elcamino/wheelhorse

Measurement needed

elcamino/wheelhorse

Can some one give me the measurement of the triangle do hickey on a 42 inch snow plow. All  I need is the approximate sizes of all sides and the measurement of the top hole from the top of the triangle. I can not find the original , I know it was in the box of parts when I started working on the plow but it has grown feet and moved to a hidden location and I am tired of looking for it. Thanks

Racinbob

Here you go Jim. The plate is 3/16" thick.

DSCN0556.JPG

• Like 4

elcamino/wheelhorse

Thanks that just what I needed . Now to find the piece of metal I found to make it. My shop is so full I have to back out the door to turn around.

• Like 2

squonk

Maybe when your looking for a piece of metal you'll find one that's already cut to size with the holes drilled into it! :teasing-poke: :banana-dreads:

• Like 3

elcamino/wheelhorse

HA HA , It was in the box with the other parts and the box is empty. At least I did not go running around the Big Show screaming "Where is that guy?".:)

• Like 4

DougC

Jim, That would be just what my father-in-law would have glommed on to when he would come over when I was at work to borrow something......

I would have gone nuts looking for it only to find out he had turned it into a boot scraper by his back door the next time I went over to his house.:no:

• Like 2

elcamino/wheelhorse

I could blame the missing part on the dog , but he is too lazy . He only moves from one spot to lay down to another spot that maybe more comfortable.  Maybe the squirrels took it.

stevasaurus

:ROTF:  Maybe you never got it from Squonk, because he could not find you at the show. 

Maybe you left it on the bench at the motel.   :ychain:  Too funny Jim.

• Like 2

squonk
23 hours ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

HA HA , It was in the box with the other parts and the box is empty. At least I did not go running around the Big Show screaming "Where is that guy?".:)

You left out the colorful language! :) :angry-nono:

• Like 1

elcamino/wheelhorse
1 minute ago, squonk said:

You left out the colorful language! :) :angry-nono:

This is a family forum , don't want to get in trouble with the language police:ph34r:

• Like 1

squonk

I'm just here for the fun & food. Can't get a word in edge wise in the shout box! :unsure:

• Like 3

Shynon

:text-yeahthat:

WNYPCRepair
On September 3, 2016 at 5:00 PM, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

Did you lift the flaps in the bottom of the box?

• Like 3

elcamino/wheelhorse

I going for the big magnet on a stick tomorrow. Being Labor Day and since I am retired I needed the day off so I can look at my weekly schedule to make sure nothing interferes with my daily naps. 

• Like 1

squonk

Good excuse to clean out the shop! You might find some stuff you never knew you owned. :) Let me know hen the garage sale starts! :woohoo: :banana-linedance: :occasion-xmas:

Walt

I have a 42" blade in garage and don't recall any triangle shaped do hickey on mine what is it for?

Edited by Walt

elcamino/wheelhorse

@Walt It is part of the mechanism used to move the blade from left to right or to center.

Walt

AH ya I remember that piece now. There isn't really that many parts to them. And it has been months since I worked with mine mounting it for first time to be sure I could use this winter. Mine was given to me last fall by a neighbor who got it for 20.00 at an auction. He got everything but the quick attach that mounts on rear axle. And thank you Jim.

98layinframe

I love this forum!  it takes awhile to find stuff, but eventually find it!

Anyways, I'm missing this exact triangle piece.. my question is on the drawing are the 4" and 5" measurements the outer corners of the piece itself, or the center to center measurements of the holes themselves?

Racinbob

It's the overall measurement of the plate. The 5" is between the lines. It does look like I was showing the c/c of the holes but that wasn't the intent. :)

98layinframe

Ok thanks for the quick response,  any chance you would know the center to center measurements and hole sizes?  

Racinbob

The larger hole is 1/2" in from the edges to center. The two smaller are 1/4" in to center. Size them according to the rod size. :)