Sign in to follow this  
hoosier

Onan

hoosier

This is a Performer 20. I'm pretty much clueless on the wiring. This is how I got it, all wires cut. I would like to hook up the bare minimum just to see if it will fire before I decide what to do with it. A rough sketch maybe??? Any help appreciated, and best wishes for the New Year.

4444.jpg

73-18 automatic

You said performer 20 I might be able to look at mine tomorrow and be of some assistance

TT

......and I wanna see some pictures of the whole machine. :D

It's not often you see a P-220 on an "old" Horse. :hide:

You should actually be able to run a 12VDC jumper wire from the battery to the coil, hook a ground cable to the engine block, the positive battery cable up to the starter solenoid, and trigger the starter with another jumper wire to the small terminal on the solenoid. Those 4 wires will make an Onan run. :hide:

hoosier

Thanks guys. The engine is not mounted to the tractor. I bought them together, though, as seen. I've done nothing to it. Looks like a project someone else thought about then gave up. Possibly for a good reason. :D Cost me $50. It's an 800 Special. It would be cool if it was working.. I just wanna see if the engine is any good. May find some other use for it. I expect I ought to fasten it down somewhat before I crank it. :hide:

2033.jpg

73-18 automatic

Looks great for $50 bucks I have a P220 on an old D-160 that runs but I have to repair the gas tank first but again looks good :hide:

TT

Looks a lot easier than fitting a P-218 on a 552! :hide:

1852A003.jpg

Yeah.... ya might wanna put at least one bolt in it somewhere.... or some Vise-Grips would even work too. :D

hoosier

TT. Is that your project??? :hide:

jerrell

:hide: Yeah Hoosier , you better bolt that thing to something, it's gonna wiggle on ya.. :D

TT, where did you hide the battery? :hide: :omg:

hoosier

It runs! Hooked it up per TT's instructions, a shot of starter fluid, and it ran shortly. Got excited, found a gas tank, and ran a fuel line. After severely flooding it, :imstupid: it cleared out and ran, then dropped to one cylinder firing. I'll get a couple new plugs tommorrow to try. Thanks again for the help.

A v belt and 3 more Vice Grips and I'll be drivin' around :hide: :D

TT

TT. Is that your project??? :hide:

More like a "conversation maker". :hide:

The 552 will get a "normal" engine someday, and the Onan is actually a blown-up parts unit. :D