Sign in to follow this  
parsonsponyz

Tecumseh Spark

parsonsponyz

I recently bought a Raider 10 with no spark, knowing it was probably the SSI on the Tecumseh, with several accessories that were in good shape for a (what I think) good price.  With that being said I downloaded the parts list on  here for the engine (HH100 1151145C) and it states part number is 610748.  My question is I have access to a coil (#610906) that's reasonably priced, would these interchange and do I have my part numbers correct?

69-Raider-10

I have the same year, make, model, and unfortunately, problem you do. I'm actually heading out to the garage now to do some more testing. I'll update if I figure something out but I'm guessing coil. 

I posted a similar thread a month or so ago and some good fella's linked some VERY useful info that I've never come across. This Ed Stoller guy knows everything there is to know on our SS ignitions. Good read. 

Here's the link to my thread with said info: 

Good luck my friend. Hope this helps.

• Like 1

69-Raider-10

Hi Mark. Hope you're getting somewhere with your electrical issue. I've conceded defeat and decided to go with a new unit from Overnight Solutions. This guy brought the old Tecumseh coil back to life using modernized components and thinking. I think this is the way to go unless you decide to swap to a points setup (Which I was 15 minutes away from doing until the guy called me and said he decided to keep the 12 HP Kohler I was on my way to pick up!) Here's the link:

http://overnight-solutions.com/index_files/Page391.htm

I talked to the fella on the phone and he's a real nice guy. Said to shoot him an email with a picture or two of the coil / flywheel with the blower cover off and he'll know which one of the two possible units it is. Now that I know what I'm looking for I'm REALLY GLAD I didn't go and buy one from Ebay! The two look so similar it takes a minute or two to figure out what you have. BIG difference though because of the flywheel configuration. He'd have to explain it but when you go to the link look at the top two that are side by side and you'll see what I mean. Best thing is he makes these serviceable, and they're STILL cheaper than a used one from EBay! The man is doing God's work I tell ya. :-) Good Luck!

Graham

Edited by 69-Raider-10
  • Like 1