jdleach

New C-175 Series I - Now the Work Begins

jdleach

Slept in today, and did not get out of bed till a little after 11 AM. Had to rush to my local Toro jobber to pick up the new parts I ordered last weekend. Also went to my local tire shop to pick up the new rubber for the rears. Bad news is that everything together set me back over $250. 

The good news is that everything is genuine American made Toro/Wheel Horse parts, and Carlisle Tru-Power ag. tires. Tickled purple (beyond pink). Was VERY happy to find out that at least the rear Carlisle tires are still made over here. These things even have the American flag molded into the tire.

Since this last Mississippi trip resolved all the lingering issues with Caterpillars new pallet system, I shouldn't have to go back. Would think I would have time to get into the C-175 big time now. Unfortunately, I have a charity event I have to help out with next Saturday, and in around two weeks, I have to run one of the local voting centers for the upcoming election.

No rest for thew wicked I guess.

Below are a few photos of my latest acquisitions. There are the two new Carlisle tires, along with the proper drive belt, new parts for the worn hydro shift, and a new ignition switch.

DSCN3918.jpg

DSCN3919.jpg

DSCN3920.jpg

DSCN3921.jpg

• Like 5

Sarge

Glad to hear the Carlisle's are still USA - I had heard they went overseas and ordered a pair of American Farmer 26x12-12's for the D instead . I prefer the Carlisle's more aggressive tread but we'll see how these others hold up...

Sarge

• Like 1

pfrederi

Not all Carlisle's are US.  Just got 3 new carlisle 16- 6.50x8 turf tires... all made in China.

• Like 1

Sarge

Exactly the reason I ordered the American Farmers - not taking any chances with a tire that big/expensive .

Sarge

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

JD, I to ordered my new transmission belt from my local toro / wheel horse dealer. 32 bucks, but the real product. I was hoping to get it today by noon. no such luck. still messin with the running issues. your doing great mr. purple. bad a$$ on those rear skins. 

Glenn

• Like 1