ACman

Oh no another orange one

ACman

Got another Simplicity . I know , I know , :wacko: but to good of a deal to pass up . Needs both side panels (battery leaked) , otherwise seems complete . Has been repainted at some point in its life and the engine is free so hopefully it will run :handgestures-fingerscrossed: . Can't make out the serial # behind seat and need to get the numbers off engine .

Better admit it now that I also picked up a Massey 12 (son really wanted it). No pics of that one yet , would like to straighten out the grill before posting pics . It runs and drives , also pretty original . 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Edited by ACman
  • Like 8

russellmc301

sounds like someone needs more then wheel horse help:ychain:

great find nothing wroung with having some other types.:text-bravo:

• Like 2

KC9KAS

@ACman that is a fine looking Simplicity.

I always liked the look of the MF GT's....can't wait for photos of it.

• Like 1

JoeM

like the old wheel horses,........... when tractors were steel and men were men!

• Like 2

ACman
39 minutes ago, KC9KAS said:

@ACman that is a fine looking Simplicity.

I always liked the look of the MF GT's....can't wait for photos of it.

Me too , I like how they look just like the big tractors We have a MF165 and 1100 at the farm and store . Those Perkings start so easy . On the GT , where the hood mounts on the grill is a real weak spot . Also the trim around the front of the hood is all broke , but I think I found a source for a reproduction .  I'll get some pics soon .

• Like 1

JoeM

Ac that is a nice old tractor!

Started out with a simplicity, (monkey wards version), bought it used and ran along time. pretty good cut too!

• Like 1

ACman

Don't get me started on the monkey wards . There a Gilson built machine (I think) near me , and for the price it's real tempting . After seeing @KC9KAS Gilson I want one . Here's the one near me .

image.jpeg

Edited by ACman
  • Like 1

Wishin4a416

You are on a roll!!!!

953 nut

You need to see an optometrist, you are going color blind!        :ychain:           Truth be known, my first garden tractor was a '68 Massey Ferguson 10; at least it was RED!         :text-coolphotos:

• Like 1

ACman

Yea ,to much of a roll :laughing-rollingyellow: . There's lots of Horses for sale (more than any other brand) around me but no deals IMO :(  . Seems the ads with Horses just set there for weeks . They update the ad , but prices stay the same . The Simplicity and AC's are bringing good money too (more than the Horses) same with Massey . So when these tractors popped up this week , I jumped on them . Put this way , I could double my money on each tractor and still be under what there going for around here . Horses  :wh: are my favorite and always will be , but sometimes you half to stray from the herd , to get the right deal . Mentone and Scott's M&G are around the corner so who knows what will happen .  Priorities for know are my 702 and the Wheel Chair Horse .

• Like 1

DennisThornton

I find that the Simplicity/AC/MF line commands a higher price than comparable WHs around here.  Not sure why, especially since it's harder to outfit them with accessories but even though I like the looks of a WH far better I still want one!  Almost bought one with a mid-mount grader blade, since I want that attachment but the deal fell through.  Next time!

• Like 1

ACman

I talked with @perry before this purchase just to get a idea of its worth . He told me the wheel weights alone are worth what I paid . If the mower deck checks out to be a 48" for a pre 70's tractor he said its worth $$$ . So the tractor is just a bonus :woohoo: .  I too  like the looks of the Wheel Horse tractors better than the simplicity (especially the 70's/80's tractors) . But with that being said , around the surrounding area its predominantly simplicity . Sure wish I knew how many the hardware sold .

• Like 2

JoeM

Those are truly good finds, all the parts and pieces are there, survivors. All that Simplicity needs is detailed and its ready to show. 

perry

Deck looks to be the correct 42" . in the the sale pics it looked like a 48" . Tractor is a 1964-65 with a 9hp briggs engine .  all simplicity manuals are free to download. type in 990314 model number  here - https://www.simplicitymfg.com/na/en_us/support/manuals.html

Simplicity Large Frame Repair Manual - http://bsintek.basco.com/BriggsDocumentDisplay/default.aspx?filename=ifDDFO9jwJ9iGclRzOfEP5NRQpe

Edited by perry
add info
  • Like 2

Wheelin'theSky

Nice to see old iron that didn't get scrapped when prices were high.

Also nice to see the "style" in those old machines. Not just a soapbox on wheels.

Ken B

Now that Landlord is a nice one! The Briggs on that tractor sounds so nice with the original Nelson muffler..Original weights on it as well..