Stike

C195 3 point fabrication

Stike

Been wanting a 3 point hitch for a while and finally got started on it, found some good info here and thought I would post progress, (might be a slow process as spare time is a rare commodity these days) a lot of unknowns but working from pics and may have some questions. 

20160905_161200.jpg

20160905_161110.jpg

• Like 9

Digger 66

I'll be standing by .....

• Like 1

meadowfield

Good work so far, I've made two of em...

Stike

Can anyone give me the cylinder stroke for the 3 point I have one with 2.25 but not sure if this is enough.

Stike

Checking part fit, so far so good I think. 20160907_130332.jpg20160907_130254.jpg

• Like 3

Stike

Lift arms fab and fit, used 1/2x2 bar stock I had laying around, think they may be a little long but we'll see. Connecting links something I also had laying around fab new ones next.20160907_173646.jpg20160907_174026.jpg

Wanted to add if all goes well will add drawings with all dimensions in case anyone is interested as I have not found everything in one spot and some not at all.

• Like 6

Stike

My earlier question about cylinder stroke solved I actually have 3 inch stroke on cylinder and about 11 inch lift at rear of lift arms,should be fine and btw cylinder is lift cylinder off a gt14 purchased here off classified section.

• Like 1

Adams94

That is the correct cylinder 

Stike

Just finished hydraulic hook up and tested, all good, now wait for paint to dry, get a top link and put it to work. Will add drawings with dimensions soon.

• Like 1

Stike

Finally got it done, might need to shorten lift arms but will use it for a while to see, the disc's are an old set I got free, now I need to start making attachments will post drawings after some use and mods.20160916_140346.jpg20160916_140733.jpg20160916_180113.jpg

• Like 6

meadowfield

Awesome work!

Stike

Thanks, wasn't as hard to do as I thought once I stopped over thinking it and just started making it. Now what implement to start on.:scratchead:

• Like 1

DennisThornton

I've been following and was impressed from the start but now I must say, "Wow!  That is nice!".

I have no idea how WH did the 3 point so I must now ask.  Is this your design?  Or a close copy?

Stike

Thanks! I guess it's both, I looked at a lot of pictures and found a drawing of the rocker with dimensions here from an old post and used it to judge the dimensions of the other parts.

DennisThornton
2 hours ago, Stike said:

Thanks! I guess it's both, I looked at a lot of pictures and found a drawing of the rocker with dimensions here from an old post and used it to judge the dimensions of the other parts.

But it's basically the way that WH did it?  Not some new design of your own?  

Either way it's most impressive but I want to note that this is not an alternative way to put a 3 point hitch on a Wheel Horse.

Care to share a rough idea of the costs in time and materials?

Fred Jimenez

Do you remember the dimensions on the lift lines on the rear I too am trying to build one and that's the last piece of the puzzle. Pictures would also be a big help!

953 nut
28 minutes ago, Fred Jimenez said:

Do you remember the dimensions on the lift lines on the rear I too am trying to build one and that's the last piece of the puzzle. Pictures would also be a big help!

Give Lowell a call, he makes them up and probably has the dimensions to build you a set.

Fred Jimenez

Just sent him a message thank you sir!

• Thanks 1

Sarge

Can't remember , but is the rear lift independent on the 195 like a D series , or works with just the main rock shaft like the other models ?

Sarge

PeacemakerJack

Hey @Sarge just found this thread! Pretty cool because I want to put a 3pt on my C195. I have the lower arms and the lift links, just need to fabricate the upper lift arms and Connect a ram.  To answer your question the C195’s have a dual spool valve. One for the rock shaft and one for the three point...

3503E9EC-BCE3-46B8-B0EE-CF83293BAF29.jpeg.a30f5e29513d7f5108646a045780a9f9.jpeg

Zoom in on this pic and you’ll see the two levers just above the tunnel

Sarge

Ah ,as I thought . I knew there was another model besides the D series that had a twin valve setup , good deal . Now , I really want to hunt one down , lol...

Sarge

• Excellent 1

953 nut

Is your fuel tank set up for the three point?

DSCF0007.JPG.6a068920e48deabfb0939fc6b99fa3ae.JPG

PeacemakerJack

5C246DFD-1D8B-4DBB-8E8C-02D0CB35E6F9.jpeg.83ade87ff430a603cc0f850d626af795.jpeg

Looks like it!:handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1