Johndeereelfman

My other collection

rjg854

That's quite the collection of JD's you've got there. And I'm impressed with your work on them, bringing them back to their glory. I'll be looking forward to what you do with the :wh:

• Like 3

rmaynard

I've always liked the looks of the little 110's, but never pulled the trigger when I had the opportunity to buy one. 

Great looking collection!

• Like 3

Terry M

Nice set of Tractors:handgestures-thumbupright: !!

My favorite is the 1966 112 with the front mounted air compressor..

• Like 2

Sparky

Nice collection....love that crusty loader tractor!

Mike.....

• Like 2

ACman

Ok ,got the kids on the charger10  :auto-layrubber: so here we go . I to felt like you , probably a little out of place . See grandpa and dad sold Aso I , know how you feel . You won't find a nicer bunch , than right here on  :rs:. So welcome ! We may give you a little  smack talk  , about those green and yellow things , but it's all in good fun . I'll even give you a pass just because I spied a AC ( heck I don't even own one ) . I will also warn you , this may not be your be your only horse . These :wh: seem to multiply , so don't be surprised if another one shows up . I also have to admit that I to like the round fender 110's . My cousin inherited his grandpas 63 all original 110 and it's a beauty . You have one heck of an collection  :handgestures-thumbupright: . Keep use posted , and there's no stupid questions . We also like lots of  :text-coolphotos: !!!

Edited by ACman
  • Like 3

KC9KAS

@Johndeereelfman Thanks for the photos!

I knew you were a JD guy from GTT, but I won't hold that against you! :ychain:

• Like 1

Johndeereelfman

Thanks for the compliments guys. As far as riding me goes, I was expecting to get some flack over here, but so far you guys are really taking it easy on me. Thanks!!

I've been on and off here the past couple of days, updating my RJ restoration post, and posting pictures here for you to see my other toys. I haven't checked out all of the posts and threads yet, but from what I've seen so far, I really like what I see and think you all are Great! Very nice group of people here and very supportive to each other. Whenever the "Big Show" comes back this way, I'm planning on attending just so I can shake hands with a few of you and get to know you all better. Keep up the great work here fellas!!!  

• Like 4

DennisThornton

Well!  You've got a lot of nerve showing up here!  And with all those green pictures!  

Of those wonderful tractors and attachments!  Man!  I wish my Wheel Horse collection was as full!  And I wish my little group included a "Green Tractor"!  Not my fault!  Darned things are hard to find around here!  And when I do they AIN'T cheap!  Pigments in the paint I hear!  <grin>  Fine tractors from what I gather!

Expect to take some "ribbing" here and there and to read some disparaging remarks about Deeres running away from Wheel Horses, but I'm pretty sure that some of us have some "Green Tractors" somewhere in the background!  I certainly intend to the first good chance I get!  Blew the last chance...  well, I didn't but it got blown anyhow...

Thanks for sharing all those pictures and I LOVE the air compressor!

• Like 1

Marv

Nice.

I must caution you to not let the red and green ones get to close together. Might wind up with hybrids.

Marvin

• Like 3

Wheel-N-It

Really enjoyed seeing your collection of JD's.   You've had a very busy 27 years. My own JD collection consisted of one, a 1969 140H3. It now belongs to a very good friend who grew up around the two big greens here, JD and Oliver. 

Let me say thank you for becoming a Supporter of RS. Hopefully we will meet at next year's Big Show

• Like 1

T-Mo

Troy, I always like seeing pictures of your collection.  I amazed at your dedication to finding all years, all models.  Most here probably don't know how rare a '63 110 is or how even rarer a '66 112H is.  Those are the holy grails of the round fender JDs.  Production numbers on those models are very low, so finding them is difficult.  And when you do, they cost a lot.  For instance, a '63 110 recently came up for sale on WFM: http://www.wfmachines.com/forums/showthread.php/69210-1963-110-With-Deck  $3500 in it's rusty, current condition.

