CasualObserver

Dealer List

tunahead72

While researching my grandparent's store I found this vintage Wheel Horse add from a newspaper dated March 30, 1969.  My grandparents owned Brant's Farm and Garden Center in Somerset, PA and sold Wheel Horse tractors from approximately 1968 until the mid 1970's. 

Nice, RedRider, and :WRS:

Do you know about the BIG Wheel Horse show in Biglerville/Arendtsville every June?

• Like 1

Hendricksn

In pa there's:

Leisers rentals. In Easton pa. They're still open

In nj:

Bruce's mower service. Still open, phillipsburg nj

And

Bookmans. In warren county nj

Hope this helps the list

In pa there's:

Leisers rentals. In Easton pa. They're still open

In nj:

Bruce's mower service. Still open, phillipsburg nj

And

Bookmans. In warren county nj

Hope this helps the list

rtfbg

Jack's Wheel Horse, Sarver PA ... still listed in the phone book with the same name.  Bought a 1978 D200 there, plus tons of parts over the years.

WHorse1054

Civali Hardware Meriden, CT 

Navig8r

Hutchinson's Equipment was on Rt 82 Hopewell Jct., NY 12533  Ben's Auto repair is at that site now.

The 310-8 we had when I was a kid, as well as my Grandpa's 416-H that I have now both came from them.

Not sure when they closed, but I believe mid-late '90s

DanPatch

Gruel Brothers in Crown Point Indiana. Since 1938.They are still open Toro and Sthil dealer. They have been very helpful with finding parts that are still available through Toro. But when I ask about the wheel horse days I just get that was a long time ago. 

papaglide

From the sticker on the back of the tractor that I just got:

Ken's Service & Sales

Wheel Horse - Ariens

Lawn boy - Echo

8351 Clinton Street, Elma NY

Only about 40 minutes from the house. Still open selling Ariens, Husqvarna, Gravely, Ski-Doo, Can-Am, Spyder and Kawasaki cycles.

Edited by papaglide

wfrpalm

Miller Lawn & Garden in Garretsville recently burned down, Krichbaum Lock & Mower in Youngstown is not listed anywhere.

Row Cropper

I made the following post but still do not see this dealer listed in the lists by state.  Please add them!

Posted by Row Cropper on 13 December 2013 - 02:13 AM in Wheel Horse Tractors

I have been using Michael's Mower's at Houston, Ohio for over 30 years. They are the best in western Ohio for Wheel Horse knowledge, parts and repair.  I drive past a couple other "authorized" Toro dealers on my way to Houston, but every time I try one of them the answer is always the same, "We can order that part for you".  I can order parts all day on the internet, but sometimes I want it right now and Michael's never disappoints me!  They currently sell new equipment and I frankly can't tell you the brands because everytime I go in the conversation is about WHEEL HORSE!

stratostar250

When I got my 310-8 I had received with it, all original paperwork, including a receipt for the tractor from:

Colonial Power Equipment

849 Main St. Rt. 25

Monroe, CT.

and on the 1977 brochure I uploaded here:

on the front page, there is a sticker for

Linett Hardware

375 Main St.

Ansonia, CT

I have no clue if either are still in buisness or not though.
hope this helps the list! :handgestures-thumbupright:

Edited by stratostar250

64s

Linett Hardware closed up 20 years ago, give or take a couple of years.  I think Colonial is now Executive Power,  and there's also L & R, also on Main St Monroe (down near Trumbull side).  I love L & R, it's the old style mom and pop store,  the mother (who I assume has to be in her 80's) still waits on me when I go in.  Great old time feel.

I almost forgot Ideal Mower in Derby.  Used to be a mom and pop and then sold 2 or 3 times.   Service fell, couldn't order parts, just terrible.  New owner took over about two years ago and its back to its old glory,  90% of what I need is on a shelf and the other 10% is ordered and received within 2-3 days. 

Edited by 64s

CasualObserver

Looks like I have  bunch of entries to add to the list!!  I'll get to them guys just not this minute.  There's no need to post follow up duplicate entries... I haven't been here to read them!  I'm just coming off an extremely busy winter work season, and I'll get to them as soon as I can, but in the meantime, please keep them coming!

• Like 1

Horse Play

Hill's Texaco station in Harrodsburg, KY - no longer in business.  A friend of mine worked there during high school in the mid to late 70's.  The owner of the Texaco also sold Wheel Horses at the station.  

There was also a dealer in Danville, KY around the same time, but I cannot remember the name - I'll have to ask my buddy again and post it later.  

SpillerMiller

Wolfeils- Saginaw, MI

1973 sea ray srv 180 inline 4 cylinder mercruiser

CasualObserver

So I've updated for most of the submissions... except for going through that long list on the ad in post #149. Thanks for that BTW, Awesome to get a whole list.  I wonder what distributor sponsored the ad?  

Thanks for all your contributions!  Keep'em coming :thumbs:

• Like 1

T-Mo

Mueller Motors;  DeSoto, MO -- This was a long time dealer (Dave Mueller) who I bought my 310-8 from in 1991 -- It is still there under different ownership -- They still have "staches" of new Wheel Horse parts; much to my suprise and pleasure

I was out and about today and drove into Desoto.  I have stopped by Mueller Motors-Olson before and always look to see what's in their yard.  But I hadn't been there in a while.  So I decided to stop in and say hello.  They still have the RJ58 in their building, on a shelf.  It's moved from the window as I always seen it before to the adjacent wall.  I talked to Tony, who apparently now runs it and we talked about how tractors aren't made as sturdy as they once was.  He said whenever they come across an older Wheel Horse that has them stumped on fixing it, they come here to RS for the answers.

post-30-0-62933700-1402750475_thumb.jpg

post-30-0-93993900-1402750551_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

AMC RULES

Awesome pict... :handgestures-thumbsup:

just made their RJ display my new screen saver.

T-Mo

I wish I had taken a better picture.  My picture taking skills are very lacking, plus I'm sure my iPhone needs to be cleaned a bit. :text-imsorry:

AMC RULES

:handgestures-thumbsup:

post-3498-0-30735500-1402754625.jpg

• Like 2

19richie66

The 1056 I have has original paperwork from a Ford tractor dealer in Mt Orab, Ohio. Doesnt show any Other brands on the letterhead but it was sold in '66 from this dealer, Mt Orab Tractor sales.

AMC RULES

Still in business, Florida, NY. 10921

post-3498-0-98166400-1407714434_thumb.jp

post-3498-0-34575300-1407714443_thumb.jp

• Like 1

GDSX2

Ackley's inc. deerfield st nj owned by my family closed in 1997 or 98 I can't remember I was on 12 or 13 at the time

I will try to get some old pictures of the dealership from my dad we were a massey ferguson dealer for over 50 years and also sold wheel horse and toro

• Like 1

Firpo701

Stakers Outdoor Power Equipment in Portsmouth OH. They are still in business. I buy all of my Kohler parts from them. :-)

AMC RULES

Spied this one today on the Coach's C-160.   :handgestures-thumbsup: 

post-3498-0-41672300-1410660707_thumb.jp

post-3498-0-00921300-1410660719_thumb.jp

• Like 2

Vinylguy

gallery_74_560_14551.png

I wonder if they are still selling lawn equipment

gallery_74_560_14709.png

Edited by Vinylguy
  • Like 1