Theroundhousernr

Project Dizzy Horse

AMC RULES

Now you just need a mirror under that beast...

and you'll be all set for the big :wh: show.  :bow-blue: 

• Like 8

Theroundhousernr
4 minutes ago, AMC RULES said:

Now you just need a mirror under that beast...

and you'll be all set for the big :wh: show.  :bow-blue: 

it was talked about but never got around to it yet...... It is just as clean under.. When it was torn down to a roller i had the front jacked up with a 4 ft 2x4 and was cleaning away.. Now my only issue is this is my first 520h with gear reduction steering and i am to afraid to use it now because i dont want to go through cleaning like i just did again should i ever want to put it on display again. So I guess that means i buy another one.....I know isnt that terrible??? lol

• Like 2

wallfish

What a great idea! Love it.

How difficult is it to get the tractor on it?

• Like 2

ericj

THAT'S FORK'IN GREAT, that's sure to catch on if it's seen at to many shows

eric j

• Like 3

Theroundhousernr
6 minutes ago, wallfish said:

What a great idea! Love it.

How difficult is it to get the tractor on it?

Well..... i will have to upload some more pictures to explain fully but i will try until i can. The center piece of receiver tubing is solid mounted to the hub. Then a piece of square tubing has round stock with washers welded to the end to mount to the rear atachomatic. So i set up the frame with the hub under the tractor, jack up the rear and set the tractor down on blocks under the rear tires. Then that allows me to slide the square tubing through the reciever tubing and latch the rear in place... Then i go to the front and jack it up. The front mount then slides onto that same tubing and the tractor is then lowered down in place... Then give the tractor a good shove and it falls off the blocks and is now floating on the hub. The drive sprocket shaft has a square milled on the end.. So you just drop the rotisserie motor on and go...  The tractor was balanced on a pipe and a jack in the garage to find the center point of balance to get the best performance. So there is white line painted on the square tubing so i know how far to slide it in to keep it about balanced weight wise... The wind literally will move it around without the motor... Hey knew idea.... life size wheel horse pin wheels lol...

• Like 4

Theroundhousernr
15 minutes ago, ericj said:

THAT'S FORK'IN GREAT, that's sure to catch on if it's seen at to many shows

eric j

I know..... was really hoping to keep it hidden till i could show it off at the wheel horse show but not sure when i will make it. However it takes a special kind of nut case to go through the effort to do that but i know you guys are out there just like me lol.... Oh well.... its all about the fun

• Like 3

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

A plus job on that beauty. I mean that. Really sweet.

Glenn

• Like 1

C-101plowerpower

very neat idea, i would've ran it off the tractors pto tho:lol:

• Like 1

Theroundhousernr
3 hours ago, C-101plowerpower said:

very neat idea, i would've ran it off the tractors pto tho:lol:

We thought about something similar.. I was thinking of conveyor belt rollers. Two on each side that would cradle the rear wheels. Then drive a sprocket and chain off one the rear rollers to drive it. So the wheels would be turning as well. But.... things like racking up hours on the motor , noise and time drove that idea out.

Edited by Theroundhousernr

C-101plowerpower
Just now, Theroundhousernr said:

We thought about something similar.. I was thinking of conveyor belt rollers. Two on each side that would cradle the rear wheels. Then drive a sprocket and chain off one the rear wheels to drive it. So the wheels would be turning as well. But.... things like racking up hours on the motor , noise and time drove that idea out.

i think a 90 wormgear box a pulley and a few bearings would work too

tunahead72
21 hours ago, Theroundhousernr said:

...  Also brought me garden tractor of the year at the show and a nifty little trophie...

Very cool!  Which show?  I'd love to see this in person.

Theroundhousernr
On ‎10‎/‎1‎/‎2016 at 5:27 PM, tunahead72 said:

Very cool!  Which show?  I'd love to see this in person.

The shows that are local to me that i attend are the old time plowboys in kutztown pa and antique toy and tractor club out of bowers pa. Thinking about trying to restore a different model till the next show to put up on it. I must say that it really pushes you to make the tractor as nice as possible because why put something on a spinning pedestal that you is so so... in a way its kind of a motivational piece as well.. The knew plan is to build something that spin a BIG antique tractor... We will see if that every comes to life or not.

• Like 1