CasualObserver

Dealer List

Ahead of the Curve

Pictures of Wheel Horse Rack still inside of Heindl Implements - Reese MI  even to this day. Go see them, they love talking to Wheel Horse Owners and helping out. 

IMG_20210517_132637644.jpg

IMG_20210517_132815684.jpg

• Like 3
  • Excellent 3

KrazeyOlDave

My hometown dealer is still going!

Stanley Lawn and Garden

Marshall Michigan 

32C4CD9B-142D-4990-8DE8-DA958ECDAE7E.png

Edited by KrazeyOlDave
  • Like 4

tunahead72

Nice, I love when these dealers mention Wheel Horse as one of the brands they service. :wh:

• Like 2

jay bee

Have been to Stanley’s several times. He is a true professional. Knows his Wheel Horses and willing to give advice when you ask. 

tractorbeast

Wadsworth Tractor, Medina County Ohio, Wadsworth Oh 44281  - Open

I have no history or info on this business, but place has been open since I've lived in this town 40 years

• Like 2

tunahead72

I picked up a 1988 310-8 recently:

IMG_1379.JPG.51a347d94f412de2ea96de008bf54e70.JPG

Here's the key ring I received with the tractor.  It reads "Howard W. Miller" in Mohrsville PA, which is about an hour north of where I bought the tractor.  On Google Maps, there's a Miller's Lawn Mower Services in Mohrsville, same phone number, and the photo there from 2019 clearly shows a faded sign listing Wheel Horse.  Can anybody confirm whether they're still in business?

IMG_1395.JPG.7392ea5fb8d64a7f3ccaa417531bbcae.JPG

There's three other dealer labels on this tractor.  There's two on the sides of the hood that I haven't been able to read yet.  And there's a label on the deck that shows Mast Mower Co. in Oley PA, which @varosd already showed in post #10 of this thread -- I don't believe they're still in business, can anybody confirm?

• Like 2

Roger R

Surprised this one never showed up. Carmody Engine Service was a was a fixture for Wheel Horse sales and service for many years in the area.  Long since out of business.

WH 1981-3-23.jpg

• Like 3

echris

When I was a kid I worked at Argento & Sons in White Plains NY. That's where I feel in love with WH. They were a WH, Toro, Bobcat, Lawnboy, Little Wonder, Stihl dealer.

Still around today.

• Like 2

76c12091520h

Closed 

20211025_205126[1].jpg

• Like 1

Jennifer

E5016F2B-D2D9-45FD-AF3B-AB04F08A3BF0.jpeg

• Like 1

Sparky

This decal was stuck on a snow blade I picked up last weekend.

97DC0A13-3AA8-4882-8766-800E21F9134F.jpeg

• Like 5

c-series don

@SparkyI JUST sold a C-175 automatic YESTERDAY from that dealer! I had the tractor for years and decided I was not going to do anything with it so I sold it to a friend of mine. 

• Excellent 1
  • Heart 1

JCM

Sometimes it's very hard to let things go isn't @c-series don  Sometimes I watch things I sold go out the driveway, and other times I look away. Then start second guessing myself as to why. Sometimes you just can't keep things forever. So, if you ever want to sell that 420, let me know.    :ROTF:    Then I will have to sell a few or more WH's    :thumbs:  But I would for that 420.

• Thanks 1

c-series don

@JCM I really wasn’t sad about letting this one go because I realized that I don’t have the time to get it running properly and it was the only tractor I have that was outside. A friend of mine is starting to get into Wheel Horses and got excited when I mentioned getting rid of it. I told him to take it, see if he can get it running good and give me what he thinks is a fair price. I let him know that I drove it to where it was parked and the transmission is strong, also let him know that a good hydro transmission and hydraulic lift is worth $250. I’m sure he’ll do the right thing, I’ve known him for over 35 years. I really hope he gets it running so it can once again make someone happy! 

• Like 1
  • Excellent 2
  • Heart 1

limekiln1988
On 9/21/2021 at 10:49 AM, tunahead72 said:

I picked up a 1988 310-8 recently:

IMG_1379.JPG.51a347d94f412de2ea96de008bf54e70.JPG

Here's the key ring I received with the tractor.  It reads "Howard W. Miller" in Mohrsville PA, which is about an hour north of where I bought the tractor.  On Google Maps, there's a Miller's Lawn Mower Services in Mohrsville, same phone number, and the photo there from 2019 clearly shows a faded sign listing Wheel Horse.  Can anybody confirm whether they're still in business?

IMG_1395.JPG.7392ea5fb8d64a7f3ccaa417531bbcae.JPG

There's three other dealer labels on this tractor.  There's two on the sides of the hood that I haven't been able to read yet.  And there's a label on the deck that shows Mast Mower Co. in Oley PA, which @varosd already showed in post #10 of this thread -- I don't believe they're still in business, can anybody confirm?

Hello, from the Pottstown/Gilbertsville area! Just came across this forum while trying to find any information on Mast Mower Service. I do not own any Wheel Horses, but have a Deere, Simplicity/Deutz, and Cub garden tractor collection. I hopped on here and created an account to try to answer some dealership questions, as I am very interested about local SE, PA Dealerships.

To reply to your comment, Mast Mower Service was put up for sale around 1985, and the owner retired around 1989. He passed away pretty recently, within the past 10 years or so. They were located at 1066 Memorial HWY, Oley Pa. For quick reference, it was near the Weis in Oley, or the 662 and Freidensburg RD intersection. They were also a Polaris dealer. Guess they'd be the competitor/different offering for garden tractors in the Oley area, alongside CJ Wonsidler's and Pikeville Equipment.

Miller's Lawnmower's Service in Mohrsville is still open, and still has the WH sign on their website: https://www.millerslawnmowerservice.com/

When I initially read this post, that name looked familiar; turns out my friend's Toro made 416H was originally sold from there.

Hope this answers some questions for you! I enjoyed answering them, and thank you for posting this discussion!

-Joseph

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3

rjg854

:WRS:  @limekiln1988 and thanks for that information 

• Like 1

chev0545

i bought my first wh from rishels in 1985 310-8

• Excellent 1

WHX??

Your losing it Sparky ...it's pinned at the top of tractors  .... called dealer list. That is a nice collection tho. 

• Like 1
  • Excellent 1
  • Haha 6

ebinmaine

Very cool

• Like 1

AMC RULES

Yep, kinda hard to find when it's been pinned to the top for a decade.  :confusion-shrug:

• Haha 2

Retired Wrencher

Nice collection of stickers Mike. Sad that it is not like that now.

squonk
10 hours ago, Sparky said:

I swear we had a thread for decals… not sure where it is or if it even exists, or maybe I’m just to lazy to dig. 
  Either way, here a few I have snapped with my phone. 
  The last one that says CV Piece is huge! I personally wouldn’t be to happy to find a dealer sticker that huge slapped in my tractor :eek:

Maybe a mod or Admin will be along to merge it! :teasing-poke:

• Haha 2

squonk
2 hours ago, AMC RULES said:

Yep, kinda hard to find when it's been pinned to the top for a decade.  :confusion-shrug:

Even I knew it was there! :rolleyes:

• Haha 2

Sparky

Damn! Tough crowd here! 

I’ll move it to the correct thread. Be warned, if any of you ever make a mistake here I’ll be all over ya like stink on you know what :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5
  • Heart 1