Crazy Wallace

Very light front end pulling

Crazy Wallace

I built a new hitch for my stock 14 hp 414-8. And I put 25 pounds on the front bracket and it hangs four feet out from my front and all it wants to do is ride the wheelie bars. How much more weight should I put on the front. I run the 1000 pound and 1050 classes.

857 horse

Wallace,,,,can we see a pic of this wild machine???   

:banana-rainbow::banana-rock::banana-angel::banana-ninja::thanks::banana-guitar::text-coolphotos:  <<< -----        this is some of the guys saying welcome to Red Square.....

I am not a puller......but we love Pics.......Oh...and its almost  FAT TIRE FRIDAY,,,,,,,,So make it a rear shot !!!!!

• Like 1

SylvanLakeWH

:text-welcomeconfetti:

Achto

:WRS:  Hi Wallace, I do some pulling with farm tractors. Figuring out weight can be a challenge, every tractor's a little different and you only get 1 or 2 chances at each event. If you have the weight to move I would double it on the front to start, then just keep adding until you find the sweet spot. Good luck pulling! :wwp:

Edited by achto
  • Like 1

jimt1971

Sounds like your hitch so to high. Many items go into how high the hitch should be. What do you pull on? How long is the chain from the sled? How high is the chain fastened to the sled. All of these item make a difference on how your tractor will pull. Once you learn how to read all of this you will be able to properly setup your tractor.

• Like 1

Achto
1 hour ago, jimt1971 said:

Sounds like your hitch so to high

To me hitch height is important, I always run the maximum height allowed at the event. Any up pull on the front of the sled is an advantage. With this in mind, if the front of the tractor goes up your hitch height goes down. Best to have your set up so the front wheels just tickle the ground most of the way down the track. As jimt1971 said though many things affect your set up, even track conditions. Example : I will run more weight in the rear on a loose track, and more weight on the front for a tacky track. Track time and experimenting with your tractor is the only way to get things dialed in. You won't always get it right, but keep trying and remember your mistakes. Hope you get to crush some Cubs on the track.  

Crazy Wallace

Most of the time I'm pulling on clay. My hitch is at 13 inches and hook point is 6 inches from the rear end. 

IMG_20160728_182757671.jpg

Thanks guys for the input 

IMG_20160904_151658156_HDR.jpg

And the shed chain is 36 inches long and hooked at the very bottom of the skid plate. It weighs around 5000 and it pulls like a tank. I'm hoping to get her dialed in to walk over the cubs. Before I built the new hitch she wasnt far off from the cubs. 

• Like 1

Crazy Wallace

This is what it started out like 

IMG_20150829_124041980.jpg

• Like 2

RandyLittrell

Lets see a pic of the hitch. It really needs to be as close to the tractor as possible. That lets you put more weight on the rear end. 

Randy

fast88pu

Check out the video of me pulling with my 312-8 on youtube. I have rear wheel weights and have to run with the deck attached. Im in the 1,100 lbs class and king of the lawn class. The video is 2016 montgomery ny tractor pulls

• Like 1

Crazy Wallace

Fast88pu 

I like your pull. I wish they had more pulls like you pulled. No grading just hook up and leter run. 

Hey everyone 

I'm going to be moving to Jonesville vargina soon. Where are the pulls at. 

fast88pu

IMG_2949.jpg

• Like 2

Cork

My sons pull a C120 and a C160.  We use very little weight on the front end.  Our rules set the hitch height at 10" and their weight for youth class is 900lbs. On a tacky clay track we shift some weight to the front.  What size pulleys are you guys running?

fast88pu

I will have a new setup this year and I use the stock pulleys

Spareparts

4" on the motor pulley which I think is stock and stock rear. My grandson pulls in the 650 and 750 class with 35 lbs and 50lbs  on the front, hitch height is 13" and about 4" off the rear end

hope that helps.