Team70R

HH60 Pull start junked!?

Team70R

Pulled the cord on my HH60 tonight and it made a hellacious noise :(:unsure:resulting in the cord pulling alllll the way out.... And staying out. Got an electric starter sitting on my junk H60... Will it work!!?? Or should I rebuild the pull start? 

slammer302

it should work if you switch all the stuff over from the other motor. fly wheel and shrouds i'm probably forgetting sum things 

Team70R

That's what I'm thinking!

squonk

Those Tecky rewinds have a tendency to get worn out! :)

pfrederi

Depending on the age if you original HH60 was not electric start there is probably no ring gear on the flywheel.  When my father started to have problems pulling the recoil start on his  (now my) L107 with an H60.  I got a starter motor for it only to discover there was no ring gear.  Different part numbers for flywheels with electric start.  (wound up buying a new HH70 for him with compression release.  It was a pull start but it had a ring gear... but was from the late 80s)

Recoils are a Techys weak spot.  i have replaced the one on my Troybilt tiller 2 times.   I put an electric starter on the HH70 we put in the L107...(I am not a s stubborn/frugal as my father:P)

Edit:  The electric starts used a different magneto setup.  Is the one on your junker working?

Edited by pfrederi

Team70R

Everything is good on the junker except the shroud and the flywheel is missing a fin.... Thinking about just going with an aftermarket recoil start, only because it's a heck of a lot easier to deal with 

pfrederi
9 minutes ago, Team70R said:

Everything is good on the junker except the shroud and the flywheel is missing a fin.... Thinking about just going with an aftermarket recoil start, only because it's a heck of a lot easier to deal with 

If your flywheel has a ring gear just put on a starter motor and solenoid.  You will have to charge the battery every 2-3 months but so what easier than yanking it.  i use mine for chores lots of starting and stopping but only have to put on a charger every 2-3 months...and she hauls coal in the winter.

Team70R

Picked up a blown up  electric start H60 for $10 and swapped the flywheel and starter over to the HH60! Tested it out with some jumper cables and presto, electric start!! Hooking up a solenoid and momentum switch tomorrow!