Sign in to follow this  
grinchsr

Lawn sweeper

grinchsr

Is there any parts value in a Wheel Horse sweeper?

Edited by CasualObserver
edited tags

CasualObserver

Are you talking about the pull behind? I don't know that I've ever seen one parted out. There's not much too them. I suppose it would depend if you have good pieces of the main wear items... in which case, it's probably more valuable as a whole anyway.  Any pictures?

And is your tag supposed to say Parker?  

grinchsr

Hello Jason     I picked up a 416 at a guys house and found an old WH sweeper under his deck with no tires on the wheels.  He was going to throw it out so I was going to grab it to see if any one needed any parts for there sweeper.  I tagged the post with Parker because I knew they were made by Parker

CasualObserver

If it has a good hamper with no holes on it I'd imagine someone may want that off of it... or at least the framework.  Could probably replace the wheels without too much trouble.

I edited your tags.... your original one said Parket   that's why I was asking.  Some later sweepers were made by Lambert.... I wasn't sure if you meant one or the other. ;) 

I like it when the tags are right.... as it catches similar topics at the bottom.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• sjoemie himself
      By sjoemie himself
      Hi all.
      This topic will be dedicated to the upgrades and modifications I'm going to do to my 512-D with sweeper attachment.
      The plan was to complete my mini IH 1468 before starting to work on the Wheel Horse but since the leaves are coming down quick I developed an 'itch' to get working on the Wheel Horse. 

First things first, I had to get it running again. New ignition switch and new inline fuse, aswell as cutting out all unnecessary (for now) stuff solved the non-running issue.

Dashboard wiring seems to be OK

This is a mess. Two unnecessary relais, one unnecessary switch and a bunch of unnecessary wires everywhere.

Next up will be a new battery and probably some modifications to the pto-clutch and new oil all around. Also I'm on the lookout for new filter elements for the oilbath filter for the Robin DY41D engine.

Done for now.

Major upgrades and or restoration will have to wait until after I finish the Murray to IH 1468 project.

Running again. Listen to that THUMP! 
      Almost forgot to mention.. probably needs some new rubber mounts 

Greetings from the Netherlands, Mark 

• sjoemie himself
      By sjoemie himself
      As requested some pictures of my 1986 Wheel Horse 512-D with sweeper attachment.

• DennisThornton
      By DennisThornton
      Wheel Horse Sweepster
      Started by 1978c81, Saturday at 11:55 AM

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/topic/58741-wheel-horse-sweepster/

There's some interest in the add-on grade wheels so I moved this out of the "Forsale" so some of us, and hopefully 1978C81 will join in the chatter and enlighten us!
    • Hodge71
      By Hodge71
      Plowed snow again today...It never ceases to amaze me how much these lil tractors do. The 18 Auto is down again...yeah I know...Imagine that...lol.... So Jebs Lil Charger 12 as he calls it has been pulling plow duty with its 42" blade. Heres a vid or 2 of it working and one from 6 months ago of it working at something a bit different around the farm.....

• KC9KAS
      By KC9KAS
      Made a 600 mile round trip to Huntsville Alabama on Friday to pick up a couple of Wheel Horse goodies.
      I know the routine, so here are the photos!

Lawn Sweepers

Sweeper ID plates

Garden Plow

No idea what this is....