Drock

c-160 blades/plows

Drock

what plows/blades fit the c-160, ive been told that almost all plows are interchangeable?

Racinbob

You just have to make sure it's for a long frame. :)

:WRS:

Bert

:text-yeahthat:

Most will fit from the long frame tractors, they include raiders chargers broncos the early B series of course the C's 300 400 and 500 series.

gwest_ca
4 minutes ago, Bert said:

:text-yeahthat:

Most will fit from the long frame tractors, they include raiders chargers broncos the early B series of course the C's 300 400 and 500 series.

And these won't fit unless you get the rear axle quick-hitch brackets with it. They often get separated along with the lift link.

Garry

• Like 1

daveoman1966

here is a long frame, and a short frame....  get the long frame with either a 42 or 48" blade.

The axle bracket for the C-160 is also shown.

DOZ 42 (10).jpg

DOZ 42.jpg

doz srt 1.jpg

• Like 1

KC9KAS

@Drock :WRS: 

Tankman
9 hours ago, gwest_ca said:

And these won't fit unless you get the rear axle quick-hitch brackets with it. They often get separated along with the lift link.

Garry

I might add chains and wheel weights for pushing the white, wet, cold junque!  :ROTF:

Christian_Plow-www.jpg

roadapples

:WRS:

• Like 1

857 horse

I have a long frame plow on my short frame....works really well....with weights...and yes chains....

But ,,on another note....if you were to scroll back about 4 or 5 ...i can now see where my roll of duct tape went,,,

Dave O Man saw what i did ,,,,,,,,,keeps all the linkage rods on the blade during summer storage......

by the way......i stopped this weekend and got a 4 ft piece of steel to make a new edge for this winter,,,Its an Ice Jungle out there !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• PMeadows
      By PMeadows
      Thinking about selling my 1974 C-160 and hoping to get a feel for interest. It has working hydraulics, front plow, single row rear plow, 42" belly mower deck, 55lb wheel weights. Runs fantastic, no smoke. Lights work, amp meter works, has plug in cigarette lighter (doesn't work). Left rear wheel cylinder has slow leak.

• RJ Hamner
      By RJ Hamner
      The C-160 just wasn't running right. Started with new points, plug, filters. 
      I had put an aftermarket carb on it but had found a good Carter N in the correct size so I rebuilt it.
      Got it started this afternoon and had it running at about half speed to warm it up so I could make the final adjustment to the carb.
      It purred along for about 4 minutes and just quit.
      First thought was "out of gas".  Looked in the tank and sure enough it was really low so I filled it up.
      Tried to start it again .....NOTHING
      Went and rechecked everything ....NOPE
      Got out the can of starting fluid...NOPE
      Pulled the plug and noticed the gap was ZERO.  Re-gapped and tried again.  Same thing again no gap.
      Pulled the head.  Looked normal.
      When I cycled the engine I noticed that the exhaust valve didn't fully retract.
      Was able to remove the exhaust valve with two fingers!!!!!
      Guess I am in the market for a new set of keepers and a few gaskets.
      The guys at McHenry's Small Engine Love Me

• tractorman99
      By tractorman99
      Hi everyone,

I bought a wheel-horse c-160 a while back, and did some work with it.
      One day the rear axle housing broke:

I was thinking about changing the part or soldering the broken pieces.
      Does anyone know where to order this part? Or has any idea of the potential cost of a soldering job?
      Thank you in advance!

• RJ Hamner
      By RJ Hamner
      Picked up this C-160 a couple of weeks ago from Joe out in SW PA.  It had been on the Classified page for a while so I went out for a look.  Got her home and got a new battery, new plug, new plug wire and some fresh gas.  She purrs like a BIG kitten!  Drove her around the yard a few times and put her on the lift.  Got some of the parts I am going to need at the BS and some more from Jay in GA.  Wife told me I have to finish the all the trim work in her "home theatre" in the basement so......... I do get a few hours in.  After all, "Ya gotta let the finish dry between coats"

• Mike_W
      By Mike_W
      Been looking for a C-160 Auto with Hydro lift for some time and an acceptable one finally showed itself on CL. Good runner. Needs a replacement seat and a choke lever. Also a battery mount. Anyone point me to how these batteries are held in place? A bigger (younger) brother to my 876

I had a post on my 876 but I see the images are gone from the post, here is a picture, Love this tractor.