Sign in to follow this  
dusted800

remove Hydro pump from D180

dusted800

Going to remove the hydro pump from my 75 D180.  Can anyone give me a quick run down on removing the pump.  do you remove it from underneath, or remove the motor, any info will help as I have no experience in doing this. thanks.  wk.

otrelwood

its easier to pull the engine forward unless you have little hands and a lot of patience I have reworked several of them and have big hands I found it easiest for me to move the engine forward then take the bolts out of the pump at the rear and pull the manifold with it  that way you can flip it over when you mount the manifold back to the pump there are 4 sets of o rings with backer rings kind of a pain to get them all in straight from underneath for me

pfrederi

Download the sundstrand manual from here.  It has step by step instructions on how to remove the pump.

Get your self a long allen 5/16" socket (^' long bit)  It will save a lot of frustration.

Edit if you have a FEL you may want to remove the mounting frame...Rear PTO gets in the way also...you can work around them but with an increased frustration level.  Wheel horse built D's around the pump. Removal isnt' a snap.

pump.JPG

socket.JPG

Edited by pfrederi