I have had the green fever for years now, but I haven't been as dedicated to a certain model or year range.  I have had several RF 110s, a couple of RF 112s, a 318, a 316 Onan, a couple of 214s, a couple of 210s, a 208, a 430, a 140H1, a 445, etc. I have narrowed down my JD collection to just my '66 110, my '04 GX345, a 717 zero turn that I used to mow with, and a '06 X320 that my wife won't let me get rid of.  I would love to have a 140H3 or a RF 110H, but just haven't really been looking seriously for either.

I also had several Cub Cadets in the past during my yellow and white phase.  I had several 104s, a 122, a couple of 123s, a 1250, a 1641 and a couple of newer 2135s.  For some reason the 104s seem to be plentiful in my area.  A friend of my has over 20 Cub Cadets, most of them the narrow frames and yes, he has several 104s.  He personally likes the 70 and 100s the best, as those are probably the most collectible.

I like the old Cases and Ingersolls and wouldn't mind having one.  You can still get a big wheel Ingersoll new as those are still in production by Eastman Industries.

Maybe some day I will post pictures of all the tractor's I've owned that I still have pictures of.

• Like 2

oliver2-44

Great looking green Collection.  i mowed on a green one for almost 30 years before I ever saw or heard of a red WH. i was looking for a green round fender to restore and somehow ended up coming across a WH. 

In the end, I like all colors of tractors!

• Like 2

T-Mo

I forgot a few of the JDs I used to own.  I had a few square fender 110s, a couple of '68s and a '74.  I also had a 66, a 68 and a RX75 rear engine riders, a 108, a couple of 111s, a 112L, a LT133, a LT150 and a GT245, all John Deeres.  I had a Ford YT16H or something like that.

As for Wheel Horses, I had a '98 314-8, a '79 C-141 Automatic, a '81 C-125 Automatic and a '63 753.  Now I have 3 Wheel Horses, if you want to count the poor 401 that I'm working on, along with a 551 and a '88 416-8.  I would gladly trade the 401 project and the 551 for a nice running 753, my favorite Wheel Horse.

• Like 1

stevasaurus

Outstanding collection Troy.  I go to a lot of tractor shows, and I have learned to appreciate them all.  Thank you for sharing your collection.  :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

fireman

Great looking collection! You'll get no grief from me for I too really like the older Deere's and have had a bunch (110, 112 ertc.) over the years. Unfortunately I have sold them all off and just have my 318 left. This is my worker and i'll never get rid off it. I take my fair share of ribbing for having those "Green" tractors but like you I know how great and reliable they are and they just can't be beat as far as I'm concerned.

DSCN1110.JPG

• Like 1

briankd

nothing wrong with a little green. use the same kouler  K181 as my 857. inherited this from my father in-law when he passed he got it free from his neibor.  I been mowing with it now for a year since I  retired my 857 from mowing. nice running tractor and mows grass real well. looked up serial number it is a 1970. mine 067.JPGi have did some paint work to it since this pic it looks almost new now.mine 069.JPG

• Like 2

T-Mo
8 hours ago, briankd said:

nothing wrong with a little green. use the same kouler  K181 as my 857. inherited this from my father in-law when he passed he got it free from his neibor.  I been mowing with it now for a year since I  retired my 857 from mowing. nice running tractor and mows grass real well. looked up serial number it is a 1970. mine 067.JPGi have did some paint work to it since this pic it looks almost new now.mine 069.JPG

Nice looking tractors, both red and green.

• Like 1

CasualObserver

@Johndeereelfman That is definitely one fantastic collection!  I know there are very few collectors who can claim to have a full set of round fenders! 

For you (or anyone who didn't know) that same air compressor was available from the manufacturer as an allied attachment. I've never seen one in picture or person other than the literature though.... so if you think the JD one is rare... try to find one mounted on a :wh: !

fliteway.JPG

found a better pic from the literature in an old post here.....http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/topic/22002-wheelhorse-aircompressor/?do=findComment&comment=191489 

fliteway2.jpg

• Like 3

T-Mo

Video of a 20 air compressor running on a JD 110 round fender:

• Like 2

Terry M
1 hour ago, CasualObserver said:

For you (or anyone who didn't know) that same air compressor was available from the manufacturer as an allied attachment. I've never seen one in picture or person other than the literature though.... so if you think the JD one is rare... try to find one mounted on a :wh: !

