DennisThornton

Is there another great Wheel Horse forum? Or even a good one?

DennisThornton

I thought for a bit for a good title and still don't know how best to phase it...  Second best Wheel Horse forum?   ??

A couple years ago I scoured the Internet for Wheel Horse info and while I certainly found other forums and I certainly gathered Wheel Horse info elsewhere I settled down here and I'd say 99 percent of the time I stay here. Comfortable, great info, great guys, lots of pictures and I truly believe that this is Wheel Horse Central!  But I was wondering, do any of you cheat?  A little?  Do you wonder off at night and return in the early morning hours to visit other sites?  Sometimes just to look around?  I KNOW some of you do!  ;)

Racinbob

I've seen other forums and have looked them over but have not joined any of them. Red Square is well run, well moderated, a wealth of knowledge is available from the files section and the outstanding members here. I don't have the facts but I'd guess this forum is larger than all the others combined and has much more activity. There's absolutely nothing wrong with joining other forums but personally I see no need to. :)

• Like 7

SylvanLakeWH
5 minutes ago, Racinbob said:

I've seen other forums and have looked them over but have not joined any of them. Red Square is well run, well moderated, a wealth of knowledge is available from the files section and the outstanding members here. I don't have the facts but I'd guess this forum is larger than all the others combined and has much more activity. There's absolutely nothing wrong with joining other forums but personally I see no need to. :)

:text-yeahthat:

:rs:is the best one hands down IMHO.

:ph34r:

• Like 5

AMC RULES

NO!!!

• Like 9

Jerry77
31 minutes ago, AMC RULES said:

NO!!!

:text-yeahthat:  :wh:

• Like 5

squonk
52 minutes ago, AMC RULES said:

NO!!!

That's funny and a lot of us know why! :)

• Like 6

rmaynard

There was a member here who became disenchanted with RedSquare and started his own forum. Some members left with him, and other joined but kept their main focus here. After nearly two years, that forum has about 250 members, whereas RedSquare at last count has 14,765. However, the more forums there are that promote the Wheel Horse hobby, the better it is for all of us. If someone wants to start another forum, I have no problem with that and say more power to them. But it always seems that no matter where you go on the internet searching for Wheel Horse info, more times than not, you will be directed back to RedSquare.

• Like 8

dcrage

There is the Facebook page that started (by Scott?) 5+ years ago. Seems that quite a few RS members now reside there. 

DennisThornton
10 hours ago, N3PUY said:

There are some good guys and great info on both but not neither really keep me coming back...

8 hours ago, rmaynard said:

There was a member here who became disenchanted with RedSquare and started his own forum. Some members left with him, and other joined but kept their main focus here. After nearly two years, that forum has about 250 members, whereas RedSquare at last count has 14,765. However, the more forums there are that promote the Wheel Horse hobby, the better it is for all of us. If someone wants to start another forum, I have no problem with that and say more power to them. But it always seems that no matter where you go on the internet searching for Wheel Horse info, more times than not, you will be directed back to RedSquare.

Well aware of what and who you mean.  Been there and haven't gone back...

2 hours ago, dcrage said:

There is the Facebook page that started (by Scott?) 5+ years ago. Seems that quite a few RS members now reside there. 

I've built two Facebook pages and I still don't understand Facebook...  I searched Facebook just today but didn't see anything that interested me...  Perhaps the one you mention would?

• Like 1

DennisThornton
11 hours ago, AMC RULES said:

NO!!!

Come on now.  Quit holding back and feel free to express yourself!  :ROTF:  Seriously, there is some good info out there but I don't find it as organized, friendly or as forth coming as here!  What I've seen is not even close!

dcrage

"I've built two Facebook pages and I still don't understand Facebook...  I searched Facebook just today but didn't see anything that interested me...  Perhaps the one you mention would?"

Dennis

The Facebook groups are "Wheel Horse Junkies" and "Wheel Horse Garden Tractors and Parts"

Edited by dcrage
  • Like 1

Junkers88

I'm 100% new to WH tractors so take this comment with that in mind. I honestly typed "What is a Wheel Horse tractor?" into Google search and this site was at the top of the list. So I signed up. I've not had to go anywhere else as I've found and been offered all the information I need here. Heck I even got a PM from one of the members here with his personal phone number so I could call him with questions. Who does that now days? 

This was my first, and will be my only, stop for Wheel Horse information.

Richard.

• Like 7

DennisThornton
21 hours ago, dcrage said:

"I've built two Facebook pages and I still don't understand Facebook...  I searched Facebook just today but didn't see anything that interested me...  Perhaps the one you mention would?"

Dennis

The Facebook groups are "Wheel Horse Junkies" and "Wheel Horse Garden Tractors and Parts"

Thanks.  Pretty sure I've seen both of them but I really don't care for the Facebook layout, interface or how it works.  But I will look again.  When I get some more time I want to get back to collecting pictures at least.

21 hours ago, Junkers88 said:

I'm 100% new to WH tractors so take this comment with that in mind. I honestly typed "What is a Wheel Horse tractor?" into Google search and this site was at the top of the list. So I signed up. I've not had to go anywhere else as I've found and been offered all the information I need here. Heck I even got a PM from one of the members here with his personal phone number so I could call him with questions. Who does that now days? 

This was my first, and will be my only, stop for Wheel Horse information.

Richard.

You did real good for your "first"!  I truly believe that this is by far "Wheel Horse Central"!  I was just wondering if I was missing anything...

• Like 1

WNYPCRepair

Redsquare has a facebook page also.

• Like 1

DennisThornton
On 10/9/2016 at 10:59 AM, AMC RULES said:

NO!!!

Now me thinks thou protests too much! B)

20 hours ago, WNYPCRepair said:

Redsquare has a facebook page also.

I think now days every major concern needs to have a Facebook page.  I built a personal one to help drive a business page.  Spent over a year and lots of posts and never quite figured it all out.  Got lots of "Friends" but only got to know a very few.  I like it better here!

• Like 1

slammer302

RedSquare has all the WH info I need and I know how to navigate it and the members are great have met alot of great guys here. I have been window shopping for other brand GT's so I might have to join different forum for info on them. But will always use RedSquare for all things WH.

• Like 2

T-Mo

Wheel Horse = Red Square

John Deere = WFM

Cub Cadet = IHCC (with a slight not to OCC)

Simplicity = Simple Tractors

Sears = Vintage Sears GTs

Case/Colt/Ingersoll = http://casecoltingersoll.com/

Just a few sites which I considered where to go for other brands.

• Like 1