953 nut

:text-coolphotos:                 I like the flipped frame lowering job, by the Big Show 2017 you should have that lead sled ready to go Krusin! 

• Like 3

ACman

:text-yeahthat:, Build it Ed ! 

• Like 2

squonk

That hood looks kinda cool that way. If only you could find some tiny teardrop lights for the corners.

• Like 1

Ed Kennell
1 hour ago, 953 nut said:

Big Show 2017 you should have that lead sled ready to go Krusin! 

I may have to watch my diet this winter so I can squeeze my rear into the bucket next summer.

20 minutes ago, squonk said:

That hood looks kinda cool that way. If only you could find some tiny teardrop lights for the corners.

That hood was off a raider that did a back flip off a trailer resulting in a mashed steering wheel and a  hood and grill was folded together.  This was one hood I didn't hesitate to cut up.

BTW, The flipped  Raider with new hood and wheel is alive and well.

• Like 5

DougC

Put some drag slicks on and add a canopy over that sunken bucket seat  and get ready to do a burn out with that :wh: custom top fuel dragster!!!   And

:wwp:                                          

Edited by DougC
  • Like 5

AMC RULES

Shouldn't the rollcage dictate...

using the 22hp twin.   :dunno:

• Like 6

bmsgaffer

:text-yeahthat:

:auto-layrubber:

• Like 2

DennisThornton

Well, looks like I'm going to have to "Follow" this!

• Like 3

953 nut

:text-coolphotos:   Padded arm rests!   :woohoo:

• Like 4

ACman

I likey!!! :confusion-helpsos: ... I just fell out chair , that thing is going to be :wicked: and your wondering what engine you should use !

• Like 4

DougC

What size chute are you going to deploy at the finish line to slow down that HF Predator beast?    :auto-checkeredflag:

19richie66

Looks cool!

• Like 1

Ed Kennell
1 hour ago, DougC said:

What size chute are you going to deploy at the finish line to slow down that HF Predator beast?    :auto-checkeredflag:

PARACHUTE FOR DRAG RACE DOOR CAR COMBO KIT        This should stop CRAZY HORSE.

• Like 4

Ed Kennell

Got all the major parts pretty much in position.    Got the front axle and steering figured out.  Still need to get an engine and build a clutch.

IMG_6376.JPG

IMG_6377.JPG

• Like 9

19richie66

That looks very cool Ed! I like the way you chopped the grille.

953 nut

:text-coolphotos:  Ed, it is a good thing you are so slim, several of us couldn't get out of that seat,  :ychain:    I like the hood scoop, the ram air effect should be good for high speed crusin.    :handgestures-thumbupright:

elcamino/wheelhorse

Ed , what size engine are you going to stuff in there? Have you made provisions for a 4 pt seat belt ? :auto-swerve:

953 nut
14 minutes ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

provisions for a 4 pt seat belt ?

Don't forget to make provisions for a chute!

winternationals-drag-race-the-dean-moon-mooneyes-dragster-pops-the-picture-id163090541

Ed Kennell
45 minutes ago, 19richie66 said:

That looks very cool Ed! I like the way you chopped the grille.

That hood was on a wrecked Raider Richie.  The hood and grill were folded together at the headlight opening  when I bought it, so It was a good candidate for a chop job.  I just cut out the wrinkled area and welded it back together.

32 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

:text-coolphotos:  Ed, it is a good thing you are so slim, several of us couldn't get out of that seat,  :ychain:    I like the hood scoop, the ram air effect should be good for high speed crusin.    :handgestures-thumbupright:

If I don't lay off the pies, I may not fit either.  Pretty easy to cut the back panel and move the fenders out for wider bottoms....if necessary.

Not sure the ram will give me anymore HP, but if I go with a big K series, the scoop will cover the spark plug that will be sticking thru the hood.

29 minutes ago, elcamino/wheelhorse said:

Ed , what size engine are you going to stuff in there? Have you made provisions for a 4 pt seat belt ? :auto-swerve:

Haven't decided yet Jim.   Kinda waiting for something with some HP to show up.        Yeah, I have some ideas for the 4 point and a seat ejector.

17 minutes ago, 953 nut said:

Don't forget to make provisions for a chute!

winternationals-drag-race-the-dean-moon-mooneyes-dragster-pops-the-picture-id163090541

Got it Dick....check post #16.

• Like 1

oliver2-44

Cool build!

how about a rocket engine nozzle on the rear,,,,,,,or go the olher way and put a bib wind up key on it!

• Like 1

Ed Kennell

Hard to believe It's been 2 months since I worked on this project.

I got the boat winterized and put away for the winter this morning so the low rider project got some attention this afternoon.

I had bought a non runner C-105 a few weeks  ago  just for the 8 speed for the  LRer.

It actually had a K321AS transplanted that the PO said hadn't run for years.

After chasing grounds or lack of grounds for quite a while, I finally got fire and got it running by hand feeding fuel in the carb.

IMG_6413.JPG

This is what I found in the totally plugged tank shut off valve.

IMG_6419.JPG

It has a Walbro carb, so I didn't even check it out...just bought a new one from the jungle for $35.  

I hooked up a high temporary tank and It starts and runs perfect with no smoke,  so the 321 is going in the LRer

So this afternoon, the transplant began...

The first job ...not my favorite...was to remove the hitch from the 8 speed.IMG_6492.JPG

Then remove the 8 speed.

IMG_6495.JPG

Fit up the seat pan and fenders.

IMG_6498.JPGIMG_6500.JPG

Then Pulled the engine out of the C-105.

IMG_6497.JPG

Man I hope I can stuff that under the hood!

That's all for today folks....Mrs K is calling me for dinner.

IMG_6493.JPG

IMG_6494.JPG

IMG_6499.JPG

• Like 8

953 nut

:text-coolphotos:                       The shift levers will be a bit cozy!    :scared-eek:                Don't stop too fast.      :ychain:

• Like 3