RandyLittrell

Hi from Mo. Need help identifying tractor.

RandyLittrell

Hello all, I am new here and would like some help identifying a wheel horse I bought last year. Let me see if I can put some pics on. http://s1052.photobucket.com/user/littrell66/library/wheel horse loader

I guess I should add I collect cub cadets and while looking for a loader for a cub last year I found this Wheel Horse with a loader on it in south Mo. I still want to move the loader to one of my cubs, but I have come to really like this WH. I want to restore it and maybe add a blade to it. 

Thanks for any help you can give me. 

Randy

• Like 1

RandyLittrell

Also, I have done some looking a pics and think its maybe a 1076 or 1276. Tag on the motor is unreadable so I am not sure if its a 10 or 12 hp. 

Let me know if there are more pics you need or any other info. 

Thanks, Randy

WHX??

:WRS:  Randy, looks to be a 67 or 68. There should be a tag riveted under the dash on the hood stand. The holes are there but sadly it appears the tag is missing. Tag off the engine will help but others will be along to help ID it. Guys around here seem to get off on identifing horses. :lol: Once we know what it is for sure all the manuals can be found here.

• Like 2

ACman

Anyway you can get some :text-coolphotos:  from the side , of the whole tractor ? 

:WRS:  you'll find your answer here soon !

• Like 2

953 nut

:WRS:          Could be a 10 or 1276, they are a great worker, engine information could nail it down. This list may be helpful.

wheelhorseallyears (1).pdf

• Like 2

RandyLittrell

I will take some more pictures, but the engine tag is unreadable I think. 10's and 12's are pretty hard to tell apart without pulling the head and not all of them have the model cast into the block I don't think. 

Randy

AMC RULES

:WRS:

• Like 1

DougC

Hello and   :text-welcomeconfetti:  Randy!    Enjoy the forum.    :)

• Like 1

953 nut

The top view of your transaxle tells me it is the early Sundstrand 3100077 found on the 10/1277, not the 90-2046 found on '68 and later. The 90-2046 has the tow valve on the top,yours does not. I guess it could have been a 10/1276 also, who cares, it is still a great worker.

• Like 3

oldredrider

To take all the guesswork out of what tractor it is, just pull the head and measure the piston. Done.

• Like 1

KC9KAS

:WRS:

• Like 1

RandyLittrell

OK, it looks like from what you guys have told me and pictures I have been looking at, the 1276 was built in 66 and 1277 in 67. Other than that, I am not seeing any differences. At least I know pretty much what I have, year difference or 10 or 12 is not much of a concern. 

I will still post some more pics in case they might help. 

Now, how come there doesn't appear to be any brakes? The left pedal returns to neutral, but I don't see any brakes of any kind. I downloaded manuals for 1276 but I don't find anywhere to adjust brakes, just a reference to the parking brake. 

Thanks, Randy

Edited by RandyLittrell

oldredrider

The early hydrostatic transmissions used "dynamic" braking. Neutral is your brake. It will have a parking brake that locks a gear inside the tranny.

• Like 3

953 nut
4 hours ago, RandyLittrell said:

appear to be any brakes?

As oldredrider said the transmission performs the braking function; on the right side down low you have a parking brake but chances are it has failed to function years ago (not the best engineering) I use the bucket of  the FEL as my parking brake.

• Like 2

RandyLittrell
1 minute ago, 953 nut said:

As oldredrider said the transmission performs the braking function; on the right side down low you have a parking brake but chances are it has failed to function years ago (not the best engineering) I use the bucket of  the FEL as my parking brake.

Thats what I am currently doing!! Thanks. 

Randy

• Like 1

bowtieguy
On 8/31/2016 at 11:37 AM, RandyLittrell said:

Hello all, I am new here and would like some help identifying a wheel horse I bought last year. Let me see if I can put some pics on. http://s1052.photobucket.com/user/littrell66/library/wheel horse loader

I guess I should add I collect cub cadets and while looking for a loader for a cub last year I found this Wheel Horse with a loader on it in south Mo. I still want to move the loader to one of my cubs, but I have come to really like this WH. I want to restore it and maybe add a blade to it. 

Thanks for any help you can give me. 

Hey, Randy in KC....welcome to RS....need a WH blade huh?....call me sometime..816-806-9774 ....Frank in Raymore, MO (probably in your back yard!)

Randy

• Like 1

jay bee

:text-welcomewave: to :rs:

Jim

• Like 1

RandyLittrell
23 hours ago, bowtieguy said:

As a matter of fact, almost in your backyard. I actually live in Harrisonville! I will give you a call one of these days. I like the way WH blades push off the rear, seams like the best way to do it! 

Randy