And I thought that was a home made thing. In my eyes, I think those are a very cool attachment!!!  As rare as it is, I will keep an eye out for one of those for a horse...you never know what one might stumble across .B)

• Like 1

Johndeereelfman

Other than what is already shown above, here are some of my other attachments and accessories:

Numerous Sets of Headlights:

kids and lights 007.JPG

Model 30 Rotary Tiller: (currently being restored)

kitchen and attachments 032.JPG

Model 31 Rotary Tiller:

kitchen and attachments 004.JPG

(3) Soft Side Cab Enclosures:

kitchen and attachments 005.JPG

kitchen and attachments 006.JPG

kitchen and attachments 007.JPG

kitchen and attachments 008.JPG

kitchen and attachments 021.JPG

Model 541 and 542 PTO Units:

kitchen and attachments 009.JPG

540 PTO 001.JPG

Numerous Sets of Wheel Weights and Frame Weights:

kitchen and attachments 017.JPG

Flat Fender Front Weight Bracket:

kitchen and attachments 018.JPG

Adapter to Mount Flat Fender Blade to Round Fender:

kitchen and attachments 019.JPG

Adapter to Mount Round Fender Blade to Flat Fender:

March 7, 2015 003.JPG

Adapter to Mount Round Fender Snowthrower to Flat Fender:

Attachments 013.JPG

Model 80 Dump Cart with Model 40 Lawn-Vac System:

kitchen and attachments 020.JPG

Miscellaneous 14 483.JPG

Round Fender Integral Hitches:

kitchen and attachments 033.JPG

Flat Fender Integral Hitch:

kitchen and attachments 036.JPG

N.O.S. Tractor Cover:

kitchen and attachments 034.JPG

Numerous Sets of Flat Faced Rims:

kitchen and attachments 042.JPG

(2) Model 42 6-way Front Blades:

Attachments 003.JPG

kitchen and attachments 031.JPG

Numerous Umbrella's:

Attachments 005.JPG

Attachments 006.JPG

Attachments 007.JPG

Attachments 008.JPG

Model 8 Dump Cart:

Attachments 009.JPG

(2) Suburbia 3-Bow Canopies:

Attachments 010.JPG

Attachments 011.JPG

Attachments 012.JPG

Model 31T Lawn Sweeper:

Birthday and Sweeper 077.JPG

Numerous Varies Sized Mower Decks:

Miscellaneous 14 140.JPG

Numerous Sets of Hub Caps:

Tiller Parts Dimensions 001.JPG

Flat Fender Headlight/Blank Panels:

kitchen and attachments 037.JPG

kitchen and attachments 039.JPG

Early and Later Model 36 Snowthrowers:

March 7, 2015 008.JPG

5B Sprayer:

Attachments 001.JPG

Blitz Fogger:

DSCN4953.JPG

Motorola AM Fender Mount Radio:

Miscellaneous 14 125.JPG

10" Brinly Plow:

Miscellaneous 14 168.JPG

(4) Model 80 Dump Carts: (one pictured above)

DSCN5763.JPG

Oh, did I mention tires of all brand manufactures, tread types, and widths along with front and rear rims of all sizes that would have been available back in the day?

Miscellaneous 14 138.JPG 

kitchen and attachments 028.JPG

I don't have pictures yet, but I also have a Model 31 and a Model 33 Rotary Tiller, and a Model 50 Dump Cart.  

Edited by Johndeereelfman
  • Like 2

T-Mo

Troy,

You do have quite the collection.  I'm envious of all the stuff you have.  Makes me want to go and find more round fenders and their attachments.

• Like 2

Wishin4a416

Wow! Very nice collection.

• Like 1

Walt

I was looking at this thread this morning while listening to news and drinking my coffee. By the end of viewing the pictures of your collection (nice collection by the way) two thoughts came to mind. The first thought was about the hoarding vs collecting thread of a week or so ago. The second thought was made up of three parts. a) If you get the WH bug as bad as you got the JD bug your going to need a second barn. b ) WH tractors and part might become scares in you region of the country. c) I may need to invest in a couple of paint companys. ;)   

• Like 1