Johndeereelfman

New Member from Lancaster County, PA

Johndeereelfman

This "red" site is all new to me, as I'm a big "green" machine collector. A few years ago I acquired my first wheel horse and since I'm finally getting around to restoring it, I joined up here to find out all that I can about this RJ. Hopefully you guys will accept me, and be willing to help me out if I find that I get stuck, even though my collection consists of all John Deere's.  

• Like 3

benji756

:banana-rock::text-welcomeconfetti::wwp:

• Like 1

N3PUY

:text-welcomeconfetti:

AND

:wwp:

Yeah .... pics of the RJ ...... I also have one.

• Like 1

tunahead72

Welcome aboard, and pay no attention to the Deere bashers here. :)

I just went to an auction in Bowmansville today, mostly to look at a '68 Wheel Horse Raider 12.  This particular place was right under the Sunoco sign on the turnpike, but I love driving in (most of) Lancaster County.

Looking forward to seeing your photos.

• Like 1

953 nut

:WRS:   It is never too late to see the light ( RED light that is!)      :wwp:

• Like 2

WHX??

:text-welcomeconfetti: to :rs:but do expect some good natured ribbing about the green & yellow thingys....:ychain:

• Like 1

Daddy Don

:text-welcomeconfetti::rolleyes:

• Like 1

WHX??

Oh by the way if you are a jd collector you probably frequent other sites and thus know how to post :text-coolphotos:

• Like 1

Johndeereelfman
3 minutes ago, WHX7 said:

Oh by the way if you are a jd collector you probably frequent other sites and thus know how to post :text-coolphotos:

I do know how to post photos, however the only tractors that I can post right now are green ones, as the only red tractor that I have is currently in pieces being restored. Wasn't sure you wanted to see green tractors posted so I've been holding off. If you want to see red parts, I can show you plenty of them! :lol:

9 minutes ago, WHX7 said:

:text-welcomeconfetti: to :rs:but do expect some good natured ribbing about the green & yellow thingys....:ychain:

I wouldn't have it any other way!! :D

WHX??

Post  away in the other brands section of yer jd's ...not to admit it but the clowns here like to see everything! As far as pieces the aforementioned clowns love puzzles :lol:

• Like 1

AMC RULES

:WRS:

• Like 1

Live4outdoors

Welcome aboard neighbor, I didn't know you green guys to ever put anything red in your shed around here in Lancaster county....grand pop was an IH man and use to say the only reason they painted the JDs green was when his broke down in the field all the time his neighbors couldn't see it...lol all in good fun!  Sounds like your going to have a nice machine can't wait to see those pictures!

• Like 1

JC 1965

Hello and    :WRS:

• Like 1

T-Mo

Welcome, Troy.  As you know, I'm a JD guy myself also, but do like the Wheel Horses also.  I just like good quality machines, which JD and WH both have.  My garage is filled pretty much now with a few green ones and 3 red ones.  In some ways, the square fender 110/112s, and the 200 series John Deeres use a similar setup for drive train and pto as the longer frame Wheel Horses. The Wheel Horses don't have the variator, but the setup is similar, side shaft engines with the belts routed to the deck and drive train.  Deere used a more direct belt routing for the decks than Wheel Horse, which used a setup for deck belt routing similar to CCs.  But a good quality machine comes in several different colors.

• Like 3

rjg854

:text-welcomeconfetti: to the corral :ychain:

• Like 1

Johndeereelfman

Thanks guys! I'm feeling right at home here. 

jay bee

:text-welcomewave: to :rs:

Jim

• Like 1

MAH

I like to see em all too. JD'd, Cubs, WH, farm tractors they are all good. My dad and I restored a 54 Chevy pu, and an early Farmall F-20. And it's great to have a fellow Lancaster Countian on here (I live in Stevens). Welcome to the lil red site, these guys here are great and helped me out a lot and my first restore has just begun. 

• Like 1

Mike'sHorseBarn

:WRS: :text-welcomeconfetti:  :greetings-waveyellow:

I believe i have seen this screen name on GTTALK as well so the format is very similar. I have a a few green machines as well so don't be ashamed! Although this is the first time I have mentioned it on here lol

• Like 1

DougC

Hello and :text-welcomeconfetti:  to  :rs:  Enjoy the forum!!    :)

• Like 1