. It looks like the previous owner chopped them down a couple of inches. I tried mounting it today just to be sure all worked well and obviously I'm here so.... pulley hits the front steering and there is too much give in the belt for this to be correct. 

Can anyone post a picture of a measurement. If all else fails at finding those parts I'll make some out of stock but I'll need the overall length of them. Thanks for any and all help! 

pfrederi

Has  Front Tachmatic ever been added to your Charger?? 

Here is the issue.  The blower you have was designed to be used on older tractors that didn't have a front tachmatic.  The mounting frame had a Long bolt at the end that actually went through the front holes on each side of the tractor frame. (it would be in the frame hole directly above the axle the one with the first bolt on my front tachmatic mount.  

If the tractor had a front tachmatic a shorter mounting frame would be needed as the pivot point is out in front of the tractor not in the tractor frame itself.  The longer mount in the picture is what you need if you do not have a front tachmatic as it will bolt directly to eh front holes on the tractor frame.  The shorter frame in the other picture would be used if you have the tachmatic.    I would hazard a guess a PO cut down teh long mount to use it on a front tachmatic tractor.

In the first picture you can see my Electro (Charger).  I added the bolt on front tachmatic so I use the shorter frame.  I f you could round up one of those that might be another solution for you.

IMG_0062 (2).JPG

IMG_3005.JPG

IMG_3004.JPG

• Like 1

stevasaurus

Nice write up Paul.  Looking at your pictures, do you also need a different length flag setup??  :think:

pfrederi

Steve: i am not sure about that.  Each time I move a blower to another tractor I have to add or delete a bunch of washers between the flag and the lift pipe.  I would think  the lift mechanism would be about the same length.  The extra 4 inches on the old system is taken up passing where the front tachmatic would have been and the first bolt hole in the frame.

Just went and measured it is 4 inches from the pivot point of a front Tachmatic to the first hole in the frame

Edited by pfrederi
  • Like 1

62WheelHorse

Those pictures are very helpful. I do not have the front tachmatic and the blower is set up for that style. Does anyone have, or know anyone that has, either mount for sale? 

Thanks again for the pictures. 

stevasaurus

Put an ad in the Want Ad Section.  In another thread here today...Davoman had one for sale...not sure what they would be going for. Here is that thread.  :)

Sarge

It's not real hard to duplicate that front mount , also the ones off the later '73 and up models that bolted to the front of the frame and included a hole for the axle pin will work also...such as the C-series .

Sarge