spindley

I am looking for the motorhead that stuck a CH series Kohler Command on a D-200.   Any info would be appreciated.   Love this site.

82Caddy

I put a 22hp Predator twin (Honda GX670 clone) engine in mine.

spindley

Im not fond of the Predator.   I love my Kohler.   Thanks for the info Caddy.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Stigian
      By Stigian
      A long long time ago there was a thread here about which wheel horse would be on your "wanted hit list".
      One of them was a GT-14 which thanks to Neil, one came my way.. A great machine which has now moved to pastures new..
      The other I'm sure you can guess from the title was a D-200

Nigel bought this machine from Harry with the thought of changing the engine (which had a knock according to the bloke Harry bought it from), to something a bit different..
      Then Nigel made the mistake of saying something along the lines of "I expect you will end up owning the D eventually".    Which got me thinking

A bit of a play with the wiring  (The PTO switch had been badly by-passed) and the engine had a spark, and a temporary gravity fed fuel tank sorted out the fuel side of things..
      Much to Nigel and my surprise the engine fired right up and sounded good with sign of any knocking sounds!
      The trans is a bit noisy but that may sort it's self out with a bit of use as the Big D hadn't been used in a very long time..

A few photo's for you..

And of course a video.... I hope to get an engine running and driving vid edited today, but for now here's an intro vid..

The D gets better each time she is driven. The engine always starts first time every time
      Speaking of the engine, a new vacum fuel pump was fitted so I could get rid of the "tank on a plank" that was clamped on the front and use the D's original tank..
      The engine was also missing a cover, so I quickly folded one up from a bit of sheet steel.. Not pretty but does the job.

The D's first official duty, carting some steel panels up from the scrap pile

• Noobwheelhorseguy
      By Noobwheelhorseguy
      Howdy everyone,
      Im new to tractor restoration and my first restoration project i want to do is my Wheel Horse D-200. I have no clue where to start on the project and was wondering if any of you had any pointers for a beginner restorer.
       The picture is my D-200 as it sits now more or less.

• 12 hp Kohler
      By 12 hp Kohler
      How much do you guys think this d-200 is worth I have an opportunity to buy it but not sure what it is worth ? 
    • dlaw90
      By dlaw90
      I have a 1999 314-8. It never starts on the 1st try whether it is hot or cold outside. It always starts immediately on the 2nd try. Is there anything I should be checking/fixing or is this just typical of a 18 year old tractor. The hour meter reads about 350 hours.

If the tractor is stopped and restarted during mowing/plowing, it will start on the first try.

This is my first tractor, so no response is too obvious...
    • Texas Todd
      By Texas Todd
      So I get the tilt cylinders rebuilt and want to see what I can lift. So I get the D loaded to go to up to my land.

Got some sizable rocks moved.
      I got this one moved and then put on the rear blade to get some ballast. I could use some more weight and I am looking for ways to do that.

After about 45 minutes, the transmission seemed to lose it's power.  Where it would spin the tires trying to dig under this first rock, it didn't afterwards.  Though not an emergency at this time, the lifting is the most important and it seemed to transport them fine.  My question is this. I have another transmission from a D-180 (although it may have the same issue, I don't know). Should I swap the trannys like I did the engines or rebuild the transmission that is on it?  Will rebuilding fix this issue?
      I haven't looked to see how these are attached, but are they as straightforward as the C tractors transmissions?

Thanks for your input!

I most likely won't attempt it anytime soon, just wanted to get the wisdom of the group.