JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

1996 520h, what's wrong here?

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Ok, I am looking at this 1996 520h, why is the pedal in this picture seem like it doesn't sit right? My 1995 520h, I didn't have long enough to remember. Do you guys see anything wrong with the position of the pedal. As always, thanks for advice and comments. 

Glenn

IMG_0323.jpg

• Like 1

benji756

possibly linkage is unhooked or broken?

• Like 1

Theroundhousernr

Parking brake engaged?

• Like 1

Wishin4a416

Just a guess but maybe the brake pad is worn badly and it is way out of adjustment. Looks like the foot/step rest is badly bent also as it doesnt tuck up under the fender.

• Like 1

kasey54

I have one with the floor pan issue as well. It came about from sloppy tire chains getting caught. The previous owner caught it on fire trying to straighten or removing the floor pan . Made for a good deal for me. I don't remember about the pedal.

• Like 1

Lagersolut

Walked out in the garage looked and took a measurement on a 310-8 - the pedal should be standing up 4" to the pedal pad and facing the operator - the pad on this tractors pedal is facing straight up towards the hood - methinks the pedal is broke or was broke and poorly welded . I've had linkage off pedals before and they didn't lay/sit like that.

• Like 1

cleat

That is a later model pedal. They sit different.

Mine are all early models so I cannot do a measurement.

• Like 2

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn
1 hour ago, Wishin4a416 said:

Just a guess but maybe the brake pad is worn badly and it is way out of adjustment. Looks like the foot/step rest is badly bent also as it doesnt tuck up under the fender.

Jack, yes on the foot/ step rest. Bent pretty good to. He has a new one of those. The funky pedal is what bothers me. Amazing with only 351 hours on the machine.

Glenn

1 hour ago, Theroundhousernr said:

Parking brake engaged?

Comment, when the brake is on, the pedal sits like that? Just seems way to weird, the angle......just sayin and not sure.

Glenn

Wishin4a416
1 minute ago, JERSEYHAWG / Glenn said:

Jack, yes on the foot/ step rest. Bent pretty good to. He has a new one of those. The funky pedal is what bothers me. Amazing with only 351 hours on the machine.

Glenn

It wouldnt deter me if price and hours were right. And hours seem very right.

• Like 1

Lagersolut
3 minutes ago, JERSEYHAWG / Glenn said:

Glenn

Here's a '96 520 I pulled off Google images you can use for reference - you can clearly see something isn't right on that pedal.

wh005.jpg

• Like 1

shallowwatersailor

Looking at the pedal and the way the footboard is chewed up where it meets the fenderpan, what happened on that side underneath?

• Like 1

daveoman1966

I recently sold this 52-H but I have an identical pedal if you need one.  Me thinks this is a '97 model....

B (37).JPG

B (38).JPG

Wishin4a416

Here is a picture of mine Glenn. Adjusted correctly to the second detent.

IMG_2518.JPG

IMG_2519.JPG

• Like 4

Theroundhousernr

Idk . Judging by the photo above.. that brake pedal looks about right to me. Could be out of adjustment or just parking brake is set. Now the foot rest is a whole other story......

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn
57 minutes ago, Wishin4a416 said:

Here is a picture of mine Glenn. Adjusted correctly to the second detent.

IMG_2518.JPG

IMG_2519.JPG

Jack, what year is yours? I forgot.

yes, that brake pedal on the one I am looking at might be in the correct position. BIG MIGHT......but this does call for further investigation seeing my money tree died.

Thanks for all the comments guys. If any one else spots anything let me know. I am still investigating it. Not sure yet.

THE ASKING PRICE is 1400.....IMHO ,,a bit high considering. I do like the low hours. But I just bought one that needs a redo.  WHO HAS A " C L E A N " one they want to sell?  come on guys....one of you has one......lol

Glenn

• Like 1

Wishin4a416

I can not tell Glenn. Is that the one with the gold lettering. The anniversary model? I saw a very clean one at out local equipment auction in April go for 1250. I quit bidding at 800. It was low hours but surged.

• Like 1

Shuboxlover

Just a shot in the dark here, but I'm guessing tire chains are the culprit.....They can do some damage if the catch:hide:

• Like 2

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn
50 minutes ago, Wishin4a416 said:

I can not tell Glenn. Is that the one with the gold lettering. The anniversary model? I saw a very clean one at out local equipment auction in April go for 1250. I quit bidding at 800. It was low hours but surged.

Yes, it does have the gold anniversary lettering Jack. good catch. I wll post a clearer picture when I get home. 

Glenn

32 minutes ago, Shuboxlover said:

Just a shot in the dark here, but I'm guessing tire chains are the culprit.....They can do some damage if the catch:hide:

you sir, win the prize.

Glenn

• Like 1

Wishin4a416

And another 60" Deck. You are gonna have a pallet full of those.:blink:

• Like 1

lynnmor

I have a 91, 96 with gold trim and a 97, all have the same high rise pedal. When looking up part numbers, there is a -01 at the end of the number on late models.  

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Anniversary gold lettering, gold horse head.

and the anniversary bent foot board, anniversary rip in seat.....etc.

Glenn

IMG_0326.jpg

IMG_0327.jpg

Wishin4a416

I like it Glenn. Looks like it will clean up just fine.

• Like 1

DougC

Glenn, you should be ashamed of yourself for having so many near mint, low hour :wh:'s Send a few to Iowa for a vacation, I'll give them free room and board!!!!      :lol:

As far as the position of the brake pedal, It is unlike any I have seen My 95 looks the same as my 88 and both look like the picture googled above.

My short legs would have a problem reaching yours.  :)

• Like 1

Kurt-NEPA

Wow Glenn, you sure do "attract" really nice low hour tractors.  Nice snag!

Kurt

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn
32 minutes ago, DougC said:

Glenn, you should be ashamed of yourself for having so many near mint, low hour :wh:'s Send a few to Iowa for a vacation, I'll give them free room and board!!!!      :lol:

As far as the position of the brake pedal, It is unlike any I have seen My 95 looks the same as my 88 and both look like the picture googled above.

My short legs would have a problem reaching yours.  :)

Here Doug. this is to make us both feel better. My last mint purchase. mint dirt, mint rust. lol

Glenn

20160913_155914.jpg

20160913_160331.jpg

20160913_155930.jpg

• Like 2