diamondred

Mower deck spindle difference's

diamondred

I have a 05-42MS04 and a 05-36MR03 mower decks, however while looking up part #'s for these decks, I find the spindle housings have different part #s. To look at one deck , then the other, the spindles look the same and take the same bearings. They have the same bolt pattern. The shaft and the bearing spacer have different part #s as well. ( not looking the center drive ) My question is, Is one of these spindles longer than the other, and if so how much? The reason I ask is, I have a deck that may have had a spindle replaced at one time and is the wrong one cause the blade height is different than the other two..... thanks. 

doc724

yes they are different.  The 36 inch decks had shorter spindle assemblies as the shell is quite a bit shorter.  From memory, I am thinking 1/2 to 3/4 shorter (I no longer have a 36 inch deck so I cannot check for you)

diamondred
2 hours ago, doc724 said:

yes they are different.  The 36 inch decks had shorter spindle assemblies as the shell is quite a bit shorter.  From memory, I am thinking 1/2 to 3/4 shorter (I no longer have a 36 inch deck so I cannot check for you)

Was hoping someone would say an 1/8 or a 1/4" , I will have to look at it closer to find the height difference... thanks