Fishkill-Will

314-8 with 79360 snowblower

Fishkill-Will

Hey all,

Brand new here. Bought a house and it came with a 1998 314-8 with about 1000hrs and a trailer. I replaced the drive belt but other than that I haven't done much but mow and haul debris to the woods. It definitely has some issues—parking brake broken, blade adjustment not really working, plus a few other things that I intend to try to fix or have fixed.

Trying to get ahead of winter and found a guy selling a snowblower attachment 79360 36" on Craigslist. $350 in "good" condition. I believe this will work on my model but looking for confirmation and any other advise. This one is in my vicinity and I'm not sure how often I will find one close enough to actually purchase so I think it may be wise to jump on it.

Thanks, all!

gwest_ca

Yes it will fit. Study the parts list to see all the pieces and make sure you get the lift tube and flag. There may also be an optional lift assist spring.

This model was sold 1993-1998 and 2000-2001. Serial number identifies the model year.

Garry

• Like 1

Fishkill-Will

Thanks, Garry. Really appreciate the manuals. The blower that is for sale is 36" but I don't see anything online about any sizes other than 42" and 48". Could it be the blades are 36" but the overall width is 42"?

roadapples

:WRS:

bmsgaffer
33 minutes ago, Fishkill-Will said:

Thanks, Garry. Really appreciate the manuals. The blower that is for sale is 36" but I don't see anything online about any sizes other than 42" and 48". Could it be the blades are 36" but the overall width is 42"?

V-- see below what Garry said. 

Edited by bmsgaffer

gwest_ca

I believe the housing itself is 37" wide and the two extension wings make it 42".

Garry

• Like 3

Fishkill-Will

Thanks!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Spottedeventer
      By Spottedeventer
      Hi! The shafts of my fathers old 314-8, deck number 73449 have worn to the point the blades don’t stay secured. I’ve struck out tonight trying to find a part number. If anyone can assist, I would greatly appreciate it. 

thank you,

Patricia 
    • colbyeast
      By colbyeast
      Looking for someone in the Northeast (New England area) that can look at my Kohler Magnum 14 ( over 2000hrs
      )had rebuilt about 2 years ago (very little hours after rebuild)it's now blowing white smoke and going through oil, (checked breather :ok; cylinder has carbon build up no wear on cylinder wall) Could it be rings gone?Also needs carb work (throttle linkage very loose) Thanks in advance

• ryobi.warrior
      By ryobi.warrior
      The belt on my Wheel Horse 314-8 mower deck (05-37SC01) appears to be contacting the deck bracket between the spindle pulleys. I am a novice when it comes to Wheel Horse maintenance (at best), but this does not seem correct.

I recently inherited this Wheel Horse, so I do not know the maintenance history. Unfortunately, the mechanic who previously worked on it was a no-show for a scheduled maintenance visit.

Any advice on how to address this? Thanks in advance... this seems like a great forum and I'm looking forward to spending time here!

Photos (please forgive the dirt and grime, I plan to clean it up!): https://imgur.com/a/4PknZuJ

• ashtonosborne2019
      By ashtonosborne2019
      I just got a 1993 toro wheel horse 314-8 today for free. It seems to be in good working order hasn't ran since last summer. Came with a mower deck, rear wheel weights, and a snow plow. My plan is to take the transaxle out if i don't like the motor and put the trans in my 520-h hopefully it works. Is there any pointers you guys could give me i would really appreciate it... thanks.
    • Fishkill-Will
      By Fishkill-Will
      My 1998 314-8 is not starting after stalling while engaging the PTO clutch for snowblowing. It started easily and warmed up well. The stalling didn't seem like a big deal but then it just refused to start. Lights light up and I hear a click. Wondering if this sounds like a PTO clutch safety switch issue and if that should be my first place to look? 

Fuses look fine.

A few weeks ago when I installed the snowblower it stalled in the same manner. I took off the snowblower belt and put it back on and it started and ran well. No such luck this time. Maybe the switch was on the fritz? Had no issues all summer mowing.

If it is a battery or starter issue it would seem like quite a coincidence that it happened right when I tried to blow snow. Like I said, it started like a champ.

Seat switches have been non-functioning since I got the machine. I assume the previous owner bypassed them.

Any thoughts appreciated. I am not at all familiar with the PTO switch or the wiring.