JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

1974 ,, B 80 ,, my new to me

Wheel-N-It

Good score there Glenn. That's a sweet little horse. Tell you what though. It's much too nice to continue living up North. I'll gladly volunteer to keep it at my house and you can come down here and mow with it anytime. You can even come here and ride it around in the Winter. Just think how happy that little Kohler 8 will be living where it can have straight 30 weight year round LOL:lol:

• Like 4

Ken B

I'll tell ya what Glenn, you have sure been on a roll lately...  That looks like a real nice find. I grew up cutting a lot of neighbors lawns on a new B-80 way back in the day. It had a side discharge deck on it as well. That tractor was such a pleasure too hear run thru the Nelson muffler. I loved it when the governor kicked in when it hit the tall grass. The tractor belonged to my friends Dad, he let us use it as much as we wanted and we sure did, cutting many neighbors lawns in the 10-15 buck range. His only rule was that we don't abuse it and that we clean it after each use. I remember him saying that if we didn't clean it after each use we could no longer use it and if we abused it or were caught being reckless his exact words were he'd kick our a$$e$. I knew he would have and I knew my Dad would have been just fine with that! :thumbs2: My friend didn't like to cut grass much so he sat and watched which was just fine by me.. I got 5 bucks for each lawn I cut with it, I was the happiest kid in town. I would have done it for free just to ride that tractor! I know his Dad still has the tractor, he owned his own auto repair shop back then and the tractor was always garaged and serviced.. Great memories for me on a B-80...

• Like 4

Kurt-NEPA

Wow Glenn, can I be your friend?

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn
1 hour ago, Kurt-NEPA said:

Wow Glenn, can I be your friend?

We are friends Kurt, since we met when you bought my 520. Me and Pete grew up together and we go back 60 years. Nothing wrong with giving something away to give a boost to thier life when there world is upside down by circumstances they can't control. 

Makes 2 people feel good. I have been down many dark trails in life so far, I bet many here have been to. We have talked about this before, so I don't want to get long winded on it. 

Glenn

• Like 7

Kurt-NEPA
13 hours ago, JERSEYHAWG / Glenn said:

We are friends Kurt

I know we are Glenn.  Good to hear you are sharing your bounty.  As we get older, helping others is a great way to pay back all the help we have had over the years.

Well Done!

Kurt

• Like 1

Retired Wrencher

Glenn Very nice find on the B-80. should be a great addition. Those are original mufflers from Nelson.  Enjoy. Ohhh when up loading picks look for rotating arrows this will straighten out the picture. some times it is easer to turn the camera vertical to get the best shot. A phone ???? NOT technical here.:think: That was special on your part. A friend is priceless. Good for you.

Edited by T1257 RETIRED WRENCHER.
  • Like 1

Tonyp

Wow , what a beauty,  Congrats !

When did those early  B Series turn into the  C Series ? 

Edited by Tonyp
  • Like 1

Racinbob
10 hours ago, Tonyp said:

Wow , what a beauty,  Congrats !

When did those early  B Series turn into the  C Series ? 

They didn't Tony. In 74 & 75 the B's had a shorter wheelbase and were 4 speeds. In 76 & 77 they were identical to the C's except for the rear tires, seat, steering wheel and a couple other minor things. In 78 the B's became lawn tractors.:)

Edited by Racinbob
  • Like 3

dirtnap

Awesome tractor.  My first and favorite.  I kick myself for ever selling it.  I plowed the Blizzard of '78 with mine.

• Like 2