Gene_S

10th Annual Mentone Show & Swap Meet

Gene_S

Hi everyone... It's time again for the fall Mentone Show & Swap Meet... The dates for the show & swap are Friday Sept16th and Sat Sept 17th. Both days there will be breakfast and lunch items available to purchase. There will be a raffle to help support the cost of using the park and paying for any associated items to keep the show running. 

Ken Stephens and I are looking forward to people bringing their tractors to show, pretty and shiny or rough and rusty!!! Also bring any items you'd like to sell or trade, tractors, tractor parts or even the kitchen sink! Note: there is a $5.00 per day fee for selling your items. Again to help pay for things to keep the spring swap and fall show and swap going.

Also there will be camping allowed and you can even bring your stuff to set up Thursday the 15th if you'd like. There is no electricity available at this time. 

The address for the event is:
3519 S State Road 19 Mentone Indiana
Note: it is north of State Road 25. GPS May take you south of 25 FYI

If anyone has any questions please contact either Ken at 574-607-7694 or me at 513-319-3640

Hope to see everyone there!!! :-)

Edited by Gene_S
  • Like 3

whfan74

Can't wait!  Always a great time!!

Thanks for hosting again!

jdleach

Have wanted to go for the last two years. With a little luck, I might be able to make it this year.

jdleach

Having never been to the Mentone shows, I am curious as to how large it is, and how many vendors there will be. The reason I ask, is that I am in the market for a snow plow, tiller, and possibly a tractor. Therefore I am thinking of towing the trailer along. 

• Like 1

whfan74

I will have everything but the tiller available.  Usually a real good turnout of stuff.

• Like 1

Molon_Labe

Looking forward to it, might even bring a couple of round hoods! Just hope the rain holds off, as I recall the last 3 have had rain so it's time for some nice weather for a change! The law of averages should be in our favor!.

fabricator2009

Just a week away now. Looking forward to seeing everyone. I'm looking for a pull behind lawn vac if someone has one that they are wanting to sell.

jdleach

Looks like I will be able to go. Weather should cooperate, at least on Friday. National Weather says Friday should be mostly sunny, high of 75. Saturday has a 50% chance of precip. and mostly cloudy.

Edited by jdleach

ztnoo

So...........who plans to attend????

Friday looks like the preferable day to moi, weather wise.

Saturday in April was like rush hour at Grand Central Station because we all knew the weather was closing in fast and was going to go to hell.......which it did.

Friday sounds like The Day for us travelers, IMO.

To each his own.

Major, IMHO, Friday would be The Day to attend.

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=41.1734&lon=-86.0347#.V9ctnzU01EA

9359turbo

Hi All, not the most active forum user here but I do jump on now and then for ideas. Anyhow, Dad and I have been discussing reducing some of our collection and plan to be at Mentone Fri and Sat. I included a Dropbox link to some photos of what we’ll be bringing in case anyone could use a preview (if you don’t have a Dropbox account just click “no thanks” at the bottom of the popup to view the photos.)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ehgwmkn7yy06wx8/AABtzxHlFErlriaOx99wzjB8a?dl=0

Big items on the list are a 60” deck for a 520H, 1077 automatic, and a Charger 12. I’ll also be bringing an ’02 315-8 with 42” deck in good condition, a Raider 10 for parts or a restore project, and a P220G for parts. And there is a decent collection of parts that could use a new home. I’m hoping I can fit everything on the trailer, fingers crossed.

Edited by 9359turbo
  • Like 1

T-Mo

I pulled the show pictures out and moved them to the Picture gallery, shows section.  You can find the pictures from the show here:

lapazleo

How was the turn out not real high Fri at noon rain and all.