Pollack Pete

D-250 No Spark

Pollack Pete

This has probably been discussed here many times before,but I don't know how to do a search for discussed info.Anyone know of a source and or part numbers for a set of ignition points and condenser for a WH D-250? Had mine running today and it quit suddenly.Thought it ran out of gas.Put in gas.Still no run.Checked for spark.....nothing.Tried a new  coil.Still no spark.Gotta be points and condenser.Thanks for any and all info.

squonk

Renault parts! :rolleyes: If you can take the points and cond out, and have Napa near by that has kept the books around, they can match them up in an Echlin buyers guide. If they don't, take some pics and post them and I'll see what I can find. I kept a lot of the books when they went all electronic cataloging. Much easier to use a book when trying to match a pic. I used to have to do this for Continental engines.:rolleyes: If you can do it for those, you can do it for anything! :)

DougC

You might file the ign points and see if that does it. My '56 Ford sits without being used for more than 6 months at a time and will die unexpectedly after starting and running sometimes. Last 2 times Had spark again after I used a point file.  :)

squonk

Pollack Pete

Thanks Sqonk.Neither contact set looks like mine.My primary wire from the coil goes to an insulated stud that goes through a hole in the side of the distributor.The movable contact spring attaches to this stud inside the distributor.Problem with all the local Napa stores is there's no one working that's over 25 years old.No one can look up parts in a book.Every ones a computer operator.

squonk

Get me a pic of the points or a distributior # if you can.

stratostar250

Had to do a LOT of searching through the forum, but I was doing it for my own keep as well in case I need the numbers one day as well.  I found Duane (baerpath) posted this a few years back, Duane had upwards of 6 or 8 d250s in the past, so if there is one person who knows, im sure it'd be him.  Send him a PM if you can't find anything.  

On 5/24/2009 at 5:46 PM, baerpath said:

D250 ignition parts (correct ones from Beru original equipment for the Gutbrods)

Cap VK 121

condensor ZK 138

rotor EVL 4/6-x

polnts KS 381 V

If you can't get them by you let me know.

Duane

Edited by stratostar250

Pollack Pete

Squonk,here's a pic of the contact set I need.Couldn't find a distributor number ,at least with out removing distributor.

DCP01580.JPG

baerpath

Wheel Horse part number 250826 for the points for a D250    Pete I'll be in Schaghticoke tomarrow give me a call

squonk

looks similar to that first one I listed. I'll look in my book but I don't have much faith. :(

squonk