Jason P

Anyone know the value....

Jason P

I got a Wheel Horse 314 hydro with 582 hours on the tractor and I have a snow blade and a 48 inch deck. Anyone know the value of it?

Edited by Jason P

russellmc301

what ever you feel is right:handgestures-thumbupright:

benji756

we want pictures!!!!!:banana-rock:

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

:text-yeahthat:

We could make some guesses , but   :wwp:

• Like 1

slammer302

Location makes sum diffence in pricing and their is no set prices for WH's it really just comes down to what someone is willing to pay. But I did sale a nice low hour 314-H with snow plow last winter for 600$. I usually have no problems trying to sale good running working 300-400 seires horses for $500-$600 range. Maybe I'm selling them to cheap I don't know for sure but I'm happy and the purchasers seem happy.

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

I sold a "fair" 314H at the big show this year for $400.  Just the tractor..no deck.

• Like 1

Jason P

IMG_20160725_153350010_HDR.jpg

13708182_1191022897605527_2939682228097893614_o.jpg

• Like 4

AMC RULES

:WRS:

Where are you located?   :confusion-shrug:

Edited by AMC RULES

Jason P

Located in Illinois.

Ed Kennell

The tractor looks pretty good. The tin looks straight. If it runs and drives OK it is worth 4-500.  A 48" snow blade , frame, and axle bracket with good original paint and scraper bar..150-200.  Pretty easy to straighten the bend in the top of the blade.   No pic of the deck, but a good working 48"sd      2-400.    :twocents-02cents:

Jason P

The deck is from a 1973 with the attachomatic. The tractor is a 1996. I repainted the deck because it had surface rust but it's a solid deck. And it runs like a champ.

IMG_20160807_155009119.jpg

• Like 1

muz123

450-800 range. Sounds about right to me. :wh:

• Like 1

Jason P

I seen a 314-8 with plow and deck selling for around $2,500. Just curious what mines worth. And everything on my tractor is original and works even the indicator lights work.

Oh and my snow blade is 50".

slammer302

Did it actually sell for $2,500 or was it just for sale at 2,500. I see alot of horses for sale at high prices like that but they usually stay posted for a long time. You have a nice setup there.

• Like 1

Jason P

It's listed for $2,500 but I know that a 1997 and older tractors are what people collect. But I think that the 314-8 would be worth around $1,500 and a hydro would be worth around $2,000. Btw I got the Wheel Horse in a even trade for my old 96 John Deere stx38 that I paid $150 for.

• Like 1

Jason P

IMG_20160828_125238635_HDR.jpg

IMG_20160828_125309439.jpg

• Like 1

953 nut
12 hours ago, Jason P said:

I think that the 314-8 would be worth around $1,500 and a hydro would be worth around $2,000

More power to you, I agree with the $ 500 +/- for the tractor and perhaps $ 300 for mower and blade together. Doubt that a Hydro is worth any more than an 8 Speed. :twocents-02cents:

TDF5G
On 8/28/2016 at 0:21 AM, Jason P said:

Btw I got the Wheel Horse in a even trade for my old 96 John Deere stx38 that I paid $150 for.

I'd say you did very well on that trade!  Enjoy your new Horse.

:handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

There is a 312 hydro for sale in Pa. 486 original hours, I believe original owner. Deck never been used, plow blade, weights, chains, looks clean as a houndstooth by the pictures. $1200. Just a fwiw.  You did a super trade.

Glenn

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

\Here's my $1650 312H  w/ 600 hours.   included hydro lift, eaton 1100 trans, loaded cab, 48" snow blade, 48" SD deck, new tires, cast wheel weights, rubber tire chains, rear weight rack.

IMG_5013.JPGIMG_5014.JPGIMG_5015.JPG

IMG_5023.JPGIMG_5029.JPG

IMG_5027.JPG

IMG_5021.JPG

IMG_5026.JPG

IMG_5031.JPG

• Like 5

WHX??

Looks like the deck is NOS Ed! That setup is easily worth that. On the fence about the rubber chains tho??

Ed Kennell

So was I Jim.  I had double link VEE bar chains on my blower and plow tractors.     I actually bought the 312H for resale, but I tried it in our BIG snow last winter and was amazed at the traction with the rubber chains and of course the hyd lift made plowing a breeze.  That's when I decided It was a keeper and added a foot motion control and a plow height/centering control.

I think when the wheel starts to spin, the rubber link twists and bites on the edge creating great traction....and they don't scuff up the asphalt.

• Like 2

WHX??
5 minutes ago, Ed Kennell said:

and they don't scuff up the asphalt.

:handgestures-thumbupright:

Jason P
4 hours ago, Ed Kennell said:

\Here's my $1650 312H  w/ 600 hours.   included hydro lift, eaton 1100 trans, loaded cab, 48" snow blade, 48" SD deck, new tires, cast wheel weights, rubber tire chains, rear weight rack.

IMG_5013.JPGIMG_5014.JPGIMG_5015.JPG

IMG_5023.JPGIMG_5029.JPG

IMG_5027.JPG

IMG_5021.JPG

IMG_5026.JPG

IMG_5031.JPG

Wouldn't the rubber chains dry rot and crack over time? I prefer actual chains that would last a long time.

Ed Kennell

As all compound materials,  they will have a life Jason.  I would expect the dry rot life to be similar to the same as the cord reinforced rubber in the tires.

Wear ...rubber vs steel  only time will tell.

Not apples to apples comparison ,but I  can relate that before I retired, one of my research projects was to find the best material to prevent erosion, corrosion, and pitting due to cavitation  on large hydro turbine blades.

I tested hundreds of materials using a 25 hertz ultrasonic horn.    Surprisingly, the very hard materials such as Inconel, and the very soft materials like rubber proved to be the best materials.

• Like 2