Bigfish

520-h 48" deck and 4 hubcaps

Bigfish

So im back with another whats it worth. Found a 520-h 986hrs on it 48" deck and 4 hubcaps. What do you think a good price is? The guy is asking $650.

Screenshot_20160714-192859.png

Edited by Bigfish
  • Like 5

AMC RULES

• Like 2

mels

Yup I wouldn't mind coming across one priced like that.  Looks to have the makings of a good mowing machine.

• Like 1

Tankman

$650 excellent price.

• Like 2

roadapples

Complete steering set up with front wheels will bring $400...  Great price if the engine is OK..

• Like 1

Bigfish

I think its a good price too. However the wife has vetoed the purchase unless I get rid of one of the herd. Not sure i can off load a horse that quick nore am i sure about which one. I know the 754 isnt going, the Charger 12 is my fav, the 875 I just picked up wedneaday, the 312-8 is my cruser and the C160 is crushed waiting for parts. Err 

• Like 2

Uncle Buck
6 hours ago, Bigfish said:

I think its a good price too. However the wife has vetoed the purchase unless I get rid of one of the herd. Not sure i can off load a horse that quick nore am i sure about which one. I know the 754 isnt going, the Charger 12 is my fav, the 875 I just picked up wedneaday, the 312-8 is my cruser and the C160 is crushed waiting for parts. Err 

It must be the female mind that says when I (the male) bring something new home (not counting shoes, dresses or girlie stuff) then I must select a toy from those I already have and get rid of it! Fortunately to her exasperation I think my wife has finally given up on such directives and simply settled for occasionally grumbling and complaining about my junk etc, etc, etc. I think she knows I really hate her grumbling and complaining but sadly for her Only rarely have I ever taken the bait when she has done such trolling for a squabble. I find humor in that though and just stay mum, :mellow: show no emotion as she rants :bitch:then go about my way. She had to know that marrying a man that was 36 and had all those years alone to develop machine and tool addictions the chances of changing that man would be slim to none!

I will say I am fortunate though, I know my wife has no love for my tools, machines, and various treasures but at least most of the time she is smart enough to know my addiction to tools, machinery and generally old stuff will probably never comply with her wishes until I croak. For example she knew before we married that she could have her say in the house, but those wishes stopped at the boundaries of the house and do not, nor ever will, extend the 70 feet to my garage/shop. I made it crystal clear before we married that I would not be with a woman that figured she would have me steppin and fetchin on her schedule. I have never done that to her and I expect the same courtesy in return. She may not like it, but she knew going in my shop stuff is not her concern. Well, let me qualify that. I try to never abuse our budget buying toys, and generally what I spend is of less concern to her than the fact that I am dragging more stuff home!

Edited by Uncle Buck
  • Like 4

DougC

Just do what I would do. Buy it anyway and either hide it or like the advice I gave another member in a post the other day tell her you bought it for her so you could spend more time togather or some line of crap like that......And in your case, you better duck!!!    :lol:

• Like 3

Kurt-NEPA
13 hours ago, Bigfish said:

However the wife has vetoed the purchase unless I get rid of one of the herd.

I've got that problem too.  I've found 3 tractors now that I want and got vetoed each time with the comment "which one are getting rid off"  But I think for the price of this one, I would just get it and beg forgiveness later.  My time in the dog house might only be a few months.

• Like 3

elcamino/wheelhorse

man I must be lucky , my wife did not know how many horses I  own until she  asked the other night. When I said 5 , I think her eyes rolled but I not get "The Stare"  . God help me if she ever tours the work shop.

Edited by elcamino/wheelhorse
  • Like 2

Bigfish

I try and stay out of the dog house. My bread is buttered pretty good. She let me know why the veto on the 520 and its because it breaks my own rule of no more than $250 for a project. Which hit home because im a certified cheep ass. She did however approve the $225 purchase of a 71 bronco 14 with a good deck, snow/dirt blade, chains and plow. So all things considered we made up, i got a new tractor come tomorrow and ill live to deal another day. Lol. If anyone in Indiana or elseware that wants to drive is intrested in the 520 pm me and ill pass the guys number on. All I ask is some wheel horse love in return. Got that crushed C160 to nurse back to health you know :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 3

Bigfish

Well the Bronco 14 was a bust. Got there and the darn thing had a pool of trany fluid under it that the guy just happened to not mention. Its leaking from the main transmission gasket. Looks like someone had it apart at one point and made their own gasket out of silicone caulk. I may go back for it if replacing that gasket isnt too expensive or labor intensive. Other than that it was a solid tractor. Hydro lift and electric pto worked great engine was strong and the deck was in okay shape. 

On a brighter note since i was out that way all ready with the wife we stopped to look at the 520h and she told me to buy it.:woohoo: I love my wife. 

• Like 3

Tankman

All agree price is right. However "thin the herd"? Impossible.

The signs of severe WHA (Wheel Horse Addiction) are apparent.

You can use the tested reason for adding to the herd.

"Honest my gorgeous lady, the poor Stallion followed me home."

:icecream::icecream::icecream:

• Like 3

DougC
29 minutes ago, Bigfish said:

the darn thing had a pool of trany fluid under it that the guy just happened to not mention.

Yeah, funny how they always forget that little stuff that ends up costing a small fortune. Normally they have them parked on the grass so they hope you won't detect the leak till after you haul it home and they have the $..........  :angry-nono:

• Like 3

cleat

I sell off some of my parts and show the wife what money I made. She then does not complain when I spend money on more machines.

• Like 3

Bigfish

Got the deck on and mowed a little and boy is it quiet and smooth and the stearing is so easy and quick. The forward and reverse lever is not staying where i put it though it keeps working its way back down to stop. 

cleat

Just need to tighten the nut under the seat on the hydro cam.

You will see what I mean then you tilt the seat up them move the motion lever.

• Like 3

Kurt-NEPA

Go easy on that cam nut.  Too much and you can't move the speed control arm and too little and you the lever won't stay in place.  Just gotta find the sweet spot.

• Like 2

cleat

Or better yet, one of Matt's foot control kits and leave that nut loose.

• Like 1

Bigfish

Now to figure out there this grey wire goes.  

20160716_215343.jpg

Bigfish
28 minutes ago, cleat said:

Or better yet, one of Matt's foot control kits and leave that nut loose.

Where do i get one of those?

cleat

Grey wire is the tach wire I believe and it connects to the voltage regulator AC input.

The AC inputs are the two sides of the regulator with the DC power coming out of the center terminal.

Connect to the terminal closest to the battery then plug the white wire into the grey wire.

If the tach still does not work, try the other AC terminal.

Matt's kit is here 

I currently have 3 of these and will likely soon have 4. Best upgrade I have ever done to a Wheel horse hydro. Makes driving them so nice and smooth.

Bigfish
29 minutes ago, cleat said:

Grey wire is the tach wire I believe and it connects to the voltage regulator AC input.

The AC inputs are the two sides of the regulator with the DC power coming out of the center terminal.

Connect to the terminal closest to the battery then plug the white wire into the grey wire.

If the tach still does not work, try the other AC terminal.

Matt's kit is here 

I currently have 3 of these and will likely soon have 4. Best upgrade I have ever done to a Wheel horse hydro. Makes driving them so nice and smooth.

I was looking in the electrical section lastnight and the regulator is throwing me off. On all the drawings and feed back I read what you discribed is right on. But looking at what I have going on is throwing me off. The two closest terminals to the battery have black wires and the furthest has a red wire. 

cleat

Sounds like someone has mixed up the wires.

Kurt-NEPA

Gray Wire

520H Charging and Tach Circuit.jpg