CasualObserver

Dealer List

CasualObserver

In North Haledon NJ there was a wheel horse dealer

I need a name please, to add it to the list! :thumbs:

Thanks again everyone, list has been updated through this post.

Wishin4a416

This from a sticker on a tractor I picked up.

I really dont know the statis of it since its not local to me but I found an active website.

Cain's Wheelhorse Sales and Service

Apollo, Pa.

boovuc

Thomas L. Dunlap

Jersey Shore, PA

(Current Toro Dealer and long time WH Dealer)

Rich Sales & Service

Pine Loganton Road

Loganton, PA

(out of business)

papaglide

C. J. Perry & Son

8401 Ridge Rd

Gasport, NY

Wheel Horse and John Deere dealer combined from the late 60's to 1989.

Deere told the owner to stop selling Wheel Horse or loose the Deere franchise around 1988. They consequently stopped selling horses early 1989. (The franchise was picked up by another local Kubota dealer) Deere pulled the plug on the dealership franchise in the late 1990's and they subsequently closed. The building now houses foodstuff wholesaler and retailer.

Edited by papaglide

kenw520hc

can we add to the list: ECKERT POWER EQUIPMENT, ROUTE 309 DALLAS PA,18612 OWNED BY AL WEISENBACHER, NOW CLOSED thanks guys this w.ould be a tribute to my dad. thanks ken weisenbacher

• Like 1

c-series don

Ok I would like to add to this list Rolle Bros. in Riverhead Long Island New York . I purchased a gt 1800 brand new in 1984 from them and at that time was amazed at the amount of wheel horses on hand there. About 8 years ago I looked up the last Rolle Brother in the phone book, called him and we met. He lived 25 minutes away. He told me that they where at one time the largest W.H. Dealer on the east coast. I have no reason to not believe this man. Any one out on Long Island that knows W.H.s can attest to this I am sure. He told me that they sold 5 420 LSE's. They retired and closed up about 1995 . I also remember they had a parts room that was huge , most of this was sold to the near by dealer Carl's Equipment also in Riverhead they are still in business. Thank you for reading my story of WH's in my part of the world !

ben06351

Bozrah Home & Hardware Inc.

366 Salem Turnpike, Bozrah, CT 06334

They are a Toro dealer, good for parts, service and helpful advice. I know my uncle got his Wheel Horse ZTR's there.

DUBAY'S TRACTOR CENTER
65 DUBAY DR
DANIELSON, CT 06239

Since 1976, we have been proud to sell and service many lines of tractors and power equipment, including Mahindra®Stihl®, Exmark®, Toro-Wheelhorse®Ariens/Gravely®,Honda®, Woods®

I use them for Gravely parts always helpful, and the yard is full of vintage machines...  

dclarke
245_zps398fae48.jpg
  • Like 5

kenw520hc

Eckert power equipment,route 309 dallas pa. 18612 started by william eckert in the early sixty,s closed in 1990..sold wheel horse, toro, hahn eclipse,remington,lawnboy,yardman,any many more to many to mention

Wishin4a416

From a sticker on a parts Tractor

Miller Brothers Garden Center

Erie Pa.

Active website and I went by there last Fall and they were still open for Business.

jones and son

ok , i went through 5 pages of dealers and didnt see the ones i know of , so here goes

kendall outdoor power equipment , possibly just called kendall equipment, cant remember now , but it was in yorkville illinois ( where my 69 electro 12 was purchased new , by my grandpa) . shut down in the 80's.post-2708-0-15522800-1378954103_thumb.jp

streator lawn , streator,illinois , dont know when they started , but still selling toro.

kipp's lawn mowers, in naperville,illinois, started in the 60's, was still going in the 90's, i have no clue if they are still going.

post-2708-0-15831600-1378954282_thumb.jp

• Like 2

woodbird007

Glad to see this being done. I have a couple to add. Meyer Sales and service, Kalamazoo, Mi before 1979- about 2000.  Dealer in Quincy, Mi, before 1979- about 2005 

DMK855

Montgomery Hardware Inc.

Jackson Center, Pa.

rompus

My dealer is Metzler Mowers in Strasburg PA, nice old school place

timo4352

Tegner Implement Sales at 30817 Euclid Ave, Willoughby, OH 44094

No phone number - it is out of service.  But, you can still get a hold of them by stopping by, leaving your needs and phone number on the door, and they will call you back. Nice guys.

neil

I found this pic & im dont know too much about it or where the dealership was but over the front door  there is a name Nasy & Kadl

post-2119-0-01708000-1381646750_thumb.jp

• Like 4

squonk

Dave Carrick Equipment Avon N.Y. now closed. (died 2007) Sticker on a 73 12 I just got from the original owner.

IMG_0452_zps4bee1a99.jpg

• Like 1

Horse Play

I've only lived in Kentucky for ten years, so I don't know anything about the dealer where my tractor came from.  The address is an old empty gas station.

DSC_0007.jpg

• Like 3

Horse Play

So I grew up in central PA and here's what I remember.  

Penn Woods in Pleasant Gap, PA - still in business, but no longer selling outdoor equipment.

McCoys in Roaring Spring, PA - still in business selling Kubotas.  

There was also a dealer in the Spring Mills, PA area, my grandfather bought a 520-8 there brand new.  I'll ask what the name of the dealer was and update.  

Stepney

I can't find much info on mine.. My B-100 Auto, Trailer and Deck came from "Kinville Sales & Service, Kinville N.H." I never could find any information on that one though.

CasualObserver

I found this pic & im dont know too much about it or where the dealership was but over the front door  there is a name Nasy & Kadl

attachicon.gif$T2eC16dHJGQFFh)oZzMnBSNNWL82o!~~60_57.jpg

Neil did you buy that?  I saw that pic on ebay a few weeks back along with some other random black & whites.  I almost bought it just to put in here!  Glad you posted it.  I'd love to find more of those kind of pictures, but they're probably only going to come from old dealerships themselves, or maybe from a newspaper clipping about a store opening or something... people generally didn't take this kind of picture back in the day.   As a side note... check out the snow tires on that nearest car!  Wonder if anyone still does "snow tires" anymore!?

Thanks for keeping this thread going.  I've updated the original post with the latest submissions, as well as several new (old) ones I've found ads for!

I'm going to add a quick vote.... do you want me to re-arrange these and have them displayed by state?

Rideawaysenior

Rymons in Washington NJ still has all the wheel horse gear up. I go there for parts and wiring diagrams.

I was in there a fwe years back doing an insurance risk evaluation and they have NOS parts for just about all years going back to the RJs.

wh1257

and the belguim daelers  and wheel horse factory  

a big dealer jean triosfontaines

eh2fay

I hear of a guy in the South Bend area(home of Wheelhorse) by the name of Gene Levan who had a dealership and sold the bldg but kept all the parts and he has lots of parts and NOS as well as tractors you can pick parts from. I'm still trying to find him but was told he lives on US 23 not far from Ireland. Anybody got any ideas where he is?

mowerman1193

Road & Turf in Battle Creek Mi ( Closed 17 years ago )

True Value Hardware  Hastings Mi ( Closed ) Now Ace Hardware and I think they still sell parts but not certain

Giants  of Ionia MI ( Closed )      16-20 years ago       ( not sure of the full name, would have to dig out my receipt for the new Work Horse GT1600 )  

I will probably think of a few more later...I know there is more local ones that have closed not on the list yet..