scotty

B-80 gave out

scotty

I was pushing some brush over with my b-80 and all of the sudden i let out my clutch and it would not move. I started to pull it back to the house and then all of the sudden the wheel fell off. It turned out the whole hub broke.I had to use a winch to pull it on to the trailer. The hub and axle have been bad on this tractor since i got it around 4 years ago. I was surprised it lasted this long. Looks like i have a project ahead of me.

14329228_1156893317700477_1411517822_o.jpg

KC9KAS

That is too bad, but it can be fixed.

Good luck with your B-80.

I love my B-80!   Hell, I love all my Wheel Horses

• Like 2

953 nut

:text-imsorry:       Look at the bright side; lots of posts pop up here about people who can't get the hub off, yours did it for you.  :ychain:

PS; I had one brake on me a few weeks ago, I heard something clanging inside the hubcap, it was part of the hub! It didn't fall off, but came close.

• Like 1

scotty

Haha yeah no fussing with the hubs is a big plus and a couple weeks ago i got the hitch pin free. I think it should go pretty smoothly. Now im going to have to decide if i want to paint it up or not.

• Like 1

squonk

Couple of times a year I give the hubs a checkover for getting loose. Saves tearing up an axle! :) Usually do it when transitioning from summer to winter duty and again in the spring.:banana-wrench:

Edited by squonk
  • Like 3

scotty

Does anyone have a bearing part number? Turns out i had a little more wrong than i thought. The needles all fell out of the axle bearing.

pfrederi

1 inch or 1-1/8th..Look at the pinned post top of this forum

• Like 1

scotty

I never noticed that i found it thanks!