AlwaysLookin80

Suburban throttle and choke cables

AlwaysLookin80

Are new throttle and choke cables available for 1960 suburban? Last thing I need on this resto. Old ones are pretty rusty. Thank you. 

image.jpeg

• Like 4

WHX??

Throttle I don't know about but choke there is no cable.. just a stiff wire from lever to choke and very easy to make JA. Throttle you should be able to make an old one work with some minor mods. Let us know if you need pics......

@Racinbob might have some more advice.

BTW....Nice looking 400 ..:handgestures-thumbupright:......be sure to get some pics in the calendar submissions!

Edited by WHX8
  • Like 1

AlwaysLookin80

Great thanks for the info. , yes sir, I already submitted a few of this one for that. It Would be cool to see it in there. 

AMC RULES

Bunch of 400's popping up lately...

few look as nice as yours though.  :handgestures-thumbsup:

WHX??

Here's what the choke setup should be like...photo courtesy of racin Bob- mine came out very similar

Untitled_thumb_jpg_676cc27de03e4108a26ef7acf025b618.jpg

another pic of my throttle setup, this is a Clinton engine but should be similar for the Kohler

20160808_194549_thumb_jpg_058fc91657bc44c2ed1f1bf2bf3727ac.jpg

20160808_194604_thumb_jpg_09243219133402301cebb27a03ffec5c.jpg

should be an easy thing to make with one of these z bend pliers out of any generic cable

$_35.jpg

Edited by WHX8
  • Like 1

AlwaysLookin80

Thanks for the pics. They were a great help. I may just put mine in the parts washer at work and then lube it up nice and use it. 

2 hours ago, AMC RULES said:

Bunch of 400's popping up lately...

few look as nice as yours though.  :handgestures-thumbsup:

Thank you. 

Racinbob

Jim, is that motor on the bottom a Clinton?:)

WHX??

2 hours ago, WHX8 said:

this is a Clinton engine

yup .....B1290

• Like 1

Skeeters65

WHX8,

What wire did you use to make the choke linkage?

Thanks

wallfish

Use the same wire that's for the throttle cable. If you have any old cables around, pull the wire out and use it.

If you are going to Stevebo's 10/22 I can bring you a piece.

Edited by wallfish
  • Like 1

WHX??

:text-yeahthat:If you don't have any laying around you can always buy a cheapy generic one found in most hardware stores & cannibalize it. That would  work for you too @J.A. if your old one doesn't free up.

Here's a another thread that may help you out guys

CasualObserver

From the basement.