Brad764

Hello everyone, I am new to the site and new to wheel horse. We just moved into a house with a large yard and I found a Wheel Horse B-165 with mower deck for the cost of renting a trailer and hauling it home. It had been sitting in t garage for many years and the fuel system had not been cleaned out. I have it running on propane with a high pressure regulator and a copper pipe running into the carb. (nothing that cannot be easily reversed). I have been looking for a snow blower for this tractor to use this winter , but I haven't seen anything anywhere near Jericho VT, Has anyone else adapted any other blowers from other manufacturers to work on the B-165? Any ideas or suggestions would be welcome.

Walt

Well come to Red Square. I have not worked with other brands but I'm sure you will get plenty of advice from other members.

I am currently doing modifications on a blower for a vertical shaft powered Wheel Horse snow thrower to work on my horizontal shaft pto.

wallfish

:WRS: Brad

That's what Brad needs, a blower for a vertical shaft powered tractor. 

Walt
5 hours ago, wallfish said:

:WRS: Brad

That's what Brad needs, a blower for a vertical shaft powered tractor. 

Sorry already cut the shaft and inner bearing mount, and moved mount to location for supporting new shaft I'm making.

Brad764

I think as long as I can attach it to the frame I should be able to use an appropriate belt to run the blower, I guess I could even rotate the belt mid way if it has a vertically oriented fully on the blower. Any thoughts?

wallfish

There's a vertical shaft blower for sale in Williston VT on CL. Right near you.

Bet you can get it cheaper than advertised and it would be much easier to modify to fit on that B165 than any horizontal blower would be.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Jayzauto
      By Jayzauto
      Toro - WheelHorse SnowBlower fits “XT” Models.  Model 79483 Serial 240000164. In great shape, has high chute, wide kit installed and has belt.  Skids show little to no wear, so I’m guessing not used much.  SnowBlower only.  No mule drive or lifting hardware.  
      $250/BRO

• Crick
      By Crick
      Original Wheel Horse dump cart wanted, no offense but not another brand with WH decals. 
      thank you
      Crick
    • blu_stang
      By blu_stang
      Hi All, It's time for me to sell the D-250 I've had for the last 8 years.  It’s useable as is, or would be a great project bundle for further restoration.

I am selling a large package: the running tractor, a refurbished snowblower (48”), parts snowblower, mower deck (60”), tiller (40”), front plow blade (60”), Cat 0 3-Point Hitch with adjustable top link, WH 3-Point tool bar, wheel weights and tire chains.  Also included is an extensive part collection, nearly a second tractor worth.  I will include the original manuals, an original 1976 sales brochure, and repair manuals for the tractor and the engine.  I made electronic copes of all of the above, and stored the paper copies to prevent further wear. This is one of the most complete D-250 tractor/attachment bundles I’ve seen.

Some highlights from the available parts: Frame rails, extra engine, water pump, extra transaxle, extra gears, including worm gears (stored in oil bath), Front wheel set, carburetor, carb rebuild kit, rebuildable original radiator, extra radiator overflow bottle, rebuilt alternator, new voltage regulator (I was planning to change over to an alternator setup from the generator), new in package Renault engine seals, new PTO seals, ignition maintenance parts.  There are also many panels, frame pieces, cables, levers, tubes (lines) and hardware in the collection.

The tractor engine runs smooth.  There are around 1050 original hours on it; It’s a 1976 edition.  Everything works, except the dash lights and the rear lights (disconnected b/c of fender).  I just haven't sorted out the wiring, but it is all there.  Headlights are good and working, as are all of the gears and levers.  The four tires are nearly new Carlisle Multi Trac, with nubs still on them.  The rear tires have been filled (ballasted) with Rim Guard for extra traction.  The hydraulic pump, front PTO clutch and brakes operate but could use a tune up.  I’ve used it for mowing and snowblowing on hills, driveway and around my land. I don’t have an original WH seat.  The snowblower was rebuilt a few years back, and assembled with all new hardware and bearings.  The mower deck gearbox was professionally serviced recently, and has a new set of blades with only a half dozen mows.  The rear fender needs a repair, but all pieces are available.  The plow and tiller are due for restoration.  The Points, Condenser and rotor have all been replaced and tuned in.  The battery is good.  I've rebuilt the carb, replaced the fuel pump and changed out the plugs within the last 30 hours.  The replacement radiator is from a Kawasaki engine; it was installed with new hoses. There are also new custom hydraulic hoses and a new hydraulic lift cylinder.

Here's a video of me mowing, this past summer.

Transporting this haul in one trip will require a pickup truck and a large trailer.  

• mmmmmdonuts
      By mmmmmdonuts
      Tall Chute single stage snowblower. Has worm drive chute control. Has lift rod as well. Chute is currently detected for storage. 

• jebeli
      By jebeli
      Lets make a deal. The whole collection for $3000 or one tractor and half the items listed below for $1500. 
      I am moving to town so am willing to do a partial trade for a wheelhorse more approproiate for a suburban lot- lawn ranger, surburban models, bcs walking tractor, other?
      I could possibly deliver or meet half-way or ship.

Both tractors run great and are in good working order. Second owner of both machines. I work with these machines everyday so they are not perfect but are, in my opinion, in excellent shape.
      42in high-shoot snow blower
      42 in rear discharge deck
      Snow blade
      Front mount deck hanger with 42in side discharge deck
      30in lawn seeder
      Brinly single bottom plow with cleavis or sleeve hitch
      50in grader blade
      Extra transmission
      36in rear tiller - leaks a little
      Full set of tire chains for each tractor
      Various body pieces
      7.5 cubic ft pull behind cart - may need tires
      Extra set of rims
      All required belts, pullys, brackets, manuals, too much to list.