djklhc

Question about 416-H rear fender/seat mount

djklhc

Question is, Is the rear fender also mounted on springs or rubber somehow?  I know the seat has springs but the whole rear fender assembly on mine wiggles as if its sprung also.  I haven't had the time to tear into it to look further and figured someone here would know!

rmaynard

The fender pan is bolted directly to the brackets under it. No rubber cushions. Only rubber cushions would be where the hinged seat mount rests on fender pan.

• Like 1

N3PUY

IMG_0882 (800x600).jpg

The cross bar that mounts the gas tank and the seat mounts to the, lets call it the console.

The mount area is broken and will need welded or angle supports installed.

Take off the seat.  4 bolts.

Take off the fenders. 4 more bolts.

Maybe a few wires and you'll see the problem.

The pic shows a repaired one.

Edited by N3PUY
picture
  • Like 2

djklhc

Excellent, might tear into it this evening and see what I find!  Thanks!

TDF5G
On 9/7/2016 at 0:32 PM, N3PUY said:

The cross bar that mounts the gas tank and the seat mounts to the, lets call it the console.

The mount area is broken and will need welded or angle supports installed.

Take off the seat.  4 bolts.

Take off the fenders. 4 more bolts.

Maybe a few wires and you'll see the problem.

The pic shows a repaired one.

:text-yeahthat:

grinchsr

You probably will find this.

IMG_1016.JPG

• Like 1

WHwest8597

Anyone have suggestions for fixing this problem.  I noticed yesterday the one side of my 315-8 was broken.  Do you use angle iron or heavy sheet metal?

Pollack Pete

I've repaired waaaaay too many on my Horses.I use 1/8 in by 2 in wide flat stock.Just gotta drill a couple new holes.1/8 in thick material doesn't affect how the center console plate sits when it's all bolted together.This is a real weak spot on these tractors.

cschannuth
7 hours ago, Pollack Pete said:

I've repaired waaaaay too many on my Horses.I use 1/8 in by 2 in wide flat stock.Just gotta drill a couple new holes.1/8 in thick material doesn't affect how the center console plate sits when it's all bolted together.This is a real weak spot on these tractors.

Do you place the new 1/8" flat stockunder the entire console plate?